Injen evolution intake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Injen evolution intake?

Has anyone here installed this intake. I know their claimed power numbers are probably a little far fetched. But I like the fact that it’s an enclosed air box and it retains the factory air scoops. I’m currently running the bimmerworld silicon elbow with a K&N filter but I’d like some more induction noise. Any first hand accounts would be greatly appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turner ECS marketing: "Add to that the highest dyno-proven gains" and "Utilizes our patent-pending Twist-Lock technology to securely attach a massive SuperNano-Web Dry air filter"

First Google search result: "This intake is shit. I'm going back to stock"

I have no personal experience, but I would say that is a
    waste of money. I do not see how it improves the stock design at all. In my opinion, there are the CSL style boxes and the Gruppe M. Everything else is not worth it over stock. Some might argue for the Evolve, but I do not like the idea of an open intake like that. Either way, I'm sure we can all agree that the Injen is not a good idea.

Comment

Imagine exchanging US currency for something called injen and then degrading your engine bay with said item.
      2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

I'd try it out on my lawn mower first.

Comment

Seems like a cheaper alternative to the Dinan enclosed airbox. I don't remember ever seeing this product...I gotta say, i don't hate it....and looks more OEM-ish over the AFE one i currently have. Injen Evolution Cold Air Intake Now Available for BMW M3 (E46) – Vivid Racing News (https://www.vividracing.com/blog/injen

I see there's been little evolution in jet's opinion on the matter lol
          Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post
            Imagine exchanging US currency for something called injen and then degrading your engine bay with said item.
            Have you tried it?

Comment

Originally posted by 01SG View Post
              Turner ECS marketing: "Add to that the highest dyno-proven gains" and "Utilizes our patent-pending Twist-Lock technology to securely attach a massive SuperNano-Web Dry air filter"

First Google search result: "This intake is shit. I'm going back to stock"

I have no personal experience, but I would say that is a
              waste of money. I do not see how it improves the stock design at all. In my opinion, there are the CSL style boxes and the Gruppe M. Everything else is not worth it over stock. Some might argue for the Evolve, but I do not like the idea of an open intake like that. Either way, I'm sure we can all agree that the Injen is not a good idea.
              I’ve googled reviews prior to this post. I haven’t seen the one you quoted. Link??

Comment

Those reviews are of the short Ram intake. Not the evolution intake. Which sucks hot air in much like the afe, K&N, even the eventuri etc. which a lot of people like.

Comment

With their sordid history of unethical dinosaur breeding practices I for one could never buy nor endorse any of their products.

Here's another thread on this intake that had about the same type of responses. I would stick with the stock intake, but hey maybe this thing does do better and the jokes on me, just don't trust their data.

Seems like a cheaper alternative to the Dinan enclosed airbox. I don't remember ever seeing this product...I gotta say, i don't hate it....and looks more OEM-ish over the AFE one i currently have. Injen Evolution Cold Air Intake Now Available for BMW M3 (E46) – Vivid Racing News (https://www.vividracing.com/blog/injen
                  2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
                  Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
                  Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
                  RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
                  Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by jpiazzam3 View Post

Have you tried it?

I think you should get it and report your losses back.
                    2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

something pretty unique to the bmw community is the general perception that anything not OE-ish can't possibly be any good (and vice versa)

when CSL style intakes came on the market people were running around in droves with underdeveloped, poorly running setups telling anyone that would listen "same as a CSL bruh"

Comment

I think people here just don’t like things that look like they were designed by Fisher Price … Probably the same reason nobody here likes BMW’s new M-car designs.

Most don’t mind the Eventuri or quality velocity stacks for example
                        Last edited by repoman89; 06-03-2022, 12:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post

I think you should get it and report your losses back.
                          I’ll just get a 4k$ csl intake that makes 15hp then.

Comment

Snide comments go better when they're accurate. They're $1,500-2k, & the main reason to get a CSL replica box is for sound, not the 15hp.

If you're balking at $2k for the greatest induction of any car you'll see on the road, then I've got some bad news for you...
                            DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                            /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                            More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Working...
                            X