Replacement Steering Wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cbean View Post
    Am I wrong, in that all the Tainik & Ledermanz solutions are 600+ ?

Is there a substantial difference to go with them or just go OEM wheel for close "ish" same price?

I have seen some quality complaints on COBY, but at half the price appears to be a great deal no?
    Dimitri's wheels (tainik on ebay or https://www.instagram.com/tainik.shop/) are 550 on ebay bc of ebay fees but if you purchase from him directly probably about 500 shipped. Well worth it for the quality of work and you keep yours obviously which you can then sell for whatever they are on the second hand market, maybe 300 if it's in decent shape.

His turnaround is fast, great communication and an overall good guy. Lederman is more expensive, not as good communication, much longer turnaround, etc.
    2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Just got my wheel back from Coby. Love it and prefer the smoother/softer leather. Couple pics compared to a new OE wheel.

Comment

Anyone have any experience with royal steering wheels from the UK? Pretty competitive pricing, they can use OEM 9002 alcantara, photos look good etc. Thinking they might be a better route than the ebay sellers for price reasons.
        Last edited by Thoglan; 10-26-2021, 08:47 PM.

Comment

I ended up going with royal steering wheels. Went with black stitching so I can't speak too much for how the tri-colour would be. But overall fairly impressed. They strip it right back so it is OEM thickness, if not slightly thinner. Some very slight bunching at the 9 oclock position, its not 100% and not OEM quality but I'm happy with it. The back edges are all nicely toleranced as well, unlike the cobywheel.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20211122_165502.jpg Views:	0 Size:	157.3 KB ID:	138497
          Click image for larger version  Name:	20211122_165105.jpg Views:	0 Size:	182.2 KB ID:	138498
          Click image for larger version  Name:	20211122_165201.jpg Views:	0 Size:	149.3 KB ID:	138496
          Click image for larger version  Name:	20211122_150637.jpg Views:	0 Size:	144.7 KB ID:	138499
          Last edited by Thoglan; 11-22-2021, 09:50 PM.

Comment

^ That looks real nice. Hopefully the alcantara holds up well.

Comment

PSA - If anyone is interested in the "group buy" m-technic steering wheels without the group buy markup for the tainik shop steering wheels you can get them for under 500 shipped.
              2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post
                PSA - If anyone is interested in the "group buy" m-technic steering wheels without the group buy markup for the tainik shop steering wheels you can get them for under 500 shipped.
                Directly through him?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by WestBankM4 View Post
                  Directly through him?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
                  Yes, tell Dimitri what you want and he will send you a paypal invoice.

Comment

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post

Yes, tell Dimitri what you want and he will send you a paypal invoice.
                    What’s his contact info? Can’t seem to find it on his website.
                    Silver Track to Street Car Journal
                    Interlagos Blue Street Car Journal

Comment

Originally posted by SQ13 View Post

What’s his contact info? Can’t seem to find it on his website.
                      tainikshop@gmail.com

Comment

I just got mine from eBay, shipped from Poland. User name:gs-specialties Quality is A+ top, even though it is the smooth Nappa leather, I am super happy with the quality.

Click image for larger version

Name:	PHOTO-2022-05-16-13-13-33.jpg
Views:	340
Size:	197.0 KB
ID:	168063 Click image for larger version

Name:	PHOTO-2022-05-16-13-13-32.jpg
Views:	319
Size:	120.7 KB
ID:	168064 Click image for larger version

Name:	PHOTO-2022-05-16-13-13-32 (1).jpg
Views:	325
Size:	126.6 KB
ID:	168065

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9688.jpg
Views:	323
Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	168067Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9687.jpg
Views:	304
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	168066 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9689.jpg
Views:	324
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	168071
                        Attached Files

Comment

The dollar is almost 1:1 with the euro as of late so we're getting a bit of a discount.

Comment

****DO NOT ORDER from Shadow Craft Steering wheels or Shadow Craft Designs or Chicago Composites

I ordered a steering for my GT350R from him back in 10/2021 and have not received it nor have heard from him since 3/2022. It was supposed to be completed around 12/2021 but he kept giving me excuses. He finally stopped communicating with me in March 2022. I googled him and read about issues he had with the Tesla and Lamborghini forums but I gave him the benefit of the doubt since the complaints and threads were a couple years old.......guess I should have listened aas he had a track record for doing the same to the other Tesla and Lambo forum members

To stay on topic- I will be checking out the recommendations listed here for my E46.

Comment

Working...
                            X