Loss of WHP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loss of WHP

I have a 2002 m3, for a few months I have been experiencing a loss of power and the fuel mixture at 15.4, I don't know if it is related, but I have changed the fuel pump, pressure regulator and injectors, and the car remains the same. Previously, my car had 288whp, now it does not exceed 230whp, approximately at 5900rpm the WHP stops rising, in the ECU I only have two errors (8f [143] electronics-box fan) and (59 [089] internal fault).

https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...cu-error-codes
    Looks like you have some DME/ ECU errors. The first one is the cooling fan for the DME and the second one is more than likely a result of an overheated DME. Hopefully more can chime in, but that's my humble observation.

There are two versions of the fan.
    Last edited by jdamore44; 06-13-2022, 12:58 PM.

Comment

Overheating DME can cause weird behavior. I would start by fixing the known faults and go from there.
      2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by jdamore44 View Post
        https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...cu-error-codes
        Looks like you have some DME/ ECU errors. The first one is the cooling fan for the DME and the second one is more than likely a result of an overheated DME. Hopefully more can chime in, but that's my humble observation.

There are two versions of the fan.

my M3 never had that fan since before it was mine, and I already have 3 years with my car, for a few months I have been presenting the loss of power at 5900rpm, my car already has the engine refreshed with a change of rod and main bearings , piston rings and all seals including the Vanos. Before refreshing the engine it had 269whp and after refreshing 289whp

Comment

Originally posted by GNevarc View Post

my M3 never had that fan since before it was mine, and I already have 3 years with my car, for a few months I have been presenting the loss of power at 5900rpm, my car already has the engine refreshed with a change of rod and main bearings , piston rings and all seals including the Vanos. Before refreshing the engine it had 269whp and after refreshing 289whp
          Without the ECU fan for so long, it seems to me that it could slowly have been degrading with high temps. I wouldn't rule out an issue with the ECU due to heat soak. Electronics don't like heat. Have you experienced any misfires? If you can post your dyno graph maybe someone can read it with a better idea of what could be happening. How long has it been since the refresh? Post as much as you can about symptoms and things you've already tried. With enough good valuable information to work with, the guys on these forums can figure out most anything. Just have to get them some more info to work from. Good luck and I hope you are able to find some solutions.

Comment

Working...
          X