Form Werkes Interior Trim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Form Werkes Interior Trim

Does anybody have any experience with these folks? The carbon interior bits look nice, but I can figure out if they're stick-on or a wrap.

Instagram @formwerkes and formwerkes.com

Their customer service is garbage. Can't speak of the product, because I never received it despite ordering twice and waiting 8 months.

I ordered a set back in November of last year. Waited months, only to find out my order was cancelled due to something about their payment service not accepting my card. So I tried to get them to recharge me and send me the set I ordered but they had sold it to someone else. So, I placed another order in March and waited again. Just got an email last week saying that my order was cancelled out of the blue. I messaged them on IG and was told they don't have the man power or something.

IDK, if you don't want someone sitting on your money for months and then ultimately just refunding you months later, I'd pass.

I ended up having Matt do a forged carbon interior for me, and he's a pleasure to work with.

Specifications Made in Germany Pre-Preg & Autoclaved Carbon Fiber Construction Process Made using new OEM BMW trims Available in 1x1 and 2x2 weave pattern 1x1 is the exclusive CSL weave pattern as used by BMW M Available in gloss and matte 2 component hardened clear coat The armrest comes standard with the mirror s
    2004 Dinan S3-R M3
    2012 Dinan S1 X5M

Comment

I have an order in the works for a few weeks now. Who knows when I’ll get it but I’ll let you know once I do.

Comment

Originally posted by 9kracing View Post
        Their customer service is garbage. Can't speak of the product, because I never received it despite ordering twice and waiting 8 months.

I ordered a set back in November of last year. Waited months, only to find out my order was cancelled due to something about their payment service not accepting my card. So I tried to get them to recharge me and send me the set I ordered but they had sold it to someone else. So, I placed another order in March and waited again. Just got an email last week saying that my order was cancelled out of the blue. I messaged them on IG and was told they don't have the man power or something.

IDK, if you don't want someone sitting on your money for months and then ultimately just refunding you months later, I'd pass.

I ended up having Matt do a forged carbon interior for me, and he's a pleasure to work with.

https://euroconnex.co/collections/e4...interior-trims
        Oh, man, that sucks. That looks like a nice alternative. I'll check it out. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by 9kracing View Post

https://euroconnex.co/collections/e4...interior-trims
          Any chance you could post some photos of the new parts?

Comment

Update - agree on their customer service being garbage. I’d stay away from this company.

I placed an order 2 months ago. Hadn’t heard anything at all so I emailed for an update. Then emailed again. Again. And again. Never any response.

Finally I sent an e-mail demanding a refund and I just got a notification from PayPal that the refund was granted.

Still no email from Form Werkes, no explanation, no apology. Just stay away.

Comment

I'm still hemming and hawing on what I want to do with the interior, but they're definitely off the list. Sorry you had such a crap experience.

Comment

Anyone use these guys … https://www.ebay.com/itm/28303339321...mis&media=COPY

maw

Comment

If you don't want to go with carbon fiber, TexaZ3 refinishes interior trim I believe.
                  11 E90 M3 Alpine White
                  96 FJ80 Black
                  05 E46 M3 Carbon Black: (sold)
                  86 Porsche 944 Turbo Guards Red, 320 whp: (sold)
                  89 E30 Touring Alpine White, S52 swapped: (sold)
                  02 E46 M3 Steel Grey: (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by Deen HK View Post
                    If you don't want to go with carbon fiber, TexaZ3 refinishes interior trim I believe.
                    Yup.
                    Many of you know me from M3Forum and I have offered this service to forum members for years. Since M3F demise, my tread with all the pictures, prices, and testimonials were lost, but here is a new one that would hopefully serve as a starting point to all who want their BMW trim refreshed. My work is mostly E46M specific, but
                    BMW / E46M Interior & Trim Restoration.
                    https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/c...ch-restoration

Comment

Originally posted by callmemrwiggles View Post

Any chance you could post some photos of the new parts?
                      Yeah sorry I didn't see this till now, I'll take some pics after work.

Quality came out really nice.
                      2004 Dinan S3-R M3
                      2012 Dinan S1 X5M

Comment

Originally posted by maw1124 View Post
                        I just ordered a set, I can be the guinea pig. My car came with some sort of carbon fiber trim already but the fitment was not perfect it is yellowing after all this time

Click image for larger version

Name:	M3 photoshoot 1 065.jpg
Views:	370
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	191667

You can see the yellowish color vs when I first got the car:

Name:	DSC00750.jpg
Views:	357
Size:	133.0 KB
ID:	191668

Name:	M3 photoshoot 1 067.jpg
Views:	355
Size:	81.4 KB
ID:	191669

Comment

Someone told me it was vinyl that wouldn't wear well, and dealing with the seller convinced me to hard pass. Keep us informed how it goes please.

Cheers,

maw

Comment

Originally posted by maw1124 View Post
                            Someone told me it was vinyl that wouldn't wear well, and dealing with the seller convinced me to hard pass. Keep us informed how it goes please.

Cheers,

maw
                            So I finally got the trim and the workmanship could be best described as "half assed". The CF wrap is not sticking around a few edges, there are a couple of dimpled spots. The arm rest pieces don't even have cut outs for the leather part, I guess I am supposed to make my own holes there?

I was thinking of just sending this back but my current trim is old so I will just try to work with this and make it look decent. It's going to bother me for a while though.

I do not recommend this seller.

Name:	20221231_125635.jpg
Views:	386
Size:	117.2 KB
ID:	198341 Click image for larger version

Name:	20221231_125631.jpg
Views:	379
Size:	111.5 KB
ID:	198342 Click image for larger version

Name:	20221231_130121.jpg
Views:	378
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	198343 Click image for larger version

Name:	20221231_125956.jpg
Views:	377
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	198344 Click image for larger version

Name:	20221231_125823.jpg
Views:	379
Size:	118.6 KB
ID:	198345 Click image for larger version

Name:	20221231_130010.jpg
Views:	385
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	198346 Click image for larger version

Name:	20221231_130114.jpg
Views:	381
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	198347 Click image for larger version

Name:	20221231_125811.jpg
Views:	384
Size:	126.1 KB
ID:	198348

Comment

Eeek. Sorry for this experience but thanks for posting that for others to see.
                              Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

Working...
                              X