No announcement yet.

MAP sensor wiring help PLEASE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oscillating map signal or not, it shouldn't have a negative effect like you are thinking. the CSL Tune is still mainly Alpha N from my understanding and only uses the MAP sensor for correction factor of 3%.

Ideally you should have a tuner like Hassan from HTE in here, he tunes these all the time and makes great power and i'm sure he would know for sure.

I ran the TTFS GM 1 bar map sensor on the modified TTFS air rail when i had my airbox setup and though i never used testo to log map sensor like you guys are dong and I too also used pin 16 for my ground instead of piggy backing off pin 17, i never saw a performance issue with my stock CSL tune. just the expectation hesitation since i wasnt running the non CSL vanos cam offsets at the time.

Comment

Hey all, quick bump to this thread, just because I haven't seen this discussed too much.

Has anyone run the Turner "Alpha - N" IAT Wiring harness in conjunction with the Kassel Map or COVID-19 MAP sensor kit? Just curious as I haven't seen this discussed or more commonly mentioned. The Alpha-N variant of the IAT kit comes without the MAF plug, so is it safe to say the install is identical just cleaner since there isn't the extra MAF plug that's unused?

Here's a link to said Alpha-N harness.

Current:

1997 BMW M3 - Boston Green/Modena
      2003 BMW M3 · Coupe · 6MT - Alpine White/M-Texture Alcantara

Comment

Originally posted by BMWahba View Post
        Hey all, quick bump to this thread, just because I haven't seen this discussed too much.

Has anyone run the Turner "Alpha - N" IAT Wiring harness in conjunction with the Kassel Map or COVID-19 MAP sensor kit? Just curious as I haven't seen this discussed or more commonly mentioned. The Alpha-N variant of the IAT kit comes without the MAF plug, so is it safe to say the install is identical just cleaner since there isn't the extra MAF plug that's unused?

Here's a link to said Alpha-N harness.

https://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-5...elocation-kit/
        When you run a CSL airbox you are either running a CSL tune or Alpha N, this harness will work with either. Once you go with a CSL box regardless of CSL or Alpha N tune you are no longer using a MAF sensor so that extra port on the "standard" Turner IAT relocation harness is unused.
        I REALLY wish I would have seen this MAFless version of the Turner harness because it would definitely have made my install look a bit cleaner.

To answer your question you can 100% use this product with either the Kassel or COVID-19 MAP sensor kits. Buy this Turner product w/ COVID-19's MAP sensor kit and you are good to go. The standard harness like I bought just requires you to zip tie one more thing out of the way.
        2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
        Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
        Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
        RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
        Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post

When you run a CSL airbox you are either running a CSL tune or Alpha N, this harness will work with either. Once you go with a CSL box regardless of CSL or Alpha N tune you are no longer using a MAF sensor so that extra port on the "standard" Turner IAT relocation harness is unused.
          I REALLY wish I would have seen this MAFless version of the Turner harness because it would definitely have made my install look a bit cleaner.

To answer your question you can 100% use this product with either the Kassel or COVID-19 MAP sensor kits. Buy this Turner product w/ COVID-19's MAP sensor kit and you are good to go. The standard harness like I bought just requires you to zip tie one more thing out of the way.
          There's definitely a bunch of ways to slice this pie. heinzboehmer made a good point to me in that with the turner kit with the MAF Plug can chop off the MAF connector from the harness and splice the Kassel MAP harness into there. This gives you the advantage of using the pre ran wires for the MAF (the ones that go from the stock MAF plug to the plastic engine bay harness box right behind the intake) as your wires for the MAP. This makes the harness nice and clean, all wires in one conduit.

So I'm thinking while the Alpha N version doesn't have the extra plug, if you repurpose the plug on the standard IAT Turner kit with the MAF, it can lead to possibly the 'cleanest' variant of the install possible. At least this is what I have gathered so far!!

Current:

1997 BMW M3 - Boston Green/Modena
          2003 BMW M3 · Coupe · 6MT - Alpine White/M-Texture Alcantara

Comment

Originally posted by BMWahba View Post

There's definitely a bunch of ways to slice this pie. heinzboehmer made a good point to me in that with the turner kit with the MAF Plug can chop off the MAF connector from the harness and splice the Kassel MAP harness into there. This gives you the advantage of using the pre ran wires for the MAF (the ones that go from the stock MAF plug to the plastic engine bay harness box right behind the intake) as your wires for the MAP. This makes the harness nice and clean, all wires in one conduit.

So I'm thinking while the Alpha N version doesn't have the extra plug, if you repurpose the plug on the standard IAT Turner kit with the MAF, it can lead to possibly the 'cleanest' variant of the install possible. At least this is what I have gathered so far!!
            Yeah you can indeed use the MAF portion of the Turner harness to tap into so you don't have to string as many wires into your DME box, if any. Its been a while since I have done this so I dont remember which pins on the unused MAF connector would be used for what.

Instagram

Comment

Yeah you can indeed use the MAF portion of the Turner harness to tap into so you don't have to string as many wires into your DME box, if any. Its been a while since I have done this so I dont remember which pins on the unused MAF connector would be used for what.
              Pretty sure the female MAF plug on the Turner harness only has three going to it (no need for the two IAT wires if you're relocating it). So you would just need to somehow connect (solder, splice, whatever) those three wires to the three wires on the MAP connector/harness and then move the original MAF wires around in the DME area to their new spots.
              2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

A bit of a noob question here. I am slowly collecting all the parts needed for a carbon airbox install. I am planning on going with AlphaN since I don’t wanna deal with all the hassle when going for emissions, which means no MAP sensor.
                My question is for a cleaner setup with less wire cutting/ splicing that is easier reversible back to stock, is it better to go with the Turner AlphaN IAT relocation kit

or with the Turner IAT relocation harnerss?

Comment

Originally posted by Nick_P View Post
                  A bit of a noob question here. I am slowly collecting all the parts needed for a carbon airbox install. I am planning on going with AlphaN since I don’t wanna deal with all the hassle when going for emissions, which means no MAP sensor.
                  My question is for a cleaner setup with less wire cutting/ splicing that is easier reversible back to stock, is it better to go with the Turner AlphaN IAT relocation kit

or with the Turner IAT relocation harnerss?
                  https://www.ecstuning.com/b-turner-m...14579ecs01akt/
                  No MAP means you only need the IAT, so the alpha-n IAT relocation kit is what you want.
                  2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

Comment

Where are people getting the single pin crimp terminals to make their own harness? Are the ones that go into the DME plug the same as the ones that go into the plugs for the MAP and IAT plugs? Is there an Amazon source or do they need to be OE?

Comment

Here is a link to the wire w/pre-crimped terminal that go to the DME:

They are not the same as the type that go to the IAT/MAP. You can build your own harness with OE parts or find some on amazon/eBay etc. I wish I still had all the part #'s down somewhere.

Here are a few amazon items:
                      3 pin connection

2 pin connection

Read this thread for a better source of the part #'s required to build your own harness.

Karbonius Airbox - £1400 - Purchased from, TrackM3 Plus £25 Postage. http://forums.m3cutters.co.uk/showthread.php?t=132341 Karbonius Snorkel - £300 - Purchased from, TrackM3 or CSL Control Unit (11617833498) - £307.80 - Purchased from BMW (csl vin required unless your a regular like me to the...

Instagram

Comment

Here is a link to the wire w/pre-crimped terminal that go to the DME:

They are not the same as the type that go to the IAT/MAP. You can build your own harness with OE parts or find some on amazon/eBay etc. I wish I still had all the part #'s down somewhere.

Here are a few amazon items:
                        3 pin connection

2 pin connection

Read this thread for a better source of the part #'s required to build your own harness.

https://forums.m3cutters.co.uk/threa.../#post-1842264
                        Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post

No MAP means you only need the IAT, so the alpha-n IAT relocation kit is what you want.
                          Thanks! So there’s basically no wire splicing required if you go AlphaN using this relocation kit? Or am I missing smth?

Comment

Originally posted by Nick_P View Post

Thanks! So there’s basically no wire splicing required if you go AlphaN using this relocation kit? Or am I missing smth?
                            That's correct.

Instagram

Comment

Yup what he said ^

Comment

Great. Thanks guys! Looks like a CSL airbox will be coming my way soon

Comment

Working...
                                X