1:1 CSL Carbon Diffuser - it's here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1:1 CSL Carbon Diffuser - it's here!

“Gone in 60 days”: from idea to product in hand.
    My unboxing of the first production unit of the 1:1 CSL Carbon Diffuser

Click image for larger version  Name:	REC00112.jpg Views:	0 Size:	181.9 KB ID:	174184

From an idea launched on April 29th to having the products in hand by June 30th. The original crowdfunding thread is here.

If I kept the scores, this is probably a record for a EuroConnex crowdfunding.

This extended Build Journal entry documents my unboxing impressions and hands-on review of what makes this special.

A refresher:
    1. A new mold to OEM design precision.
    2. OEM matching carbon fiber construction process.
    3. Improved packaging for UPS Air shipping.
    4. Affordable Color Matching paint service.
    5. 50% less expensive than its OEM counterpart.
    I touch on all these points in my Journal Entry.

Up next: fitting the diffuser.
    Maybe this afternoon, probably early next week.

If you want to place an individual order, it's here.

Cheers,
    - Matt
    @m3_epoustouflant

Click image for larger version  Name:	REC00103.jpg Views:	0 Size:	133.4 KB ID:	174192
    Click image for larger version  Name:	REC00093.jpg Views:	0 Size:	118.9 KB ID:	174189
    Click image for larger version  Name:	REC00099.jpg Views:	0 Size:	75.3 KB ID:	174185 Click image for larger version  Name:	REC00092.jpg Views:	0 Size:	101.3 KB ID:	174190 Click image for larger version  Name:	REC00097.jpg Views:	0 Size:	141.8 KB ID:	174193 Click image for larger version  Name:	REC00094.jpg Views:	0 Size:	58.4 KB ID:	174186
    Attached Files

Looks amazing Matt! Looking forward to the fitment, although given it's a 1:1 of OEM, I assume it'll be perfect.

Comment

The sick photography certainly ain't helping my wallet! That's a great looking piece. Really awesome work pulling this off in that amount of time.
      Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

Darn it, this is haunting me...
        Interlagos 06 M3, Autologic tune, Agency Power midpipes/exhaust, Fortune Auto coilovers, UUC SSK, ZKW-R lenses. MRegistry listing here

Comment

Just paid my invoice from CarboProject - can't wait to see this beautiful piece!

Comment

Originally posted by Epoustouflant
            Hoping to be back by this weekend to fit it! Been on an extended vacation since Canada Day here.
            Any update on timeline for shipping on these?

Comment

Originally posted by mtpktz View Post

Any update on timeline for shipping on these?
              They've started shipping out

Comment

Originally posted by Epoustouflant View Post

They've started shipping out
                Awesome, thanks.

Comment

Epoustouflant have you had a chance to test the fitment on your Phoenix Yellow? Not sure if I missed any pics elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Interlagos View Post
                    Epoustouflant have you had a chance to test the fitment on your Phoenix Yellow? Not sure if I missed any pics elsewhere.
                    Not yet, I got all the pieces together to finalize the mechanical work and test fit the CSL bumper. We hit a snag 2 weeks ago when refitting the OEM clutch & flywheel, starter motor died.

I will do everything at once most likely by end of next week. We've hit Summer vacations but Phil at InnovAuto will work on the car on his vacation time to have it ready.

A few have already shipped as Rene is very, very confident. Once I see some being delivered I will ping the guys to see if they can get pictures faster than my current timeline.

Comment

I received mine. Just waiting to get back from vacation to install it. Will post pictures once done.

Comment

Not yet, I got all the pieces together to finalize the mechanical work and test fit the CSL bumper. We hit a snag 2 weeks ago when refitting the OEM clutch & flywheel, starter motor died.

I will do everything at once most likely by end of next week. We've hit Summer vacations but Phil at InnovAuto will work on the car on his vacation time to have it ready.

A few have already shipped as Rene is very, very confident. Once I see some being delivered I will ping the guys to see if they can get pictures faster than my current timeline.
                        No worries, hope you get your car all sorted ASAP!

I was in on the first batch so I’ll also be sure to post pics whenever I receive mine.

Comment

Originally posted by S54Mickey View Post
                          I received mine. Just waiting to get back from vacation to install it. Will post pictures once done.
                          Awesome, when are you back?

No worries, hope you get your car all sorted ASAP!

I was in on the first batch so I’ll also be sure to post pics whenever I receive mine.
                          Brilliant. Did you get your tracking?

Comment

Brilliant. Did you get your tracking?
                            Nothing yet — would the tracking be emailed straight from Rene?

Comment

Nothing yet — would the tracking be emailed straight from Rene?
                              No, I input them in your Connex account and auto-email. 6x were shipped - he's going slowly until I officialize fitment.

I'm on it this week, currently planning the schedule.

Comment

Working...
                              X