Tools for bushings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post

Huh, I've done it a few times and the soap made it super easy, but good to know. The tool is probably good to have around.
    Maybe I’m just not as swol as the rest of y’all!

Granted the first time I ever had to use the tool was for those fucking Turner monoballs. After that awful experience I had the tool so used em for all the FCABs done since then.

Comment

Originally posted by eacmen View Post

Maybe I’m just not as swol as the rest of y’all!

Granted the first time I ever had to use the tool was for those fucking Turner monoballs. After that awful experience I had the tool so used em for all the FCABs done since then.
      I get that. It's like when I break out my DeWalt 12" chop saw and cut every piece of wood I can throw at it. If I buy a tool, I use it.
      Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

Originally posted by George Hill View Post
        A couple videos my buddy took last weekend when I was doing some bushing replacement on my wifes E46, I just loaded them so the HD version is still processing.

Certainly not hard if you have the right tools and/or experience. Here I don't have the "right" tools, but I've done dozens and dozens enough to make it work. Also my portable hydraulic ram makes it easy once I get the cups, shims and sockets setup correctly.

Sub bushing removal:

Sub bushing install:
        https://youtu.be/PmQIv4tsAlY

Trailing arm bushing removal (not RTAB):
        In this video I am using a portable hydraulic ram with a couple different adapters and sockets to remove a bushing from the rear trailing arm of an E46 BMW (...

Trailing arm bushing install (in this case we replaced with ball joints, Non-M car):
        https://youtube.com/shorts/1gKEkC7QvpE?feature=share
        That’s fantastic! Never seen a hydraulic ram like that. Looks very handy.

Comment

Working...
        X