Chime sound effect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chime sound effect

The default chiming sound (e46 m3) that alerts one for example when the parking brake is engaged when driving away, or key insertion sound w/o engine running while putting on seatbelt.

That beeping sound would be cool to bring up the 2010's

Has anyone modified that sound? If so how to change that sound?

Be cool to update the warning signal to something more customizable.

Lol I've always thought the beep was really cheap sounding. Heck, my E30 sounds classier with it's gentle *ping*.

There are people that have swapped the 5 series gong in with some success: https://www.e46fanatics.com/threads/...46-15.1076667/

My under panel already has this gong mounted, which confuses me a little, but I haven't looked into it at all.

Comment

Isn't that gong used for the parking sensors?

You can code the cluster to use the regular buzzer or the gong with NCS expert. It's probably possible to swap out the gong for an electrically similar piece that makes a different noise, but that would require a bit more tinkering.
      2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

I tried coding to use the gong, but it didn't do anything iirc. I can take another look at some point.

Obligatory: https://youtu.be/pZ301QEoo9Y

Comment

Ah, must require some wiring then. I assumed it would just work because I've seen the option in NCS expert. No parking sensors in my car, so no gong either

Also, that video is hilarious. Someone do this with their M3 please
          2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

I wonder if that's based off the Weezer version or the original.
            Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

So I ended up taking another swing at this, turns out I had misremembered my experience with my previous E46 that did not have PDC. On this M3 with PDC, and in-turn the gong already wired up, changing the sounds to "gong" from "buzzer" in NCS did result in the "classier" sound that the 5 series of the same era had. It's also very similar to the sound that my E30 has.

Turning it on did help me come to an unexpected realization: the gong is entirely too loud. I don't like the piezo/buzzer, but I like it more than the loud-ass gong.

Comment

Working...
              X