No announcement yet.

Brake Rattle Over Bumps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Use a good sized screwdriver to gain a titch more clearance between each rotor and dust shield.

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post

Are you referencing an older version of the torque spec pdf? They're supposed to be torqued to 48 ft lb. Probably not gonna solve your rattle but FYI.

Interesting, where did you find 48 ft lbs? Everywhere I looked said 81.

Comment

Originally posted by eacmen View Post
        Shot in the dark, you have these clips installed on the caliper right?

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...-34211157046oe
        Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by FBloggs View Post
          Use a good sized screwdriver to gain a titch more clearance between each rotor and dust shield.
          It is not the dust shield, I believe it is the inner pad ears hitting the caliper.

Comment

Originally posted by thetypicalm3guy View Post
            Interesting, where did you find 48 ft lbs? Everywhere I looked said 81.
            I just checked TIS and you're right. Front bolts are M12 and rear bolts are M10. 81 ft lbs for the M12 bolts and 48 ft lbs for the M10 bolts.

I think the torque spec pdf originally said 81 for all and then was updated. Now it says 48 for both. I'll fix it soon. Damn, I should also go double check my car. Apologies for the confusion!
            2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by thetypicalm3guy View Post

It is not the dust shield, I believe it is the inner pad ears hitting the caliper.
              This should not be happening. The pads ride in the abutment clips in the caliper carrier bracket. The pad ears should be a snug fit into those clips. If there is play then its likely a manufacturing tolerance issue with the Jurid pads.

If you got from fcp might be worth trying a different brand.

Comment

Originally posted by eacmen View Post

This should not be happening. The pads ride in the abutment clips in the caliper carrier bracket. The pad ears should be a snug fit into those clips. If there is play then its likely a manufacturing tolerance issue with the Jurid pads.

If you got from fcp might be worth trying a different brand.
                It fits snug on the outer side not the inner though

Comment

Working...
                X