Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Passenger side mirror facing ground when in reverse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tangentially related, but on my car the auto tilt has always returned the mirror to the wrong position, just slightly too high (or low, can't remember at the moment). Assuming it's a gear I'd say it's only off by a tooth or two, but after a week or so of driving it'll be noticeable enough that I'll have to re-adjust to the proper position.

Anyone else experience this? Wonder if re-programming would fix this but don't have ncs expert.
    '04 LSB Coupe 6MT
    All my money goes towards maintenance.

Comment

Originally posted by dukeofchen View Post
      Tangentially related, but on my car the auto tilt has always returned the mirror to the wrong position, just slightly too high (or low, can't remember at the moment). Assuming it's a gear I'd say it's only off by a tooth or two, but after a week or so of driving it'll be noticeable enough that I'll have to re-adjust to the proper position.

Anyone else experience this? Wonder if re-programming would fix this but don't have ncs expert.
      Yeah I've noticed the same thing. Annoying and I haven't found a solution for it. I've just made a habit of pressing the memory button to put the mirror back into position every time I go to start the car.
      2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Have the same problem and its the motor. I swapped the mirror memory module and recoded and its the same issue. Unfortunately BMW has a supply chain issue with the replacement motor atm and the connector on it is not even for our car lol. My parts guy has a case open with bmw atm on this.
        2003 E46 M3 TiAg/Cinnamon 6MT
        2005 E46 330i ZHP Imola/Sand

| Karbonius | Schrick | Supertech | Volk | Recaro | FCM | SuperSprint | Turner | Hyperco | GC | PFC | VAC | OMP | Radium Engineering | MPRacing |

Instagram:@thegenius46m

NorCal DME Programming and Coding Expert

Comment

same here- i find pressing the seat memory button usually sets it back though
          2002 TiAg M3 Coupe (SMG to 6spd), 2003 Jet Black M5

https://www.instagram.com/individual_throttle_buddies/

Comment

Working...
          X