Side Finisher Rubber Replacement and Rear Side Window Trim Replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jokerz View Post
    Hello, the package arrived quickly, but my office post didn't contacted me here is a picture of the package size it is small so don't worry about size
    I will be back after i put it on the car
    That's how both of my orders showed up. Open them up, let them set in the heat for a few days and will be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by PSUEng View Post

That's how both of my orders showed up. Open them up, let them set in the heat for a few days and will be fine.
      Thank you for the tip, i already took them out and streched them out, did not think about the heat, good idea will do that

Comment

Bought through PayPal, took about a week to ship. Should get here next week. Will report how the install goes once received. If it works good I’m gonna go back and buy 2 more lol……I’ve had my m for 10 years and this is the second time replacing them (first time replaced the entire trim back when the prices were still “manageable”. Not planing on ever selling my car so I’m sure I’ll have to replace in the future again. I’ll be more diligent about staying in top of it with gummy phledge and see if u can get a longer life.

Comment

PayPal sent on 7/30, received the package on 8/12. I’m very happy with the molding. I’m ordering two more sets just in case he runs out.

Comment

Ordered today. Email reply from Matt stated he was waiting on more to come in. 30 days or so to ship out. I'm not in a rush...

Mike
            02 M3 Titanium Silver/Black
            11 Tundra SuperWhite/Black
            16 X5

Comment

Got mine in yesterday. Took about 1 week to ship and 10days transit to Texas. Straightened them out and left them in the hot garage. Looking great already.

Anyone do a write up or video on install tips?

I’ll be ordering a couple more sets for sure as soon as he gets more in……I’ve had my car for 10 years and it’s the second time I’ve had to replace these. 1st time I replaced the whole trim as it wasn’t crazy expensive back then.

Comment

Has anyone ordered and received the foam strip p/n 51-71-7-037-260? Just curious as all the online pics (which I’m sure are just generic pics) show a very short 3” strip. Just wanted to confirm you are getting the correct 15” long or so long piece.

Comment

Originally posted by Mackshackm3 View Post
                  Has anyone ordered and received the foam strip p/n 51-71-7-037-260? Just curious as all the online pics (which I’m sure are just generic pics) show a very short 3” strip. Just wanted to confirm you are getting the correct 15” long or so long piece.
                  Good timing, I just picked up the foam strips from the dealer today.

Unfortunately it is not 15" long pieces, but rather 2.75". And they were $3 each. Terrible value.

Comment

Originally posted by Will View Post

Unfortunately it is not 15" long pieces, but rather 2.75". And they were $3 each. Terrible value.
                    It is terrible, but will save your paint. I tried to look for something else, but, in the interest of time, caved.

Comment

It is terrible, but will save your paint. I tried to look for something else, but, in the interest of time, caved.
                      Yep, I caved too. I shouldn't have scraped off the old foam. I need about 6 more piece for each side.

Comment

Yep, I caved too. I shouldn't have scraped off the old foam. I need about 6 more piece for each side.
                        I scraped it off too, as a matter of thinking based on other posts it necessary to drill out the rivet to install the new seal. Otherwise, I would have left it alone. If anyone else has successfully installed the seal without rivet removal I'd appreciate pointers/tips/tricks.

Comment

I scraped it off too, as a matter of thinking based on other posts it necessary to drill out the rivet to install the new seal. Otherwise, I would have left it alone. If anyone else has successfully installed the seal without rivet removal I'd appreciate pointers/tips/tricks.
                          Some of soapy water or other liquid as lubricant (I used 303 trim cleaner/protectant), and I'd recommend a dry towel for getting a firm grasp of the trim to pull through.

Basically you're pushing the trim into the bracketed area to get it started, as much as you can, and then pulling the trim through that area once it's started. The dry towel helped with getting a grip on it as you pull through. As long as it's lubricated it pulls through fairly easily.
                          Last edited by Will; 08-23-2023, 07:12 AM.

Comment

Some of soapy water or other liquid as lubricant (I used 303 trim cleaner/protectant), and I'd recommend a dry towel for getting a firm grasp of the trim to pull through.

Basically you're pushing the trim into the bracketed area to get it started, as much as you can, and then pulling the trim through that area once it's started. The dry towel helped with getting a grip on it as you pull through. As long as it's lubricated it pulls through fairly easily.
                            Same here, did them today, used a lubricant and worked like a charm

Comment

So for anyone looking to change them, here are some pics and explanation.
                              There are a total of 16 screws, 4 of them are smaller, 12 are a little bit longer, starting from the back we have the 4 screws, then the rest of them, you must remove the back window gasket from inside(you can work without removing the back windows), and the dooor one aswell, and you will se the screws, unscrew them all and just pull gently the shadowline out, replace the rubber and put it back easy peasy, final result are the last 2 pictures.
                              A while ago i changed the black trim aswell( the long one underneath the small window).
                              Any question you have, feel free to ask and will help
                              Attached Files

Comment

What are the other dimensions? It looks like maybe 1/8" thick and 3/4" or 7/8" wide?

Comment

Working...
                                X