X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 9kracing View Post
    Bottom
    Thanks!

Matt just referred me to his site, the group buy is over so the price is 225 euros for a pair if anyone is still looking.

Comment

NAM3 Forum members! Matt has set up a special 10% discount on all BMW rubber seals.

Use Code: NAM3 at Checkout

Just follow these simple steps:

Visit https://matthewnavis.com/product-cat...les-parts/bmw/
      Pick your products.
      Use code NAM3 during checkout for a 10% discount.
      Share your feedback and happy driving!​

Comment

Thanks Matt!

Comment

Hope this helps anyone else using Matt's seals. Just wrapped up the install on mine this weekend. Feel free to follow the car's rebuild on my instagram as well. somm3r_garage

Last edited by somm3r; 01-22-2024, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mthird View Post
            NAM3 Forum members! Matt has set up a special 10% discount on all BMW rubber seals.

Use Code: NAM3 at Checkout

Just follow these simple steps:

Visit https://matthewnavis.com/product-cat...les-parts/bmw/
            Pick your products.
            Use code NAM3 during checkout for a 10% discount.
            Share your feedback and happy driving!​
            Thanks man, just picked up a set!

Comment

Originally posted by somm3r View Post
              Hope this helps anyone else using Matt's seals. Just wrapped up the install on mine this weekend. Feel free to follow the car's rebuild on my instagram as well. somm3r_garage

Great video. I too drilled the rivet, but didn't need to remove material on the bracket. When I do the other side, I may consider that. And, I may pull the quarter window next time. I was able to do it with the window in place, but it was tiring with small drivers and things to get at the two screws closest to the b pillar.

Comment

Originally posted by PSUEng View Post

Great video. I too drilled the rivet, but didn't need to remove material on the bracket. When I do the other side, I may consider that. And, I may pull the quarter window next time. I was able to do it with the window in place, but it was tiring with small drivers and things to get at the two screws closest to the b pillar.
                Thanks, man. Yea, with the rear window being so easy to remove it was a no brainer for me. Just allows so much more room to take your time on other areas and not fight clearances etc.

Comment

Originally posted by PSUEng View Post

With soapy water, you can slide the seal between the bracket and trim fairly easily, it take a bit of pressure to get it started but once in, you just "feed it" slowly in place. See my post #357

Comment

Originally posted by gheorghe View Post

With soapy water, you can slide the seal between the bracket and trim fairly easily, it take a bit of pressure to get it started but once in, you just "feed it" slowly in place. See my post #357
                    I did see that and may give that a go, I would MUCH rather not remove the rivet but when I did the driver side last year, didn't have that thought. But I agree, much better initial approach. That bracket is not something you can buy as far as I can tell, so I'd rather not modify it or risk damage.

Comment

When using the soapy water, use a dry towel to grip the trim piece when pulling it through. Made it much easier for me.

Comment

Props to you guys doing this with the window in and soapy water. I removed the window which is super easy and the rivot simply popped off after I tweaked the bracket slightly. 5 minute job to install new seal and rivot with $5 harbor freight special which includes rivots. Highly suggest replacing the lower weather seals at same time if they need it. They're avail for about $65 a side.

Right 51368194742
                        Left 51368194741

Here's the window removal steps if anyone needs them (stolen from another post)

1. Extend the window arm all the way out.

2. Pop the ball and socket joint on the rear end of the window so that the window can swing freely. You probably don't need this step.

3. Remove the rear seat bottom so you can do step 4.

4. Loosen the arm rest panel (don't remember the proper name) so you can do step 5.

5. Remove the B-pillar trim piece. It has two pop rivets at the bottom which you can get to after removing the arm rest panel. After that it just slides down and out.

6. Remove the two plastic caps on the B-pillar so you can access the bolts holding the window to the B pillar.

7. Remove the bolts... This is the only tricky/scary part. The bolts are recessed in a cavity where you could easily drop them. The bolts are angled down so gravity should keep them in the socket when you take them off, but a magnetic socket would be really comforting for this part. You also might want an assistant or some tape holding whatever part of the window is attached to the B-pillar so it doesn't fall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Last edited by Phoenix///M3; 01-27-2024, 05:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Maxima SE View Post
                          Group buy info

Price: $130 USD for one set. $260 USD for two sets. shipped to USA
                          Send paypal payment to: matthewnavis@gmail.com
                          Under the payment amount it will ask you what this is for and type:
                          Group buy E46 Rear quarter weather stripping and include your name, full address including USA and phone number.

I am just a middle man here. If you get scammed or aren't fully satisfied with the overall fit or finish then it is not my responsibility ! You are welcome to wait until we have at least 1 person who installs this to get more feedback on the item. From what the seller has said, its basically OEM and the pictures posted by another member look identical to OEM as well.

Click image for larger version Name:	OEM.png Views:	0 Size:	24.7 KB ID:	221341

Click image for larger version Name:	price.png Views:	0 Size:	17.3 KB ID:	221342
                          Click image for larger version Name:	info.png Views:	0 Size:	22.1 KB ID:	221343
                          Hello, just saw your message about a group buy for m3 back window upper trim with gasket. Is this still available?

Comment

Working...
                          X