6 Point RACP Brace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6 Point RACP Brace

Wondering if anyone is running a 6 point RACP brace in their E46? I already have reinforcement plates however I am looking to bullet proof the rear end as I plan to go turbo in the future. This seems like the most cost effective and simplest to install. Is this a solid long term solution?

Definitely, and increases rigidity for our weaker b-pillar-less coupes. I have the rear portion of that, and probably will only bother adding front cups, but that 6 point bracing is solid - even better tied into a full or half cage for off-road (no I don't mean dirt) use.
    DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
    /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
    More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

I"ll be running them soon. That particular pic has equipment that has been copied from the original www.yurkancages.com , me and a bunch of from my car group are looking to make an order in the off season.
      2006 Silber Grau Metalizat ZCP 6 MT M-texture (F2AT) - Turner CSL V2/Schrick 280 272/SSv1/SS Sec1/Sec2 dual res/SCZA TI (raw) - FatCat stage 3 ult 400f/784r - EC7r 18x9.5 ET35/CRS 275/35/18 - RacingBrake BBK/MileEnd CSL bumper/Vorsteiner Trunk/Cobra Nogaro Circuit Mtexture/GC RCA/YURKan Cages/Hotchkiss/Vibra-technics/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/htrlo/

Comment

Originally posted by CrisSilberGrau View Post
        I"ll be running them soon. That particular pic has equipment that has been copied from the original www.yurkancages.com , me and a bunch of from my car group are looking to make an order in the off season.
        Yea I found that picture on eBay and it seemed a little sketchy, glad to know who the original manufacturer is. What do they go for shipped to the US? Would def be interested in a group order!

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
          Definitely, and increases rigidity for our weaker b-pillar-less coupes. I have the rear portion of that, and probably will only bother adding front cups, but that 6 point bracing is solid - even better tied into a full or half cage for off-road (no I don't mean dirt) use.
          I was looking into doing something like that where it ties into a cage as well, If I were to go that route is the subframe floor still an integral part of the chassis? Or does it become insignificant because the subframe is tied into the cage and not the racp?

Comment

Originally posted by SricoSuave View Post

Yea I found that picture on eBay and it seemed a little sketchy, glad to know who the original manufacturer is. What do they go for shipped to the US? Would def be interested in a group order!
            Last I spoke with the owner it was 499EUR for the YC46W5 variant that would allow for the rear seats to fold down. That was last year and prices due to material supply may have swayed that. I'm torn between that and the more rigid YC46X.
            2006 Silber Grau Metalizat ZCP 6 MT M-texture (F2AT) - Turner CSL V2/Schrick 280 272/SSv1/SS Sec1/Sec2 dual res/SCZA TI (raw) - FatCat stage 3 ult 400f/784r - EC7r 18x9.5 ET35/CRS 275/35/18 - RacingBrake BBK/MileEnd CSL bumper/Vorsteiner Trunk/Cobra Nogaro Circuit Mtexture/GC RCA/YURKan Cages/Hotchkiss/Vibra-technics/

Comment

any news on this?
              I wonder any member here has installed this? Does this allow us to keep the rear passenger seat ?

Comment

Check out the website I posted, and see the available options.

Comment

Weird, been thinking about this subject the last few days. The 6 point brace is going to do quite a bit for rigidity in addition to reinforcing the failure points. I wonder how something like this would compare to a 4 point bar like the PureTech paired with Vince bar gusset cups. I feel like if you don't care about the car looking 100% original, there are 6-point braces that allows use of the rear seats, or the ones that doesn't fit with rear seats are probably a little more rigid since the bars can be placed in the most efficient areas.
                  http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
                  '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
                  '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

From the manufacturer " if you have Vince bar there's no need for this"

Im building something more akin to a GTS rather than CSL, rear seats will be deleted for this install. The cage is about 7.2kg with the rear seats gone and a nice seat delete panel for sound insulation i think the weight effect will be net negative.

With it i can also run a coil over rear setup. I'm excited to install it as soon as the glaciers melt here in Canada.

In the order i made, a track buddy installed the W5 variant that allows for rear seats fyi

Comment

With the 6 point RACP, is reinforcement plate still necessary?
                      From my understanding, the 4 long vertical thru bolts are taking care of the trunk top and bottom sheet deflection since all the loads are transferred to the cross “strut-bar” beam member, which means the reinforcement plate isn’t quite necessary, but please correct me if I am wrong.

Comment

Any of you guys have 4 point or 6 point. How do you like it so far? Do you feel any of the increased rigidity? I have bought 4 point from yurkan, I have not installed it yet. Thinking about ordering 6point one with rear seat functionality, not sure. Any thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by SricoSuave View Post
                          I was looking into doing something like that where it ties into a cage as well,

This is the one you want then. If I wasn't running a backseat I'd be running this.

The SME GTS Style Bolt-in Half Cage is the only bolt-in half cage available that mounts to all 4 Subframe mounting and also utilises the proven SME X Brace for rear mounting ensuring a strong connection to the chassis. The SME rollcage is the highest quality half cage on the market, offering unrivalled strength and fitment.The gussets in the main hoop and the extra brace for the forward rear subframe points can be optional and reduce the RRP. The cage is offered with two options for the main hoop mounting:1. No welding required, 3D printed from a 3D scan (Ultem 1010, the strongest 3D printing plastic on the market) 2. Steel fabricated box which required welding to the chassis. Please note, shipping price is only for mainland Europe. More colour options are availiable. Please feel free to email chris@s-m-eng.com regarding worldwide shipping or with any further questions about this product.

2004 Dinan S3-R M3
                          2012 Dinan S1 X5M

Comment

I have the full cmp underside & topside reinforcement kit, solid subframe raising bushings & 6 point brace. Most definitely makes the rear end noticeably tighter and stiffer. I have retained my rear seats with the brace. It does not interfere with them at all.

Comment

Part of my custom half cage...
                              Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20230901_020451_Photos.jpg Views:	0 Size:	37.0 KB ID:	231664
                              Last edited by M9Seth; 08-31-2023, 10:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X