Removing warning label from Sun Visor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removing warning label from Sun Visor

What methods have you used to remove the warning label from the Sun Visor?

I let mine sit for 20 years and it just pulled right off

No but seriously, mine was barely hanging on, I didn't need to do anything special.
    2004 Dinan S3-R M3
    2012 Dinan S1 X5M

Comment

I have read GooGone works good. I just wouldn't let it sit on there too long.

Comment

I soaked a shop towel in isopropyl alcohol and let it sit on top of the label for five minutes or so. Make sure you press it up against the label well. Pretty easy to pull off after that
        2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post
          I soaked a shop towel in isopropyl alcohol and let it sit on top of the label for five minutes or so. Make sure you press it up against the label well. Pretty easy to pull off after that
          I used isopropyl alcohol too and it worked well

Comment

I have done three E46s. I dabbed it with Goo Gone until it started to ripple, become soft and pliable (yet intact). Then gently peeled it off.
            Last edited by old///MFanatic; 10-10-2022, 11:54 AM.
            6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

I had an extra set of visors, tried the isopropyl alcohol, seemed to melt the label. Maybe enough scrubbing will remove everything eventually.

Comment

I'd be careful these days with this mod. The fabric is old and in most cars even well kept garaged ones, the fabric is barely hanging on and scrubbing is just going to lift the glue and you'll trade a logo for fabric sag.
                2003 E46 M3 TiAg/Cinnamon 6MT
                2005 E46 330i ZHP Imola/Sand

| Karbonius | Schrick | Supertech | Volk | Recaro | FCM | SuperSprint | Turner | Hyperco | GC | PFC | VAC | OMP | Radium Engineering | MPRacing |

Instagram:@thegenius46m

NorCal DME Programming and Coding Expert

Comment

Working...
                X