Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update on OE CSL Wheels GB from M3F???

Not sure if this the right place to post,

But has been any update on the OE CSL Wheel GB that was started on M3Forum?

Any idea on delivery dates?

Originally posted by slowdriver View Post
    Not sure if this the right place to post,

But has been any update on the OE CSL Wheel GB that was started on M3Forum?

Any idea on delivery dates?
    Heres the last update from the last email he sent out March 25th, 2020

2. CSL Wheel Group Buy - Update:

Before COVID19, 8 sets have been shipped out and all of those were received by their new owners. One out of the 8 sets arrived with a few scuffs — and a replacement wheel got delivered Monday. I talked to Turner yesterday about updates on all the existing open orders/group buys and was told regarding the CSL Wheels: "So no mention of delay with the wheels, they padded the original delivery date I gave you by 2 or 3 weeks and are saying late May early June. I am hoping sooner but that's the last update I have, that was from 3/13. The time difference is what sucks, we email and it's taking 24 hours or more to get a response due to the current situation.(03/25/20 Just got off the phone with Turner and was told: “Our supplier confirmed that they secured the shipment — Will have an update in the next few days from them about a shipping ETA to us.” So as soon as I get this update (I’ll be following up with them on Friday), I’ll send another email out.

OEM NUT
    IG:@stockxgarage

Comment

Thank you,

Im guessing at this rate, should just plan for the wheels to be delivered until June

Comment

I actually find quite upsetting that Leighton did not care to create an account and update us all here. I know we all have our problems and can be very busy with life, but he runs these GBs, that's a responsibility and not small money are involved to mention. I find this lack of communication quite disappointing just from general human point of view. It doesn't take much to create a thread on the forum. Maybe it is just me and my moral code...

Comment

Originally posted by rbg View Post
          I actually find quite upsetting that Leighton did not care to create an account and update us all here. I know we all have our problems and can be very busy with life, but he runs these GBs, that's a responsibility and not small money are involved to mention. I find this lack of communication quite disappointing just from general human point of view. It doesn't take much to create a thread on the forum. Maybe it is just me and my moral code...
          His Instagram hasn't been updated since November, and I sent him an email about something else a couple weeks ago but he still hasn't gotten back to me. He could just be busy with other things given the events of the past few months...
          '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

I understand that. IMO 5-15mins is all it takes to write here. Took me yers to realize how important are communications, solves so many problems in life. As I was saying maybe there is an explanation, maybe there is not, but IMO if you commit to such a responsibility you make those 15 mins a week to write a post. Even if it says "no update yet just seat tight and wait". I bet most off us will be better with that than radio silence. Again, I am mostly advocating for masses as I do not care much if I get my stuff in May or June or July.

Comment

It was a little helter skelter with him on the one and only piece I ever purchased. My sense was he is a one man shop running a small business on the side. Somewhat tedious work, manual, and it doesn't scale up. Never did I get the sense that he was going to fail to deliver. It was about a 1 month between reaching out to him and receiving the part which was end of January. Strangely, I received an email from him just two weeks ago saying your tracking number is blah-blah-blah, which referred to the January delivery. Oh well.
              '05 M3 Convertible 6MT, CB/Cinnamon, CSL Airbox&Flap, PCSTuning, Beisan, Schrick 288/280, SS V1's & 2.5" System, RE Stg 1&SMF, KW V2, CB PS, Apex EC-7R

Comment

Originally posted by rbg View Post
                Agree with you 100%

Comment

Going to have to disagree with you guys here. This is my third GB with Leighton and he has sent out two updates since m3f unexpectedly went down. Maybe I just already have expectations that these things take time especially given a worldwide pandemic, but he was the one that let me know this forum even existed in his first update. Hang in there and we'll get our wheels soon enough.

Comment

Originally posted by bmwMpower1 View Post
                    Going to have to disagree with you guys here. This is my third GB with Leighton and he has sent out two updates since m3f unexpectedly went down. Maybe I just already have expectations that these things take time especially given a worldwide pandemic, but he was the one that let me know this forum even existed in his first update. Hang in there and we'll get our wheels soon enough.
                    I guess it depends how you look at it -- if you look at it simply as Leighton's doing us all a favor and these things are out of his hands so sit tight, then, yeah, sure. But while we enjoy a friendly relationship with him through the forum (or at least did on the old forum), the truth is (from what I understand) these group buys are his business from which he profits and we are his clients who have paid him a considerable amount of money. All that considered, I do feel like we should be able to get in touch with him easily and hear from him more often. On the other hand, things are crazy right now so it's also important to have compassion for people's situations that we may not know/understand. But yeah, generally speaking, I do think that if Leighton is running group buys for profit then it's okay to hold him to a higher standard of communication.

Comment

I received only one pretty general email with zero information (was it a first one?) and had to contact Turner on my own to clarify things for me...

I am completely aware of crazy times, but it does not take much to post here. Anyway I have no doubt that we will get our stuff. Oh as this is a new forum I would like to clarify my situation here. I got the same deal from Turner (for airbox) as Leighton is getting us and placed an order with them on my own, and then seeing that we needed more people in GB I canceled my direct order with Turner and committed to the GB to get the numbers of participants. So I can be a bit bitter, what I think I am not :-).

Comment

Originally posted by ATB88 View Post

I guess it depends how you look at it -- if you look at it simply as Leighton's doing us all a favor and these things are out of his hands so sit tight, then, yeah, sure. But while we enjoy a friendly relationship with him through the forum (or at least did on the old forum), the truth is (from what I understand) these group buys are his business from which he profits and we are his clients who have paid him a considerable amount of money. All that considered, I do feel like we should be able to get in touch with him easily and hear from him more often. On the other hand, things are crazy right now so it's also important to have compassion for people's situations that we may not know/understand. But yeah, generally speaking, I do think that if Leighton is running group buys for profit then it's okay to hold him to a higher standard of communication.
                        Well said. As a repeat & current customer waiting for CSL wheels, communication would be greatly appreciated. Everyone is on their phone at some point during no matter how busy you are. It would take less than 5 min to post a quick update. No harm done and happy customers retained

OEM NUT
                        IG:@stockxgarage

Comment

Originally posted by ATB88 View Post

Fair point there. I still view him as someone doing the community a favor by organizing big discounts on parts he is interested in for his own vehicle. This has obviously grown into something where he has his own website to help promote and organize these. Overall I expect group buys to take several months and have every bit of confidence in the people involved that the order will be fulfilled (or refunded if a major disruption happened). I've also had ZCPs on my car since new in 2006 so some of you are probably even more eager to get these wheels and I can't blame you, they are going to look amazing.

Comment

Fair point there. I still view him as someone doing the community a favor by organizing big discounts on parts he is interested in for his own vehicle. This has obviously grown into something where he has his own website to help promote and organize these. Overall I expect group buys to take several months and have every bit of confidence in the people involved that the order will be fulfilled (or refunded if a major disruption happened). I've also had ZCPs on my car since new in 2006 so some of you are probably even more eager to get these wheels and I can't blame you, they are going to look amazing.
                            Can you share the website?
                            '05 M3 Convertible 6MT, CB/Cinnamon, CSL Airbox&Flap, PCSTuning, Beisan, Schrick 288/280, SS V1's & 2.5" System, RE Stg 1&SMF, KW V2, CB PS, Apex EC-7R

Comment

What was the group by deal anyways or what was the discount how significant was it?

Comment

Working...
                              X