Update on OE CSL Wheels GB from M3F???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smgto6mt View Post

It's pretty concerning at this point, has anyone had contact with him to confirm he's alright and nothing serious has happened to him?
    He told me his significant other and him possibly had Covid 19 when I spoke with him last month via messenger, so I was worrieda back then... but he responded later on and he shows online from time to time...so I don't know...
    Last edited by Bigo1087; 08-22-2020, 09:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigo1087 View Post

He told me his significant other and him possibly had Covid 19 when I spoke with him last month via messenger, so I was worrieda back then... but he responded later on and he shows online from time to time...so I don't know...
      I want to be charitable, but Covid-19 feels like an excuse. You’d think after all this time he’d have managed to get some communication out. I agree with the poster who said this is about accountability. I appreciate Sean from TMS being the liaison here, but Leighton’s behavior is inexcusable. The fact that Sean seems to have spoken to Leighton on a few occasions well into Leighton’s radio silence tells me something is up.

Comment

Im sure Leightons aware that Seans been giving us updates....i just got an email from Sean at Turner with the latest. at the end of the day we just need to wait. Seans been doing his best to try to get updates and came back with this information. He may be joining the forum shortly...

"I don’t have any updates unfortunately. I can tell you hope to have some
        info towards the end of the week or early next. I have a second vendor
        inquiring with BMW, so I might be able to get a better update from them.

Once concerning thing I heard today though is most manufacturers in Germany
        have not been able to open, supposedly BMW, VW and Audi are all closed
        still. This could be a big reason we aren’t getting any sort of info. A
        customer told me that that has "ties" to a few companies in Germany. I am
        waiting to see how true that is as well.

I am working on it though, each day I try to find out what I can!"

Comment

Found out today BBS Motorsport In Germany was closed for 2/3 months at the beginning of the pandemic and also in Germany they close down every August for employee vacations. Must be nice to live in Germany. This is why we have been delayed.

Comment

I mean it’s not Leightons full time job to organize and respond to emails consistently but he’s doing us a big favor for organizing these GB’s. But an update would be nice I’m not going to lie, but yes he could be busy with life as everyone knows. I had no problem dealing with him with the old GBs on M3f

Comment

Originally posted by SeanE46 View Post
              I mean it’s not Leightons full time job to organize and respond to emails consistently but he’s doing us a big favor for organizing these GB’s. But an update would be nice I’m not going to lie, but yes he could be busy with life as everyone knows. I had no problem dealing with him with the old GBs on M3f
              But according to LinkedIn it is his full time job.

Comment

Originally posted by SeanE46 View Post
                My understanding is he makes a fair amount on the middleman markup?
                '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

Leighton’s actions are completely inexcusable in my opinion. It takes 2 minutes to update an email list with a simple “sorry guys, no new news at the moment! Hang in there, we all want the same thing”. He took on the responsibility when he organized the group. I find it ridiculous that I had to track down Sean at Turner to achieve any updates. Not for the efforts of doing so but that I have to waste someone else’s time. I have reached out to Leighton via his two emails, IG, and PayPal without a single response. This whole transition feels completely slimy. / rant.

Comment

Update: I text his phone and left him a voicemail via the number on his resume. It’s an iPhone but he didn’t respond.

Comment

I learned a few things here:

1. Can't trust people who literally believe in SMG. I remember him and I getting into tiffs over that, dude takes things way too seriously.
                      2. He set up Streamline. Need I say more.
                      3. Every set of ZCPs and CSL's are about to go up in value due to demand.

This is sad to see, but there are a lot of outliers playing parts in ya'll not getting ya'lls parts. I agree as a person in sales, communication is key and he's dropped the ball off the planet here. I'm sure there is a large sum of money in an account somewhere so I hope everyone get's their money back. If you paid friends and family, I am sorry.

TL;DR: Scummy, no communication is a lack of trust 100%, ask for a refund or file a chargeback
                      2004 BMW ///M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon 6MT
                      2005 BMW ///M3
                      Interlagos Blue/Black 6MT Dinan S3-R

2008 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Bamboo/6MT Track Build
                      2000 BMW ///M5 Royal Red/Extended Caramel 6MT
                      2004 BMW X5 Toledo Blue/Sand Beige 6MT
                      2023 Toyota Supra //A91-MT CULG/Hazelnut 6MT

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Sharocks View Post

1. Can't trust people who literally believe in SMG. I remember him and I getting into tiffs over that, dude takes things way too seriously.
                        k
                        But I like my SMG. Am I a bad person? LoL 🤷‍♂️
                        3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Originally posted by oceansize View Post

But I like my SMG. Am I a bad person? LoL 🤷‍♂️
                          No, that was a joke lol
                          2004 BMW ///M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon 6MT
                          2005 BMW ///M3
                          Interlagos Blue/Black 6MT Dinan S3-R

2008 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Bamboo/6MT Track Build
                          2000 BMW ///M5 Royal Red/Extended Caramel 6MT
                          2004 BMW X5 Toledo Blue/Sand Beige 6MT
                          2023 Toyota Supra //A91-MT CULG/Hazelnut 6MT

Instagram

Comment

I know. I actually bought one of his SMG relocation kits and it was really good although the other guy did all the work. Too bad this whole thing went down the way it did.
                            3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Originally posted by Sharocks View Post

2. He set up Streamline. Need I say more.
                              3. Every set of ZCPs and CSL's are about to go up in value due to demand.

This is sad to see, but there are a lot of outliers playing parts in ya'll not getting ya'lls parts. I agree as a person in sales, communication is key and he's dropped the ball off the planet here. I'm sure there is a large sum of money in an account somewhere so I hope everyone get's their money back. If you paid friends and family, I am sorry.

TL;DR: Scummy, no communication is a lack of trust 100%, ask for a refund or file a chargeback
                              Turner has clearly stated that they have collected all the money from Leighton. They have the list of buyers and shipping address of each person who has paid. Leighton doesn’t have the money. Your point about these wheels going up in value because of demand is the exact reason why I would rather wait for them. Waiting in the wheel business isn’t as outrageous as it sounds. I’ve waited 10 months in the past for Work wheels from Japan. It’s been 6 calendar months and 3-4 of those months the factory has been closed in Germany so I think we all need to look at the big picture.These are worth the wait.

Comment

Originally posted by M3Ollie View Post

Turner has clearly stated that they have collected all the money from Leighton. They have the list of buyers and shipping address of each person who has paid. Leighton doesn’t have the money. Your point about these wheels going up in value because of demand is the exact reason why I would rather wait for them. Waiting in the wheel business isn’t as outrageous as it sounds. I’ve waited 10 months in the past for Work wheels from Japan. It’s been 6 calendar months and 3-4 of those months the factory has been closed in Germany so I think we all need to look at the big picture.These are worth the wait.
                                This would be my outlook and probably is for most. Leighton being more involved isn’t getting anyone their wheels quicker. I do understand the frustration.

Comment

Working...
                                X