No announcement yet.

Update on OE CSL Wheels GB from M3F???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got my refund from Paypal over the weekend. I don't mind waiting but to me the potential risk of losing the money wasn't worth it.

I know Turner has the money and I did confirm that with Sean.

I think for me all it would have taken was an update or at least a response to the many emails I sent him. If they do end up still producing the wheel I will just buy them full price once they come in.
    2002 M3 LSB/Kiwi Vert
    2014 X5 50i
    2019 Ford Raptor

Comment

As of this moment, I feel confident we will still be receiving our order. I asked Sean about the 8.5” fronts that are rumored to no longer being produced and this was his response:

I have had that question asked a lot recently. I am not sure where that is coming from but it hasn’t been said to us at all.

I have a few people currently working on this with me to try and get some solid info this week. Once I get some better updates/info I will be sure to forward it along.

Sean Kothman”

Comment

Skaper,

Im with you can’t rely on a source that bought the remaining wheels since they obviously need to get rid of the investment they just made.

Seans the only reason why I haven’t asked for a refund. The discount is too good. 1760 to your door.

Comment

Originally posted by M3Ollie View Post
          Skaper,

Im with you can’t rely on a source that bought the remaining wheels since they obviously need to get rid of the investment they just made.

Seans the only reason why I haven’t asked for a refund. The discount is too good. 1760 to your door.
          Too good of a deal and one of my all-time favorite wheels.

I also have sent Sean this forum link and he plans to hop on here as well. Definitely thankful for him stepping up.

Comment

Originally posted by Skaper View Post
            As of this moment, I feel confident we will still be receiving our order. I asked Sean about the 8.5” fronts that are rumored to no longer being produced and this was his response:
            The rumour about the front 8.5” being NLA started from a reseller in Germany and then confirmed by other dealerships that does not know how to access the internal order system at BMW AG (not all dealerships can access this). This was then relayed on Instagram by a few people and it soon became “fact”.

I have personally seen the order and scheduled delivery dates for the front 8.5” CSL rim - they are NOT NLA period. But very delayed. The supply date just keeps getting pushed back but it will be restocked eventually.

There was also a whole large batch that was rejected due to paint issues earlier this year hence the eventually running out of stock scenario - that and some greedy retailer decided to buy up what was left of the stock.

Comment

Originally posted by NZ_M3 View Post

The rumour about the front 8.5” being NLA started from a reseller in Germany and then confirmed by other dealerships that does not know how to access the internal order system at BMW AG (not all dealerships can access this). This was then relayed on Instagram by a few people and it soon became “fact”.

I have personally seen the order and scheduled delivery dates for the front 8.5” CSL rim - they are NOT NLA period. But very delayed. The supply date just keeps getting pushed back but it will be restocked eventually.

There was also a whole large batch that was rejected due to paint issues earlier this year hence the eventually running out of stock scenario - that and some greedy retailer decided to buy up what was left of the stock.
              Yeah and that greedy retailer doesn’t even ship to the US only in Europe the clowns.... ask me how I know lol

Comment

Yeah and that greedy retailer doesn’t even ship to the US only in Europe the clowns.... ask me how I know lol
                Don’t be so sad about it as I have heard people buying those out in Europe that have claimed they might be the rejected batch from BMW with paint issues as many of the wheels have had mounting marks or paint defects.

Comment

Great info as always NZ!
                  DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                  /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                  More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by NZ_M3 View Post

Don’t be so sad about it as I have heard people buying those out in Europe that have claimed they might be the rejected batch from BMW with paint issues as many of the wheels have had mounting marks or paint defects.
                    Wow, that’s incredibly shady.
                    '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

Daaaamn. That would be absolutely frustrating.

Comment

I got my new ZCPs installed finally instead $150 or something more than CSLs (shipped from tichser) ...wake me up when CSL fronts start shipping in 2021. I'll buy a set of fronts then.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bigo1087 View Post
                          I got my new ZCPs installed finally instead $150 or something more than CSLs (shipped from tichser) ...wake me up when CSL fronts start shipping in 2021. I'll buy a set of fronts then.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
                          That's some good pricing, shipped. Tempting.
                          '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

Sean @ Turner emailed me Friday mentioned the rear wheels should be shipping from Germany in 2 weeks. Hope the fronts will follow seems they are back at work at teh Germany Factory.

Comment

Sean @ Turner emailed me Friday mentioned the rear wheels should be shipping from Germany in 2 weeks. Hope the fronts will follow seems they are back at work at teh Germany Factory.
                              Appreciate the update.

Comment

Thanks for the update. Crazy how Leighton has just completely checked out from this GB. Thankful for Sean @ Turner stepping in and keeping us updated.

Comment

Working...
                                X