Update on OE CSL Wheels GB from M3F???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nextelbuddy View Post
    What was the group by deal anyways or what was the discount how significant was it?
    Think it was $900 shipped for the fronts. Pretty nice deal considering they’re a hundred more from Schmiedmann and shipping is a few hundred on top of that. The CSL trunk group buy on the other hand I was skeptical of .. got quoted consistently $100 on top of the Schmiedmann shipped price, and I believe they came from Schmiedmann, so seemed like more of a middle man than a group buy.

Comment

Originally posted by repoman89 View Post

Think it was $900 shipped for the fronts. Pretty nice deal considering they’re a hundred more from Schmiedmann and shipping is a few hundred on top of that.
      Wow, that's cheaper than regular ZCP front wheels. If anyone wants to back out of their spot... let me know...
      '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

Originally posted by jbfrancis3 View Post

Can you share the website?
        Site appears to be offline atm https://www.renn-haus.com/

Originally posted by nextelbuddy View Post
        What was the group by deal anyways or what was the discount how significant was it?
        I think it was like $1760 for the full set. Pretty significant savings.

Comment

Site offline, doesn't post on insta, and no forum membership? Hmmmm.... I like Leighton and bought one of his smg relocation kits but not a good look. Hopefully he is doing ok.
          3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Ruh roh
            '05 M3 Convertible 6MT, CB/Cinnamon, CSL Airbox&Flap, PCSTuning, Beisan, Schrick 288/280, SS V1's & 2.5" System, RE Stg 1&SMF, KW V2, CB PS, Apex EC-7R

Comment

Well I have been avoiding sending him emails (as a business owner I have some sympathy especially right now) to not bug him... But I have been curious since our April 13 email update... Anyone have word on the airboxes? That’s the one I am in on...

Hopefully he doesn’t have the rona... I haven’t dealt with him on a GB before but it seemed like he ran a lot and everyone was happy. So I am hanging onto good hope for now

Comment

I always feel like Leighton's pricing is comparable to the current lowest price at the time (ie: Schmiedmann, Turner).. except that they are accountable businesses and actually communicate in a timely manner.

Not to knock the guy's passion and devotion to the community, but for comparable pricing, I know where my money is going..
                TiAG 6mt Coupe | KARBONIUS | SUPERSPRINT | FIKSE WHEELS | OEM CSL | MILE END COMPOSITES | AST 5200 | HOTCHKIS | BREMBO | RECARO | BEISAN | CATCAMS | CP-CARILLO | TMS | RTD | ROGUE ENGINEERING | AKG MOTORSPORT | HTE PERFORMANCE

Comment

CSL fronts are $650+ *each* on Turner's site. Schmiedmann has it for $453 a pop but then you have shipping.
                  '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

Originally posted by HDdave View Post
                    Well I have been avoiding sending him emails (as a business owner I have some sympathy especially right now) to not bug him... But I have been curious since our April 13 email update... Anyone have word on the airboxes? That’s the one I am in on...

Hopefully he doesn’t have the rona... I haven’t dealt with him on a GB before but it seemed like he ran a lot and everyone was happy. So I am hanging onto good hope for now
                    My biggest concern is gonna be warranty. What if something goes wrong, there is no record of us getting it from Turner, whom do we reach out? I doubt Leighton will be communicating promptly...

Comment

Originally posted by rbg View Post

My biggest concern is gonna be warranty. What if something goes wrong, there is no record of us getting it from Turner, whom do we reach out? I doubt Leighton will be communicating promptly...
                      Yeah so this isn't clear, but my impression/hope is that this is basically Leighton placing orders on our behalves but our information is still in Turner's system -- they're shipping directly to us, after all. So, we should be able to work directly with Turner on any issues. Hopefully.

Comment

Originally posted by r4dr View Post
                        CSL fronts are $650+ *each* on Turner's site. Schmiedmann has it for $453 a pop but then you have shipping.
                        Depending on the price delta, its worth noting you'll likely get the Schmiedman in a few days which is impressive any way you look at it.

Originally posted by ATB88 View Post

Yeah so this isn't clear, but my impression/hope is that this is basically Leighton placing orders on our behalves but our information is still in Turner's system -- they're shipping directly to us, after all. So, we should be able to work directly with Turner on any issues. Hopefully.
                        I called Turned directly to get shipping info from an order placed the way we've been discussing. It took some noodling on their end but they found it via delivery address. You don't get an order # so suffice it to say, there are a few gaps
                        '05 M3 Convertible 6MT, CB/Cinnamon, CSL Airbox&Flap, PCSTuning, Beisan, Schrick 288/280, SS V1's & 2.5" System, RE Stg 1&SMF, KW V2, CB PS, Apex EC-7R

Comment

Originally posted by ATB88 View Post

I sure hope that is the case.
                          2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
                          Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
                          Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
                          RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
                          Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by oceansize View Post
                            Site offline, doesn't post on insta, and no forum membership? Hmmmm.... I like Leighton and bought one of his smg relocation kits but not a good look. Hopefully he is doing ok.
                            I paid PayPal Gift, i hope i dont regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by slowdriver View Post

Same

Comment

Originally posted by slowdriver View Post

Always pay the fees. It can bite you in the ass in the end. Not knocking on Leighton, but everyone is as legit as their last transaction. Anything can change. I payed the extra for peace of mind as I can always file a claim if things go south.

OEM NUT
                                IG:@stockxgarage

Comment

Working...
                                X