Update on OE CSL Wheels GB from M3F???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oceansize View Post
    Why bother with Leighton since there is a contact who works at TMS?

Accountability.

Leighton organized this groupbuy, he gathered everyone's money, it is his responsibility to keep the group informed.

I'm not rich and $1,800 is a significant amount to me. I don't think its unreasonable to ask for periodic updates from the person who put on this entire deal.

Comment

Originally posted by slowdriver View Post
      leightonjaco@gmail.com

GroupBuyingPower@outlook.com

does anyone have other contact information.
      phone number, Social Media?

ive been emailing daily with no response.

is this him

​​​​​​​
      Yes, that's him. His phone number is on his resume posted to LinkedIn.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by slowdriver View Post

Accountability.

Leighton organized this groupbuy, he gathered everyone's money, it is his responsibility to keep the group informed.

I'm not rich and $1,800 is a significant amount to me. I don't think its unreasonable to ask for periodic updates from the person who put on this entire deal.
        Understood, but Leighton is only going to get this information from TMS so if it was me I would rather hear directly from TMS. Leighton, unfortunately, hasn't shown any interest in communicating based off what I can tell.
        3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Understood, but Leighton is only going to get this information from TMS so if it was me I would rather hear directly from TMS. Leighton, unfortunately, hasn't shown any interest in communicating based off what I can tell.
          Leighton runs a business and acted as a rep for Turner. He makes a profit and I expect him to lay out the options (e.g. refund, swap for different set, etc). Turner also needs to step up here as they went into business with Leighton, and have the responsibility of vetting.

Turner has told me that since they collected the money and took the order from Leighton, he is the only one who can provide any refund options. They've also provided no information because they say they can't get any from BMW or BBS, which is pitiful.

Comment

Originally posted by RTGM3 View Post
            Leighton runs a business and acted as a rep for Turner. He makes a profit and I expect him to lay out the options (e.g. refund, swap for different set, etc). Turner also needs to step up here as they went into business with Leighton, and have the responsibility of vetting.

Turner has told me that since they collected the money and took the order from Leighton, he is the only one who can provide any refund options. They've also provided no information because they say they can't get any from BMW or BBS, which is pitiful.

I see. However, you need neither TMS or Leighton for a refund if that is what your after assuming you didn't pay cash. Although perhaps there is some sort of time limit you have elapsed?

Edit: This is a case where you guys are 100% correct but the other party (Leighton) doesn't care so I would still go to TMS for updates.
            Last edited by oceansize; 08-21-2020, 07:27 AM.
            3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

I see. However, you need neither TMS or Leighton for a refund if that is what your after assuming you didn't pay cash.
              I'd like the wheels more than a refund, but everyone should be provided with their options from Leighton.

Comment

Everyone should just submit PayPal claim refunds, or CC charge backs
                When all of a sudden they start seeing refunds.. I promise you someone will all of a sudden do something. I already did my refund. Buy them when they come instock.

The communication is horrid for this GB.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

I submitted a claim with Paypal a few weeks ago and escalated. I would much rather have the wheels but with no communication and the 180 day Paypal claim deadline I didn't want to be stuck $1800 down.
                  2002 M3 LSB/Kiwi Vert
                  2014 X5 50i
                  2019 Ford Raptor

Comment

Originally posted by dilmorecg View Post
                    I submitted a claim with Paypal a few weeks ago and escalated. I would much rather have the wheels but with no communication and the 180 day Paypal claim deadline I didn't want to be stuck $1800 down.
                    My thought is... If the wheels are ordered... They're coming.. and when they come instock ..buy them then.

I'd prob just call PayPal, as Leighton didn't even reply to the initial case or the actual escalation in my case.

I do really hope the guy is ok... This sound strange. But someone said above sean at turner just talked to him.. so mabey he's just being really crappy at this ... I dunno

Comment

Originally posted by Bigo1087 View Post
                      My thought is... If the wheels are ordered... They're coming.. and when they come instock ..buy them then.

I'd prob just call PayPal, as Leighton didn't even reply to the initial case or the actual escalation in my case.

I do really hope the guy is ok... This sound strange. But someone said above sean at turner just talked to him.. so mabey he's just being really crappy at this ... I dunno

I plan on doing the same thing. Buying them once they actually get here.

I emailed with Sean at Turner before I put my Paypal claim through and he said hes gotten a lot of calls and emails about it. He also said there was no update on the order or communication from BMW about when they are going to be manufactured.

I hate having to do the claim through Paypal but with no communication from Leighton I didn't think I had any other choice.
                      2002 M3 LSB/Kiwi Vert
                      2014 X5 50i
                      2019 Ford Raptor

Comment

Originally posted by Bigo1087 View Post

Sean told me he spoke to leighton the day before this is going back a few weeks now. I’m looking for a refund but I paid f&f so PayPal won’t do anything. I was asked by Sean to send an email asking for a refund and CC him and still no response. Now Sean is trying to get a hold of him trying to figure this all out. Feel for Sean.

im just super frustrated at this point and want to move on.

Comment

Even a small update to know he's working on options would be appreciated. The further this goes the more chance people refund and the whole deal is blown. If it's true the front 8.5s will no longer be available (from BMW) then I would be okay to substitute with standard 8s.

Comment

so crazy... this dude went from extremely involved in the community to a complete ghost... sketchy sh*t IMO
                            Instagram: @_Frank_Stone_

Comment

Originally posted by Onefastsicilian View Post
                              so crazy... this dude went from extremely involved in the community to a complete ghost... sketchy sh*t IMO
                              It's pretty concerning at this point, has anyone had contact with him to confirm he's alright and nothing serious has happened to him?

Comment

Originally posted by Smgto6mt View Post

It's pretty concerning at this point, has anyone had contact with him to confirm he's alright and nothing serious has happened to him?
                                Someone mentioned that Sean from Turner spoke to him a few weeks ago. He's also recently posted a resume to LinkedIn mentioning his stellar sales performance related to BMW wholesale parts.

Comment

Working...
                                X