FCP Euro Lifetime Replacement Guarantee Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nate047 View Post
    And if the whole program goes away entirely, so be it. This was an uncommonly good deal while it lasted.
    Thats probably my main takeaway as well. But I haven't spent a fortune with FCP so others understandably feel differently if they end up getting a shorter end of the stick.

E46 M3 | C7 RS7

Comment

Lots of conjecture here, has anyone ACTUALLY talked with FCP and found out that their lifetime purchase will NOT be grandfathered in or are we just gathering pitchforks preemptively?
      '00 R11S, '09 HP2S, '12 R12GSA, '00 Gray 332iT (SOLD), '00 Black 323iT, '02 Alpine 325iT (Track Wagon), '02 Japan Rot 325iT
      Instagram @HillPerformanceBimmers
      Email to George@HillPerformance.com

Comment

Originally posted by George Hill View Post
        Lots of conjecture here, has anyone ACTUALLY talked with FCP and found out that their lifetime purchase will NOT be grandfathered in or are we just gathering pitchforks preemptively?
        C’mon man…you know the answer. I’ve got
        my pitchfork right next to my bed. The flame thrower gets
        locked up…apparently it’s not safe to keep it in my room…🤣

Comment

Originally posted by George Hill View Post
          I'm planning to give them a call this week to clear up some things.
          2003 E46 M3 TiAg/Cinnamon 6MT
          2005 E46 330i ZHP Imola/Sand

| Karbonius | Schrick | Supertech | Volk | Recaro | FCM | SuperSprint | Turner | Hyperco | GC | PFC | VAC | OMP | Radium Engineering | MPRacing |

Instagram:@thegenius46m

NorCal DME Programming and Coding Expert

Comment

The now 27 year old Hoover story is obviously different and certainly more egregious but came to mind after reading this thread. https://thehustle.co/the-worst-sales...on-in-history/

Will be curious to see how this one plays out. I used to live 10 min away from FCP in Milford. Those were the glory days...just pickup parts and drop off returns on the way to the grocery store. I, like many others, knew this wouldn't last forever once word started spreading.

For those getting all excited about legal action...I would bet that's a cost they factored into whatever model that led to this decision. Just as lost customers/sales were likely modeled. They did a sh*t job with the original T&Cs. That's a common and expensive mistake for many small companies as they grow. We don't live in a world where companies abide by precedent or law, just one in which they make decisions that are profitable even after they settle anticipated lawsuits. Such is corporate America, right or wrong.
            Last edited by bimmer; 10-31-2022, 10:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bimmer View Post
              The now 27 year old Hoover story is obviously different and certainly more egregious but came to mind after reading this thread. https://thehustle.co/the-worst-sales...on-in-history/

Will be curious to see how this one plays out. I used to live 10 min away from FCP in Milford. Those were the glory days...just pickup parts and drop off returns on the way to the grocery store. I, like many others, knew this wouldn't last forever once word started spreading.

For those getting all excited about legal action...I would bet that's a cost they factored into whatever model that led to this decision. Just as lost customers/sales were likely modeled. They did a sh*t job with the original T&Cs. That's a common and expensive mistake for many small companies as they grow. We don't live in a world where companies abide by precedent or law, just one in which they make decisions that are profitable even after they settle anticipated lawsuits. Such is corporate America, right or wrong.
              Not to mention, members of a class action usually get pennies while the lawyers make the millions
              '04 LSB Coupe 6MT
              All my money goes towards maintenance.

Comment

Nobody is trying to sue them for money or take them down, especially over an oil change kit or a set of rotors. It’s a matter of doing the right thing for the community as a whole. You don’t even need a lawyer because it’s a simple case really. You can make your argument in two sentences. It’s a basic case in my eyes but im no lawyer.
                2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
                2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
                2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

If you believe FCP is going to do something for you because it's "the right thing," then I have some oceanfront property in Montana to sell you
                  http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
                  '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
                  '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Originally posted by Nate047 View Post
                    If you believe FCP is going to do something for you because it's "the right thing," then I have some oceanfront property in Montana to sell you
                    At this point we are just beating a deadhorse. FCP doesn't have to do a single thing for me. If I chose to be stubborn, I can just call my credit card and dispute any transaction since 2014 because FCP breached the contract and failed to deliver according to the terms of the agreement at the time of purchase. How's that?
                    2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
                    2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
                    2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Maxima SE View Post

At this point we are just beating a deadhorse. FCP doesn't have to do a single thing for me. If I chose to be stubborn, I can just call my credit card and dispute any transaction since 2014 because FCP breached the contract and failed to deliver according to the terms of the agreement at the time of purchase. How's that?
                      Before that have you studied the fine print of FCP side to see if that would go in your favor?

Comment

Working...
                      X