No announcement yet.

FCP Euro Lifetime Replacement Guarantee Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This seems to be completely fair - I don't get the complaining. You're still getting 'lifetime warranty' people - it's simply credit instead of refund which is fine if you plan to stay their customer, we all know how needy our cars are. Even with this update, what's the incentive of going elsewhere? Few bucks cheaper instead of store credit for full purchase price! They are more than fair but not stupid - most people will continue buying from them... I know I will.
    Last edited by PetrolM3; 10-24-2022, 09:23 AM.

Comment

I understand the credit thing...

If I buy a valve cover kit for $800 and find out it wasn't a leaking VC, but the oil filter housing... I should be able to return for a refund within 14 days.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
        I understand why, but it's a shame and I won't be buying as much from FCP now. At least this is for orders made after 11/1/22. And the way I'm reading it, that means the original order, not the replacement. Though, the next replacement purchase refunded will be store credit.

For example, I'll be ordering a set of B8s soon. About $8xx from fcp, but now I'll order from another vendor at $7xx. I don't want $800 of store credit in the future.
        Wait wait, am I thinking about this wrong? If you order your B8s from FCP, it's true that you don't exactly get a free set of replacement B8s when you need new ones. But you do generate $800 worth of store credit that you can use for other parts when you buy your next set from FCP. Still way better than spending $700 somewhere else and not getting $800 of credit for future use, no?

Comment

Originally posted by ATB88 View Post

Wait wait, am I thinking about this wrong? If you order your B8s from FCP, it's true that you don't exactly get a free set of replacement B8s when you need new ones. But you do generate $800 worth of store credit that you can use for other parts when you buy your next set from FCP. Still way better than spending $700 somewhere else and not getting $800 of credit for future use, no?
          Exactly. Let's see how many people actually stop using FCP.. my guess? none. There are certain parts/situations/circumstances where FCP doesn't make sense (example - part that you are unlikely to ever warranty and you can get it cheaper/faster from somewhere else) but this specific change/update will not change that.
          Last edited by PetrolM3; 10-24-2022, 11:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post
            Maybe some shops started to take advantage of this?
            Shops get a different wholesale price, but there is NO warranty on maintenance items and everything else is 2yrs. I have not had to warranty anything I purchased on my wholesale acct.

I do have a personal account that I buy consumables on like track brake pads and window regulators (lol).

I would bet its individuals abusing more than shops, but I also think part of this problem is self inflicted. When I inquired about the minimum thickness of the brake pads to return them they said there wasn't a "spec" and that I could warranty them at anytime for any reason. I run them until I don't think I can get another weekend out of them and then return, but I can absolutely see how people would junk them with plenty of life left.

'00 R11S, '09 HP2S, '12 R12GSA, '00 Gray 332iT (SOLD), '00 Black 323iT, '02 Alpine 325iT (Track Wagon), '02 Japan Rot 325iT
            Instagram @HillPerformanceBimmers
            Email to George@HillPerformance.com

Comment

I like you guys get to decide if this is an issue for people or not. 馃檮

I've been using FCP longer than both of you combined. I've replaced everything on my car. No, I don't want store credit since there's nothing left to buy for my car. I simply want to replace the parts.

I'm not looking to get original $ back, just the $ spent to replace a warranty part.

It also makes no sense to only credit the amount of the part as it cost when you originally bought it. I'm not looking for that $ back - I want the $ back that was spent to purchase the replacement part.

The goal should be to not spend any money (less shipping costs, maybe tax) in order to get a replacement.

It is no longer true to call it warranty or replacement or any of these phrases. I bought all these parts wit the understanding that I'd be able to replace them for free in the future. Now, you must spend money (more due to inflation/rising costs) to replace the part, and you don't get that money back.

I understand/accept that store credit will suffice for some people, but it does not for me.

*Or at least grandfather in the parts purchased before 11/1/22 and I mean not just the first replacement, but subsequent.
              Last edited by Tbonem3; 10-24-2022, 12:32 PM.
              DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 DCT Slicktop Instagram
              /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 Coupe 6spd Slicktop zero options
              More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

It is no longer true to call it warranty or replacement or any of these phrases. I bought all these parts wit the understanding that I'd be able to replace them for free in the future. Now, you must spend money (more due to inflation/rising costs) to replace the part, and you don't get that money back.
                The way I read it is that everything you have bought until 11/1/22 is under the original "warranty" arrangement. From then on it sounds like they lost you as a customer.

'00 R11S, '09 HP2S, '12 R12GSA, '00 Gray 332iT (SOLD), '00 Black 323iT, '02 Alpine 325iT (Track Wagon), '02 Japan Rot 325iT

Comment

Originally posted by George Hill View Post

The way I read it is that everything you have bought until 11/1/22 is under the original "warranty" arrangement. From then on it sounds like they lost you as a customer.
                  That's how I understand it. My stance is that it should be indefinite. I spent extra with FCPeuro (since 2014) purely so that I could replace these parts in the future for no (or little) money spent (after refund).

The gap between FCPeuro now and ECS and other sellers is smaller, but it was a pretty big premium that I was spending back in 2014-2019. There were plenty of times where the price difference was sop great, I really had to contemplate the odds of needing a replacement sometime in the future.

Comment

For anything other than consumables and few other select parts I buy the lowest price (with shipping) from whomever. One, there is no guarantee that two years from now I will own the same cars and as of now just like Tbonem3 I don't want large amounts of store credit.
                    3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

That's how I understand it. My stance is that it should be indefinite. I spent extra with FCPeuro (since 2014) purely so that I could replace these parts in the future for no (or little) money spent (after refund).

The gap between FCPeuro now and ECS and other sellers is smaller, but it was a pretty big premium that I was spending back in 2014-2019. There were plenty of times where the price difference was sop great, I really had to contemplate the odds of needing a replacement sometime in the future.
                      I guess I don't understand your position. Are you saying that because you have been a loyal customer that you should be getting this same treatment with all of your future purchases? Or are you saying that you bought a part in 2014 under the impression that in 2024 you would be able to buy a completely unrelated part with the same warranty and that knowing what you know now you wouldn't have spent the money with FCP in 2014? Going forward you won't have to contemplate the purchase and can just buy from the lower seller.

Comment

I like you guys get to decide if this is an issue for people or not. 馃檮

I've been using FCP longer than both of you combined. I've replaced everything on my car. No, I don't want store credit since there's nothing left to buy for my car. I simply want to replace the parts.

I'm not looking to get original $ back, just the $ spent to replace a warranty part.

It also makes no sense to only credit the amount of the part as it cost when you originally bought it. I'm not looking for that $ back - I want the $ back that was spent to purchase the replacement part.

The goal should be to not spend any money (less shipping costs, maybe tax) in order to get a replacement.

I understand/accept that store credit will suffice for some people, but it does not for me.

*Or at least grandfather in the parts purchased before 11/1/22 and I mean not just the first replacement, but subsequent.
                        Show me another company, not on earth but this entire galaxy, that warranties oil and consumables. That alone more than makes up for whatever miniscule amount you are talking about here. I warrantied a set of brake pads, multiple oil changes and could, if I wanted, send back my clutch with 10k miles on it and get a replacement if I didn't want to just reset the sac mechanism (I felt really guilty about that so I am going to attempt resetting the mechanism haha). I also improperly torqued 12 rod bolts (in my defense it was the incorrect spec FCP posted lol) but without hesitation they did a warranty return on those as well, over $100 in bolts they just comp'ed. They also gave me store credit for a window seal I purchased years ago among a few other parts in my stash that I didn't end up needing and sat in my garage. How can you be upset? You are still coming out ahead.

Comment

Well those are 2 different statements you've made, not opposites, so I'm not sure what you're really asking.

I thought it was clear earlier, but I'll rephrase:

If you bought a part in the past, with the promise that you'd be able to replace it for free (basically free/less shipping), then you should always be able to. I'm not talking about new purchases after this point. No, I'm not talking about being grandfathered in just as a good customer with significant history. I'm arguing that prior purchases, under the rules at the time, should be "grandfathered" in (beyond just the first replacement).

FCP has basically lost my business for future purchases (unless they have the best price/in stock). I'm now arguing solely for replacement of parts that I already purchased in the past.

Paypal doing away with free return shipping at the same time is a double whammy, though not a deal breaker on its own as it wasn't even a well known perk (or maybe didn't even exist) back in 2014 when I started buying from FCP.

Comment

Originally posted by Icecream View Post

Show me another company, not on earth but this entire galaxy, that warranties oil and consumables. That alone more than makes up for whatever miniscule amount you are talking about here. I warrantied a set of brake pads, multiple oil changes and could, if I wanted, send back my clutch with 10k miles on it and get a replacement if I didn't want to just reset the sac mechanism (I felt really guilty about that so I am going to attempt resetting the mechanism haha). I also improperly torqued 12 rod bolts (in my defense it was the incorrect spec FCP posted lol) but without hesitation they did a warranty return on those as well, over $100 in bolts they just comp'ed. They also gave me store credit for a window seal I purchased years ago among a few other parts in my stash that I didn't end up needing and sat in my garage. How can you be upset? You are still coming out ahead.
                            In an earlier post, I was going to pre-emptively stop you, but I didn't bother, and now I'm having to respond to this anticipated non-sense.

Ever heard of logical fallacies? It's rhetorical. I don't care for a response. If you were sharp enough to see the uselessness of your post, I'd wager you would have been smart enough to stop yourself from posting it.

Comment

. No, I'm not talking about being grandfathered in just as a good customer with significant history. I'm arguing that prior purchases, under the rules at the time, should be "grandfathered" in (beyond just the first replacement).
                              Okay, I do agree with this and I think they will honor it. I kind of expected all this to happen so I'm just not surprised. Actually I am surprised it took them this long.

Comment

In an earlier post, I was going to pre-emptively stop you, but I didn't bother, and now I'm having to respond to this anticipated non-sense.

Ever heard of logical fallacies? It's rhetorical. I don't care for a response. If you were sharp enough to see the uselessness of your post, I'd wager you would have been smart enough to stop yourself from posting it.
                                okay, you are a d***, jesus christ man. Wake up on the wrong side of the sofa today?

Comment

Working...
                                X