Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Winter/Snow Tires for e46 ZCP Wheels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post
    Plus, it's a mass produced 3 series not some low volume special thing.
    Porsche made twice as many of the 996 911. It is still special!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rkymtnrider View Post
      They dont salt, but they do use mag chloride instead. Not sure what that does to paint. Wash often.
      It's not the typical NaCl used in other places, but MgCl2 is still a salt and will still catalyze oxidation. Agreed that you should wash often if there's salt on the roads. Make sure to get the underside of the car too.

Originally posted by 01SG View Post
      Porsche made twice as many of the 996 911. It is still special!!!
      Yeah perhaps my choice of words wasn't the best in my previous comment. I didn't mean to imply that I don't think E46 M3s are special. I do and that's why I own one. Would immediately go out and buy another one if something happened to my current one

The point I was trying to make was that this car was designed to be mass produced. So BMW engineered it to be used in many different climates. The chassis is designed with winter driving in mind, so covering the car in snow is not an unexpected use case, like it might be for some low volume one-off cars.
      2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by Nuclear Rabbit View Post
        I live in Denver and they got me through a few winters. I preferred them to actual snow tires, but I think getting off the line actual snow tires could be better. I mostly drove with them on the highway. Never got stuck except one time I high-centered the car (still not the tires fault!)

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0562.jpg Views:	0 Size:	136.3 KB ID:	192821
        Thanks for all the replies.

I live in Maryland, so we don't get snow like Denver but it can happen at times. Wondering if I should just get the Continental DWS like Nuclear Rabbit had as a happy medium?

Alternatively, the only other choice I have, like K-Dawg​ said are the Pirelli Winter Sottozero 3.​

Comment

Working...
        X