Passenger side acceleration sensor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Passenger side acceleration sensor?

I thought our ABS/DSC only used the drivers side yaw sensor.

There is also this acceleration sensor on the passenger side. What is it used for and would it cause a 5e30 error code in the DSC module?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where is it from? Don’t remember seeing one

Comment

Not sure what that's for, but I can tell you for sure that it's not for the DSC, having just made a harness for my conversion. Also, the bracket for the DSC sensor is powder coated steel. Not out of the question, but would be a bit surprising if a sensor mounted on the other side used a completely different bracket. Maybe someone else added that? Any useful part numbers on it?

About the code, does INPA show you values from the DSC sensor? Should be able to see them change if you rock the car a bit. If there's no/bogus values, I'd check the wiring going to the sensor. Two CAN wires, 12V and GND IIRC.
      2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

The part number is bmw 1095326. Comes back as acceleration sensor. Mounted in the exact same place as the driver yaw sensor but under the passenger seat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ah found it. It's an SMG sensor, which is probably why neither me nor Jae recognized it.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20221201-092158_Chrome Beta.jpg Views:	0 Size:	184.8 KB ID:	194534

Checked the wiring diagrams too and it only goes to the SMG ECU. Don't think there's any communication with the DSC about the values this sensor reports, as manual cars don't have it, but I'm not entirely sure.
          2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post
            Ah found it. It's an SMG sensor, which is probably why neither me nor Jae recognized it.

Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot_20221201-092158_Chrome Beta.jpg Views:	0 Size:	184.8 KB ID:	194534

Checked the wiring diagrams too and it only goes to the SMG ECU. Don't think there's any communication with the DSC about the values this sensor reports, as manual cars don't have it, but I'm not entirely sure.
            Dude. Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post
              I was thinking...do I have it, where is it, and how do I remove it! lol

Comment

Working...
              X