My new amplifier upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GreyM340i View Post

Reach out to this guy when ready to make sure whats the best option for the HK system,

jason@msc-america.com
    Just shot him an email. Lets see. fingers crossed for the HK folks LOL

Comment

Making this guy’s bonus year…😂

Him: “… then all of a sudden they just started flying off the shelves!”

maw

Comment

Originally posted by maw1124 View Post
        Making this guy’s bonus year…😂

Him: “… then all of a sudden they just started flying off the shelves!”

maw
        Lol the whole community buys amps for Christmas.

Comment

Our HK system utilizes 10 channels, so this should be the amp we need for HK systems

Shop Abt for the Audiotec Fischer Match 10-Channel Amplifier - UP10DSP. Perfect for upgrading multi-channel factory sound systems.

*note* I haven’t verified this with anyone, just searched for a 10 channel version of their amp
          ‘02 LSB M3 (11k original miles)
          ’03 Oxford Green M3 (Turbo’d)

Comment

Originally posted by Hallerhan View Post
            Our HK system utilizes 10 channels, so this should be the amp we need for HK systems

Shop Abt for the Audiotec Fischer Match 10-Channel Amplifier - UP10DSP. Perfect for upgrading multi-channel factory sound systems.

*note* I haven’t verified this with anyone, just searched for a 10 channel version of their amp
            This is the amp I saw on their site plus there’s a wire harness I found for the HK systems. Just need to confirm that it will work for the E46 HK system. Also just called my dealer ABT and they will tune my system for $400. It’s about what I thought so I’ll take it there in the spring since I don’t drive the car much during this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Hallerhan View Post

No it does not. The main HK amp is 8 channels. The subwoofer amp attached to the rear deck is a further 2 channels.

Edit: I should clarify. There are actually only 8 channels of amplification in the amp. It does have 10 outputs though. I'm not sure if there's any passive crossovers internally that split 2 of the channels to the 4 outputs. So you could probably use 10 channels if you really wanted but likely not necessary.

I guess you could try something like this 10 channel one but would need to bypass the sub amp down stream. Also whilst the sub is 2 channels it's mono so just 2 amp channels driving two speakers with the same mono signal. Technically the sub output from the main HK amp is an 11th output.

Last edited by Shonky; 12-15-2022, 12:53 PM.

Comment

I did investigate this sort of product which should be capable. It will need tuning of course. Also will need some kind of adapters made up to be plug and play. I would not want to cut into the existing wiring

I didn't progress because it was a lot of money to spend on an experiment.

Comment

GreyM340i

Do you have a BlueBus or some other hands free telephone setup in the car? If so, do you have echo problems with hands free calls? I've heard that DSP's can add enough delay to the audio that it causes echo problems...

I'm seriously lusting after the 10-channel version of this (Match UP 10DSP) for a non-HK car. Smaller, lighter, and more powerful that the original amp: win, win, win!

Comment

Originally posted by tcp View Post
                    GreyM340i

Do you have a BlueBus or some other hands free telephone setup in the car? If so, do you have echo problems with hands free calls? I've heard that DSP's can add enough delay to the audio that it causes echo problems...

I'm seriously lusting after the 10-channel version of this (Match UP 10DSP) for a non-HK car. Smaller, lighter, and more powerful that the original amp: win, win, win!
                    I upgraded the head unit to the new Sony XAV-AX6000 that has handsfree so I’m not sure.

Comment

Originally posted by tcp View Post
                      GreyM340i

I don’t believe the OPs amp is a DSP amp. I have a DSP amp in my X5 and they’re no problems echoing. The only problem some x5 owners had was their turn signal volume was too loud. This is adjustable in the settings menu on the I drive.

Comment

Originally posted by c watson View Post

I don’t believe the OPs amp is a DSP amp. I have a DSP amp in my X5 and they’re no problems echoing. The only problem some x5 owners had was their turn signal volume was too loud. This is adjustable in the settings menu on the I drive.
                        My new Match UP7 BMW is definitely a DSP amp. https://www.audiotec-fischer.de/en/m...ifiers/up-7bmw

Comment

My new Match UP7 BMW is definitely a DSP amp. https://www.audiotec-fischer.de/en/m...ifiers/up-7bmw
                          Oh damn! I didn’t know the hifi replacement amps were a DSP amp. I stand corrected sir!

Comment

This is the amp I saw on their site plus there’s a wire harness I found for the HK systems. Just need to confirm that it will work for the E46 HK system. Also just called my dealer ABT and they will tune my system for $400. It’s about what I thought so I’ll take it there in the spring since I don’t drive the car much during this season.
                            What exactly are they going to do for $400? You can download a spectrum analyzer app for free. If you have the ability to play with delays, a ruler is all you need. Tune to your ear from the driver's seat. Done.

Mike
                            02 M3 Titanium Silver/Black
                            11 Tundra SuperWhite/Black
                            16 X5

Comment

Originally posted by nuc1 View Post

What exactly are they going to do for $400? You can download a spectrum analyzer app for free. If you have the ability to play with delays, a ruler is all you need. Tune to your ear from the driver's seat. Done.

Mike
                              I’ve never done anything like that before. Don’t I need a calibrated mic to get everything dialed in? I already did the measurements from the speakers to my listening position and entered that info in. Also my new head unit has some EQ and timing adjustments. So I guess I will need to turn those off and use the DSP in the amp for all the adjustments.

Comment

S-U-B-S-C-R-I-B-E-D
                                '06 Carbon Black
                                Sabelt, Brey Krause, MCS 2-way, SuperSprint, Karbonius, Epic, Volk

Comment

Working...
                                X