• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doug DeMuro: e46 M3 is a future classic

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
    2012 LMB/Black 128i
    2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

That car is in incredible shape at 164k miles. I need to find a red interior asap. TiAg/IR looks sooooo good.
    Silver Track to Street Car Journal
    Interlagos Blue Street Car Journal

Comment

I like Doug but when you watch this review and he talks about the subframe and not the RACP it is disappointing. He has hit a point where he can and should do better. I know he doesn't wrench, and again I do like him, but dang man...

Agreed on Tiag/Imola and that is why I spent the money to convert mine to Imola (although in vert form).
      3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

TiAG over Imola Vert was my non-negotiable from day 1. It just looks and feels right to me.

I respect DDM but find him annoying, personally. Can't listen to him.

maw

Comment

My first e46 M3 was TiAg/IR.

I custom ordered both of my cars, mostly because I wanted the IR interior.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
          2012 LMB/Black 128i
          2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

On a side note, what's the going price for a complete IR coupe interior these days (in very good condition)?

Comment

Originally posted by toy4to View Post
              On a side note, what's the going price for a complete IR coupe interior these days (in very good condition)?
              Seems like $1200-$1500 on eBay within the last month or so. Sorry, more like $1800 for trash (https://www.ebay.com/itm/29538381120...mis&media=COPY). But they don't trade often and when they do you may as well do new, non-OEM as this subject car seems to have done.

To DDM's point, E46M cars didn't decline as much as the market or some other cars in this listing ... https://www.classic.com/insights/coo...ZunZiCXh6gI%3D

maw
              Last edited by maw1124; 01-03-2023, 02:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by toy4to View Post
                I just paid nearly $2600 for a perfect 83k mile IR interior.

Comment

This seems like a weird choice of car compared to what condition/spec he usually reviews. Retrimmed front seats, sagging headliner, sunroof, tiag (not that I don't like tiag, just not his usual colour choice for a review car. More would have expected PY or something), non-oe steering wheel with the wrong leather, ebrake handle changed etc.

Usually get gets a unique spec with a loud colour/interior combo.
                  Last edited by Thoglan; 01-03-2023, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Thoglan View Post
                    This seems like a weird choice of car compared to what condition/spec he usually reviews. Retrimmed front seats, sagging headliner, sunroof, tiag, non-oe steering wheel with the wrong leather, ebrake handle changed etc.

Usually get gets a unique spec with a loud colour/interior combo.
                    It’s partially (mostly?) an ad for the fact that the car is for sale on his auction site

Comment

Originally posted by repoman89 View Post
                      It’s partially (mostly?) an ad for the fact that the car is for sale on his auction site
                      And reflective of the fact that declining prices in these is not in his best interest... maybe I'm being cynical. But I'll take the press anyway.

maw

Comment

Originally posted by maw1124 View Post

And reflective of the fact that declining prices in these is not in his best interest... maybe I'm being cynical. But I'll take the press anyway.

maw
                        Was my first thought as well. Doug, the man, is no longer reliable as a source of car values. Part of his income is a direct reflection of the current automobile sales market and he is undoubtedly taking a hit due to the market cooling. There are tons of these cars in comparison to an E30. E30 value is driven more by scarcity than by sheer greatness (it is pretty great, I'm not saying it isn't). He wants the e46 market to stay hot because there are a boatload available and he would like them on his site.
                        3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Originally posted by oceansize View Post
                          I like Doug but when you watch this review and he talks about the subframe and not the RACP it is disappointing. He has hit a point where he can and should do better. I know he doesn't wrench, and again I do like him, but dang man...
                          I agree, and that is one reason I turned off DDM a long time ago. DDM is a sales and marketing guy, who made his way talking; he's not a technician, engineer, wrench turner, or industry insider; I won't however argue that he's done well for himself in that regard. DDM and and everyone on BaT who can say the words "Big 3" are seemingly experts in these cars, and it's nearly unbearable to have any real discussion about these items with people like that. Everyone knows by now how every single one of these cars has catastrophic RACP, VANOS and rod bearing failure if you even look at the car wrong, even with 50k miles. And if a seller hasn't addressed all of these, the car is worthless. By the way, make sure you measure paint thickness too.🙄

Comment

I cant really stand his videos however I had to watch it because of the M3 lol. For the mileage it’s a nice driver car. I guess we will see what it sells for however his site on average gets lower prices than BAT would for the same car.

Comment

Thank goodness we have DeMuro to tell us the E46 is a future classic, if not one already. None of us saw that coming right? Gosh this guy is so annoying and his "quirks" and features" are so freaking lame.If there is one OCD nerd I can tolerate, its matt from OG garage. I can watch that guy de-nib Michelin tires all day.
                              2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
                              2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
                              2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Working...
                              X