Doug DeMuro: e46 M3 is a future classic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Casa de Mesa View Post

Camissa is a truly unique dude. Love the Curmudgeon podcast with he and Derek. From what I've listened to of theirs, I align on 90%+ of what they are putting out into the universe. They are true enthusiasts. It's not that Doug isn't (you don't build 2 business like that if you're not), they are just different kind of enthusiasts that resonate with my way of thinking much more. And they know their shit. I'm amazed by the breadth and depth of their knowledge.

Completely agree. Well put.

Comment

Camissa is a truly unique dude. Love the Curmudgeon podcast with he and Derek. From what I've listened to of theirs, I align on 90%+ of what they are putting out into the universe. They are true enthusiasts. It's not that Doug isn't (you don't build 2 business like that if you're not), they are just different kind of enthusiasts that resonate with my way of thinking much more. And they know their shit. I'm amazed by the breadth and depth of their knowledge.

I really enjoyed some on the "Icons" videos Camissa did with Hagerty. Entertaining and well produced. Guy is a very good car presenter.

Comment

Doug DeMuro is just another YouTuber using E46 M3's to make money and drive traffic. He has zero passion or knowledge for the car, it's just another video for him to make for attention and clicks. It is a shame that people have platformed such a vanilla, plain jane car reviewer who now has dubious integrity considering his main focus now appears to be trying to maximize profit from auction sales. He's got a whole lot of nothing to say and people to eat it up.
        Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

Originally posted by EthanolTurbo View Post
          Doug DeMuro is just another YouTuber using E46 M3's to make money and drive traffic. He has zero passion or knowledge for the car, it's just another video for him to make for attention and clicks. It is a shame that people have platformed such a vanilla, plain jane car reviewer who now has dubious integrity considering his main focus now appears to be trying to maximize profit from auction sales. He's got a whole lot of nothing to say and people to eat it up.
          I’d say his review is still helpful and entertaining to non e46m owners. Not sure what long term e46 owners are looking to gain from any e46 review video at this point.

I think it’s cool someone with such a huge following is still making e46 content regardless of his intentions.

Comment

Originally posted by Toby22 View Post

I’d say his review is still helpful and entertaining to non e46m owners. Not sure what long term e46 owners are looking to gain from any e46 review video at this point.

I think it’s cool someone with such a huge following is still making e46 content regardless of his intentions.
            Fair point, but he really has nothing worthwhile to say and I'd rather not see the prices of the cars and parts go up any further than they have. Let Doug drive the masses to BRZ's et al, 370z's, Mustang GT's and other disposable sports cars. He has nothing of value to add to the E46 M3 world so why put eyes on it?

For his ego and to make some money off his huckster auction site. He's the male Supercar Blondie, just reads off some specs and away he goes.
            Last edited by EthanolTurbo; 01-06-2023, 10:10 AM.
            Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

Originally posted by simonnim View Post
              There's a lot of e46 M3s and I've seen tons parted out already. Don't see them being rare for another 10+ years.
              They made a boat load of E46s. As many E46 M3 coupes came to the NA market than E90, E92 and E93 M3s combined. With that being said, a lot are SMG. A lot are in pretty rough shape (yes, these were ~$15k cars at one point).

I think there’s still something to be said for the rarity of clean, largely untouched E46s in desirable specs.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ13 View Post
                That car is in incredible shape at 164k miles. I need to find a red interior asap. TiAg/IR looks sooooo good.
                I actually know the owner! He's a friend of a friend. It is a very clean example and he definitely improved the condition considerably during his short ownership.

Click image for larger version

Name:	594F6FD0-29CB-45B6-8FA9-7FB1B99AA7C1.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	189.5 KB
ID:	199411

Comment

Originally posted by AvusM5 View Post
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	594F6FD0-29CB-45B6-8FA9-7FB1B99AA7C1.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	189.5 KB
ID:	199411
                  I'm not sure he won AP upholsterey any favour on this forum though

Comment

I actually know the owner! He's a friend of a friend. It is a very clean example and he definitely improved the condition considerably during his short ownership.
                    Was I right?! Does he have a personal connection to Doug?

Inquiring minds and all that...

Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

Even though it’s a review of an instant classic that we all like, Doug Demuro is a tool. The guy is amazingly annoying and doesn’t cover things appropriately at times as mentioned previously.

By far one of the worst “popular” automotive voices on the tube.

Comment

Yeah he's a student of the game for sure. Kobe would approve. He's actually worth the energy it takes to listen to him, which is something not a lot of them can say.

maw

Comment

Originally posted by Thoglan View Post

I'm not sure he won AP upholsterey any favour on this forum though

Lol, honestly the reupholstered seats looked good in person but definitely to the detailed eye, not the same as OE.

Comment

Was I right?! Does he have a personal connection to Doug?

Inquiring minds and all that...
                            Precisely

Comment

Precisely
                              Well good on Doug for doing a buddy a solid. Wish them both luck on a good outcome.
                              Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

Working...
                              X