Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Part Number Inquiry - Rubber grommet on valve cover?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Part Number Inquiry - Rubber grommet on valve cover?

Hi all,

I've been wrapping up valve adjustment job and while putting everything back together, I've noticed I am missing the following (Circled in YELLOW):

Click image for larger version

Name:	grommet.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	140.9 KB
ID:	206795

It is the rubber grommet piece that holds the O2 wiring together & gives a good seal when the beauty cover goes on.

I cannot find any information on this particular piece on RealOEM under E46 M3 (It is grey'd out). But when I do watch DIY videos or read into guides, I am able to spot the grommet.

Any thoughts or information would be much appreciated!

If it’s greyed out it might be nla or part of a series of parts (forces you to buy entire pieces, kits, etc.). You can always check part outs if nla brand new.

Comment

Might want to reach out to track car guys...probably will find a spare one there.

Comment

Part in your picture looks like 12517831185. It's in the Z4M parts diagrams but not the E46 M3 one. Although it looks more like a block off plate than anything else. Maybe you can make some holes in it to get the wires through. Or maybe they come out the bottom/side?

Might have to pick one of these up. It's annoying having to clean under the beauty cover every time I take it off.
        2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

It's very much a thick rubber grommet, that the beauty cover sits on to seal. Great find, looking at Z4. Sadly, realOEM is funky like this. I've noticed a lot of widly incorrect weights listed for parts, and many parts not listed or grey'd out.
          DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
          /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
          More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post
            Part in your picture looks like 12517831185. It's in the Z4M parts diagrams but not the E46 M3 one. Although it looks more like a block off plate than anything else. Maybe you can make some holes in it to get the wires through. Or maybe they come out the bottom/side?

Might have to pick one of these up. It's annoying having to clean under the beauty cover every time I take it off.
            It should be the same as the O2s run down the same path.

Comment

Superb-

Thank you all!
              I knew you guys would know about the piece!

Comment

LOL I never even knew that grommet existed! All the cars I've worked on are missing it. Just ordered 2 👍

Comment

Working...
                X