StopTech (the company) problems.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zzyzx85 View Post
    I've used Zeckhausen (https://www.zeckhausen.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=24) in the past for StopTech parts. I actually have a pile of parts i've been meeting to use to rebuild a pair of ST40 calipers.
    Don't do it with stoptech (centric) parts. Use girodisc, racing brake, bremo...

And I'm not saying that becuase of this thread.
    DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
    /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
    More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by r4dr View Post

You will not get custom hats for less than $2k. We would charge you more than twice that, and that's the number we throw out there for people we actually want to make hats for. One-offs are REALLY expensive because you can't amortize out all the time of designing, programming CNC, and QC of the final product. God forbid you have to scrap a part and start over...

I'm not aware of Pro-System doing hats or rings in such small quantities, but I could be wrong. As I mentioned earlier, the piston seals and dust boots are universally available.
      As for pro-system I have quite a good relationship with them so maybe its different but I doubt it. I contacted them about making replacement rotors that work with stoptech C43 hats and caliper for my e36 and was quoted ~$350/rotor with no minimum quantity assigned. Hat design will obviously be more expensive but it is an option and they have pretty much endless customization options.

Comment

How often do the rotor hats of a two-piece rotor need to be replaced?
        And what wears out, the holes where the friction ring hardware goes through?

Comment

Originally posted by elbert View Post
          How often do the rotor hats of a two-piece rotor need to be replaced?
          And what wears out, the holes where the friction ring hardware goes through?
          From my research, the hats are a lifetime part. It's the hardware that needs replacing with every disc change. The only reason I needed to buy hats is because the kit I purchased came with everything but the hats/discs, but thankfully they're available. When placing the order my Race Technologies rep did vet me out, wanted pictures of said calipers, clear pictures of stampings on the caliper, etc., I'm certain to ensure I've got authentic parts.

Comment

Originally posted by WestBankM4 View Post

From my research, the hats are a lifetime part. It's the hardware that needs replacing with every disc change. The only reason I needed to buy hats is because the kit I purchased came with everything but the hats/discs, but thankfully they're available. When placing the order my Race Technologies rep did vet me out, wanted pictures of said calipers, clear pictures of stampings on the caliper, etc., I'm certain to ensure I've got authentic parts.
            The Rach Technologies rep also quoted hardware kits (1 per corner) right? Are you going to replace to rear bracket or let it ride for the time being?
            '05 M3 Convertible 6MT, CB/Cinnamon, CSL Airbox&Flap, PCSTuning, Beisan, Schrick 288/280, SS V1's & 2.5" System, RE Stg 1&SMF, KW V2, CB PS, Apex EC-7R

Comment

Originally posted by jbfrancis3 View Post

The Rach Technologies rep also quoted hardware kits (1 per corner) right? Are you going to replace to rear bracket or let it ride for the time being?
              He did suggest that, so I got new hardware, brake lines and I think I'll let the rear bracket ride, doesn't look terrible. Worst case I can have a buddy just mock one up at his machine shop if needed. Was going to powder coat before rebuilding them but the paints in great condition still which is a blessing.

I now have a set of Porsche Cayenne calipers that I'll need to sell.

Comment

As someone who just picked up a set of ST40 trophy fronts for my car, this is a great thread to have read through. I got an incredible deal on the setup so I’m not too mad at myself. Glad to know things like the dust boots and seals are pretty much off the shelf stuff and readily available.

Comment

Originally posted by LSBNick View Post
                  As someone who just picked up a set of ST40 trophy fronts for my car, this is a great thread to have read through. I got an incredible deal on the setup so I’m not too mad at myself. Glad to know things like the dust boots and seals are pretty much off the shelf stuff and readily available.
                  The best part is the choice of brake pads. You can use pads from Porsche 928/944/968 and a specific MY 911. Tons of good and inexpensive options.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjae46 View Post

The best part is the choice of brake pads. You can use pads from Porsche 928/944/968 and a specific MY 911. Tons of good and inexpensive options.
                    993 Big Red rears for sure. I think it's the same as one of the 964 fronts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                    X