Body Shop Advice (Los Angeles)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by enjoy_m3 View Post
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong but the light reflecting off the corner bumper looks like horizontal streaks similar to the post of atb88. Am i seeing it correctly? Doesn't looks like orange peel. Orange peel should look like orange peel. Hopefully I'm wrong Jim, lol
    Lol thanks Clarence. This also had not been wet sanded and polished yet. I should be getting it back tomorrow so I can inspect in person.

Honestly it's a track car primarily so I'm not expecting perfection. I'll wait a month or so for it to cure before getting it PPF'd.

One more teaser:

I'm glad cornerbalanced had good results
    Last edited by Gearhead55; 12-05-2023, 08:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by cornerbalanced View Post
      For future reference--

I collected my car from ABS last week. It took a week and change for a front bumper respray, in addition to my side reflectors and license plate bracket holes being shaved. I was charged $500 (I may have gotten a better rate, I may have not...I'm a repeat client). Upon delivery of my car, it was freshly detailed, and ABS took the liberty of adjusting my hood and adding foam on my bumper carrier to correct all panel gaps up front.

Overall, I'm happy with the quality of the job, the time it took for the job to be completed (ahead of schedule) ... Kevin, the owner of ABS also updated me with pictures throughout the process. My car being detailed--it was dropped off fairly dirty--was icing on the cake. Can't really ask for more from a bodyshop these days, esp. after reading about other member's experiences.

Of course, YMMV. Excited to see how Gearhead55's car turns out.​Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3733.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	196.4 KB
ID:	244404
      Sounds like a good price for that job, I’m envious of the turnaround time lol.
      http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
      '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
      '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Got the car back from ABS. Paint looks flawless as far as I can tell. Basically three weeks start to finish. I'm very satisfied.

Comment

Feelsgoodman.jpg
          DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
          /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
          More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Looks awesome brotha! Glad you are satisfied!

Comment

Yea see now I'm just wondering why it took them so long to paint my hood. Took them 10 weeks. Water under the bridge I guess
              '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Originally posted by Nate047 View Post
                Yea see now I'm just wondering why it took them so long to paint my hood. Took them 10 weeks. Water under the bridge I guess
                Did you drop off just the hood or the entire car? I could see them prioritizing cars over panels…but that’s really all I can think of.

Comment

Originally posted by cornerbalanced View Post

Did you drop off just the hood or the entire car? I could see them prioritizing cars over panels…but that’s really all I can think of.
                  Yea just the hood. After a few weeks, I asked if I could bring the car in, thinking that would speed it up lol. I asked if I could have them blend and address some other paint things, but he said he didn't have room for another car.
                  '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Wow that came out awesome! Beautiful.
                    E46 324i k24/dct/turbo Build Thread
                    Phoenix Yellow e46m3 Build Thread

Comment

Working...
                    X