2023 Recommended Tune Options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fattycharged View Post

OP may want to edit initial post to get rid of all those Tooners names, so no one in the future gets confused and ends up with any of them, unless your main goals are pops and bangs, those are all shit
    Good point, edited!
    2005 ZCP SMG ///M3

Comment

I'm looking at HTE myself, but I won't be able to dyno tune. Glad to see the validation in this forum.

Comment

Another plug for HTE. Very helpful. Very responsive. I know folks personally who went that route and are very happy. I will be dyno tuning with them at the end of the month.

Comment

What kind if performance gains have most people seen after getting tuned by Hassan?

Comment

Originally posted by Acarv_426 View Post

Thanks for the input. I'm thinking of adding a wideband. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I came across some awesome custom gauges from kokgo20. Hopefully he still makes them. Sent a pm for more info.
            are the tuners not pulling the WBo2 signal from the data in the ECU when tuning on the Dyno? The 'tailpipe' setup at dyne locations are notorious for not being the same as the ones in the upstream of the exhaust due to heat differences.

you should be able to pull the short term and long term parameters out of the ECU when tuning.

T

Comment

Originally posted by bryce2113 View Post

Same question -- Does he only offer dyno tuned options?
              I run a PCS canned tune for my CSL/MAP and SSv1 setup. If you have one of the common configurations like that he’ll have a good map for it from previous work. Mine idles perfectly, zero hesitation, no issues over thousands of track miles so far.

Comment

Originally posted by ///Mangler View Post

are the tuners not pulling the WBo2 signal from the data in the ECU when tuning on the Dyno? The 'tailpipe' setup at dyne locations are notorious for not being the same as the ones in the upstream of the exhaust due to heat differences.

you should be able to pull the short term and long term parameters out of the ECU when tuning.

T

The stock ECU does not use wide band O2 sensors. Preferably, one would add two WB sensors to the unused ports on an aftermarket set of headers or one WB downstream in a single x-pipe style section 2 if they are running that type of section 2. This would give the tuner the best ability to dial in a tune for a specific engine configuration with x miles. That being said, Hassan and Paul have tuned so many S54s that they have pre-calibrated tunes (already tuned on a dyno) for most setups and making some minor adjustments on a dyno using a tailpipe setup should result in a pretty optimal tune. To get closer to perfect, one would have to add the dual aftermarket WBs.

Comment

What’s the general consensus on EPIC tunes? I had Randy remotely tune mine a few years ago, I've since added a few things and also fully rebuilt the motor. I’m wondering if it would be worth while having him take a second look to make sure everything looks fine.

tbh, Idk crap about tuning or the process involved

Comment

Originally posted by Chanman1029 View Post
                    What’s the general consensus on EPIC tunes? I had Randy remotely tune mine a few years ago, I've since added a few things and also fully rebuilt the motor. I’m wondering if it would be worth while having him take a second look to make sure everything looks fine.

tbh, Idk crap about tuning or the process involved
                    EPIC should be fine as they have been tuning tracked cars for quite a while. Yes, if you changed intake, cams or exhaust, you'll want to have him make adjustments as the air fuel ratio will be different.

Comment

I have PCS also for my CSL/Map tune, and I've been very happy with it, since we are on the topic, anyone got a hold of paul lately? I emailed him for a retune, never got any response back

Comment

That’s good to know. Hassan is very responsive, so go with HTE. Close thread pls.
                        Silver Track to Street Car Journal
                        Interlagos Blue Street Car Journal

Comment

I have swaintech coated megan headers with the BW race exhaust. I flashed in a canned PCS tune - 311whp which was higher than I was expecting.

Not sure if its an issue but the swaintech coating is starting to flake off in a few places. Not sure if its an issue, I know the coating is supposed to be kinda ugly. I would be very disappointed if it was an issue.

Originally posted by Nate047 View Post
                          I don't think there are any worthwhile off the shelf / plug and play tunes, unless I've missed something.
                          It depends on what you consider a canned tune. I have a PCS tune. I send money, he send files, I upload the file. I guess it depends on your goal. I just need something easy and relatively safe at this point.

I had an Evolve tune on it before. The good news is we aren't beholden to Evolve and Active Autowerkes and shark tunes any longer. We have some great options now.

Comment

Originally posted by Slideways View Post

The stock ECU does not use wide band O2 sensors. Preferably, one would add two WB sensors to the unused ports on an aftermarket set of headers or one WB downstream in a single x-pipe style section 2 if they are running that type of section 2. This would give the tuner the best ability to dial in a tune for a specific engine configuration with x miles. That being said, Hassan and Paul have tuned so many S54s that they have pre-calibrated tunes (already tuned on a dyno) for most setups and making some minor adjustments on a dyno using a tailpipe setup should result in a pretty optimal tune. To get closer to perfect, one would have to add the dual aftermarket WBs.
                            This is a stupid question...I have the BW race which has a bung at the y-merge. I can install a wideband sensor there...what else do I need for the purposes of tuning? I don't plan to leave the sensor in.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjae46 View Post

This is a stupid question...I have the BW race which has a bung at the y-merge. I can install a wideband sensor there...what else do I need for the purposes of tuning? I don't plan to leave the sensor in.
                              Ideally, you'd have an aftermarket ECU which would be able to read wideband sensor data; otherwise, the other option is the gauge pod which certain kits include. There also might be a kit that includes a USB cable coming off the sensor which you could plug into a laptop and read/store the data for the tuner. After tuning, the sensor can be removed unless you want to monitor AFRs.

https://www.diyautotune.com/product/...h-sensor-3877/

Last edited by Slideways; 04-16-2023, 11:26 AM.

Comment

I've got a wideband in one bank of my headers, (I know both would be better) its and innovate LC2 and works great.

I use a Serial>USB adapter to plug into the laptop and testo can pull the WB info right along side other info via the OBD port, works great and was easy to setup.
                                2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
                                Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
                                Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
                                RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
                                Instagram

Comment

Working...
                                X