Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best E46 M3 Full Exhaust setup for the money?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock is best. No aftermarket exhaust sounds good on a e46 m3, and the measly power some make is nothing considering the cost. (most make no power)
    2006 M3 ZCP 6spd
    2008 M3 6spd
    2012 LP 570-4 Super Trofeo Stradale
    2014 Ferrari 458

Follow me on instagram @ biggreasytaco

Comment

Originally posted by big greasy taco View Post
      Stock is best. No aftermarket exhaust sounds good on a e46 m3, and the measly power some make is nothing considering the cost. (most make no power)
      The Dixis sounds insane, has no drone and sounds like stock on the freeway while only weighing 12 lbs. It is truly the best of all worlds. With Euro headers it sounds a lot like my friend's header/exhaust 997 GT3.
      Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

Anyone have catless headers paired with a Borla muffler and can comment?

bmw, m3, exhaust, e46, borla, fabspeed, supersprint, headers, eisenmann, active, autowerke, dinan, kreissieg, akrapovic

Comment

No one can buy a dixis tho
          DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
          /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
          More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

So I'll keep beating the dead horse here...

Who makes the best midpipes for this car (USA Spec) now that the Borla is NLA? I notice the stock crossover in section 2 is the only piece that is double walled for sound reduction. So I'm thinking a simple X pipe there (or someone's midpipe) might yield some good sound gains without sacrificing performance.

Thoughts?

maw

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
              No one can buy a dixis tho
              I just saw one a week or two ago sell for $2500. Someone just needs to cut one open and make a titanium replica. It is strange that all of the replicas don't have the same drone free characteristics etc so I feel like there's something missing internally.

If I can snag another one I will cut one of mine open and see if I can find a way to mass produce replicas or put the info on this forum for everyone to use. 2.5" though...
              Last edited by EthanolTurbo; 12-24-2023, 12:56 PM.
              Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

I have Megan headers. Dual OEM resonators. Stock mid section 2 and B&B muffler. Sounds pretty good but has some drone at highway speeds

Comment

Originally posted by maw1124 View Post

Added to the digital library… thank you… never knew it was a Meritor piece somehow.

FWIW, my baseline view is as you’ve articulated, with the possible exception of a change to section 3 for sound, or full Euro/CSL OEM. In the middle is just the middle IMO.

maw
                  Would you be willing to share this library, please?
                  2003 E46 M3 Titanium Silver / Black

Dinan Section 3 - Dual Resonated Sec 1 - Dinan Springs & Bilstein Shocks - GruppeM Intake - Dinan Front & Rear Strut Bars - Hotchkis Front Sway Bar

www.instagram.com/nextlvel

Comment

Originally posted by maw1124 View Post
                    So I'll keep beating the dead horse here...

Who makes the best midpipes for this car (USA Spec) now that the Borla is NLA? I notice the stock crossover in section 2 is the only piece that is double walled for sound reduction. So I'm thinking a simple X pipe there (or someone's midpipe) might yield some good sound gains without sacrificing performance.

Thoughts?

maw
                    Supersprint imo

Comment

Originally posted by nextlvel View Post
                      Would you be willing to share this library, please?
                      Ha! Most of it I downloaded from here. You have the Dinan bits so presumably you have all that old material. The exhaust materials, SMG materials and CSL differences are the most helpful pieces for me. Those are real information that I didn't know when I bought the car.

maw

Comment

So..... I ordered the Rogue Engineering straight jacket.

When I first did my exhaust on this car, I did it like I usually do all my cars... remove resonators and cats, and use a good muffler to keep decibels reasonable.

Well, it sounded like shit. Anything above 5K sounded great, but anything down low was raspy af.

So, after learning a bit more about this car, I realized the rasp is all make-or-break in section 1.

Section 2 has more to do with drone, it doesn't really effect the rasp much. The muffler/section 3 on our cars does little to nothing to change the pitch and noise of our exhaust, it's mostly just controlling volume at that point.

So... now I'm going to be running the resonated section 1, and resonated section 2 from Supersprint, back to the RE straight pipes.

It'll be loud, but I suspect it's going to sound great. I'll post a sound clip when I get it installed.

#Fmyneighbors
                        2004 Dinan S3-R M3
                        2012 Dinan S1 X5M

Comment

Sorry forgot to post this. This is OEM sections 1 and 2, so mine will sound better.

At least that's my hope.

We decided to make some straight pipes for the rear section of the E46 M3 to,see how they would sound. Sorta SPICY!This car has headers, high flow catalytic ...
                          2004 Dinan S3-R M3
                          2012 Dinan S1 X5M

Comment

Working...
                          X