Door Crash Bar - Removable!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Door Crash Bar - Removable!

You can get it out through the opening for the wiring harness plug in the jamb. Hope this helps someone…

Thinking about making one from carbon and kevlar🤔

Click image for larger version  Name:	29B9BC62-56B5-42EF-B78F-592CFD6ACF4F.jpg Views:	0 Size:	174.1 KB ID:	216245
    Attached Files

There are many parts I would like to have in carbon. This is not one of them.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
    2012 LMB/Black 128i
    2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Does it just unbolt or is it tac welded to the door? I'm about to remove and cut up the doors for cage.

Comment

Why replace with a carbon piece if your car is fully caged?
        2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by CrookedCommie View Post
          Does it just unbolt or is it tac welded to the door? I'm about to remove and cut up the doors for cage.
          bigjae46 could you please confirm this? i could picture sliding it out of the available crevices in the door but curious how it's attached in the first place

Comment

Originally posted by CrookedCommie View Post
            Just unbolt
            2001 BMW E46 M3 Laguna Seca / M-Texture 6mt
            2002 BMW E46 M3 Titanium Silver/Black 6mt
            2006 BMW E46 M3 Individual Estoril blue/Black 6mt
            2019 BMW X3 M40i Phytonic blue/Tartufo Individual

Comment

thank you! i see the holes for the bolts now, assuming the studs are built into the doors?

Comment

Working...
              X