No announcement yet.

Yet Another e46/e39/e53 Airbag Recall Inbound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn. I only recently stopped receiving these notices for the track car!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

So I have 2006 325Ci and 2004 M3, none of VIN's come up with open recalls. Do i still need to check what is physically there? I took my 325Ci a few years ago on the first recall. I believe the previous owner took the M3 for the recall.

Comment

Originally posted by 02_lsb View Post
        At this point they should just send us checks for dealing with this dumb shit.
        They did. I got one a couple weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post
          This is super annoying. Just checked my car and it doesn't match up with either picture. No serial number in the same format as above either:

Click image for larger version  Name:	20230504_110422.jpg Views:	186 Size:	132.5 KB ID:	216373
          New owner here - I only have one crappy picture I took when redoing my wheel trim and all that so I knew how to put it back together. Mine looks like yours. I put my VIN in and it said 0 open recalls. I know the previous owner did the first round of recalls. So I guess we're in the clear? If you find out, please share - thanks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2023-05-05 at 1.21.16 PM.png
Views:	462
Size:	829.9 KB
ID:	216530

Comment

Naaaaaa come on really? Damn it. Thanks for the post, waiting for my letter now I guess
            - Jonathan

2004 M3 6MT Carbon Black OEM+ | Vortex Days

Comment

Do we have a DIY handy for airbag removal? My drivers side was done in 2016 time frame so guess I should check.

Last edited by Phoenix///M3; 05-05-2023, 05:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix///M3 View Post
                Do we have a DIY handy for airbag removal? My drivers side was done in 2016 time frame so guess I should check.

Dumb question withdrawn after 0.000005 sec google search.

Comment

Originally posted by bagger View Post

New owner here - I only have one crappy picture I took when redoing my wheel trim and all that so I knew how to put it back together. Mine looks like yours. I put my VIN in and it said 0 open recalls. I know the previous owner did the first round of recalls. So I guess we're in the clear? If you find out, please share - thanks.

Originally posted by bagger View Post

Just checked mine and it's the same as you guys. These are marked TRW Airbag Systems gmbh (part of ZF) not Takata.

Comment

Guys I checked my 2004's vin on the website, according to the attached document –

Q11. I did not receive a letter from BMW regarding my vehicle. How can I find out if my BMW is included in this recall?
                    -> For my Vin number it says there are 0 recalls
                    -> The previous owner did the driver one in 2019, I did the passenger one in 2021

Think I'm good?
                    Attached Files
                    - Jonathan

2004 M3 6MT Carbon Black OEM+ | Vortex Days

Comment

I don’t have any further info on the stickers— what I posted was from BMW.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                      2012 LMB/Black 128i
                      2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by ChapterM3 View Post
                        Guys I checked my 2004's vin on the website, according to the attached document –

Q11. I did not receive a letter from BMW regarding my vehicle. How can I find out if my BMW is included in this recall?
                        -> For my Vin number it says there are 0 recalls
                        -> The previous owner did the driver one in 2019, I did the passenger one in 2021

Think I'm good?
                        Pull it and check the mfg. on the tag. Takata had the issuesbut Takata was also a replacement mfg. that might be good according to the docs above. TRW (part of ZF) was another mfg. we've found in this thread and I have not heard issues with them over the years.

It's one of those things that takes you 20 minutes to figure out the first time you do it and then 2 the next. Plenty of youtube videos on it.

Comment

They nicked my steering wheel trim when they did mine. Had to argue for them to replace vs their suggested “touching up”.

Comment

Originally posted by Toby22 View Post
                            They nicked my steering wheel trim when they did mine. Had to argue for them to replace vs their suggested “touching up”.
                            That's probably the biggest thing people mess up . There's no need for any tool on the front side. Just a flat blade screw driver in the rear and your fingers to pull it out.

Comment

I like to use these when removing -catches the spring so much better than a screwdriver.

And I agree. The steering wheel trim shouldnt get messed up. Just grab it with your fingers. That being said, mine is going in soon. I'll remove the dash trim before I take it in.

2004 Silver Grey - Manual - Slick top - Manual Cloth Seats

Comment

Anyone have a spare passenger airbag? I'll get nasty mail for 2 years again if I don't have one this recall.

Comment

Working...
                                X