Yet Another e46/e39/e53 Airbag Recall Inbound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post
    This is super annoying. Just checked my car and it doesn't match up with either picture. No serial number in the same format as above either:

Click image for larger version

Name:	20230504_110422.jpg
Views:	991
Size:	132.5 KB
ID:	216373
    youre in the clear. look closer, these are made by trw and not subject to blowing up in your face.

Comment

Did anyone receive a check also?

Comment

Just got mine done. They gave me a new M850i as a loaner too Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0266.jpg
Views:	318
Size:	353.7 KB
ID:	218450
        Attached Files

Comment

My M3 needs both bags replacing Again and the E70 X5M also came up with both front air bags needed to be replaced. BMW Bahrain have ordered the parts so just waiting for the call.

Comment

I just checked the vin and I do not have a recall for my driver side airbag. Is it something that is not effective yet in the US?

I do not have a TRW airbag.
            Just some old shitty cars.

Comment

Originally posted by 02_lsb View Post
              I just checked the vin and I do not have a recall for my driver side airbag. Is it something that is not effective yet in the US?
              Funny, i just got a call from the dealer and they have received the parts and for the M3 its only the passenger airbag.

Comment

I've checked https://www.recall.bmw.com.au/ and neither my e46 or e39 come up as needing the airbags replaced. Again. See what happens in the coming months

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post

So, they will do appointments at your home. Last time they came to me, and I had the airbag pre removed for them so they couldn't fuck up my car.
                  Absolutely do this! The stealership is going to view this recall as a money maker. You bring your near classic M3 into the dealership - almost guaranteed to find a leaking oil pan gasket and blown or cracked front control arm bushings. They will try to sell you a bunch of work.

Just avoid the aggravation.

But not all dealers have a mobile service.

Comment

Just checked the airbags in both my e46 and e39. They have the same white stickers that show TRW on the back and Takata on the side. Are we saying these airbags are good?

2005 BMW M3 ZCP Black/Black - HTE Tuning | Kassel CSL DME | 288/280 Schrick Cams+DLC Followers | Lang Head | Dinan TBs | Bosch 550cc | Radium Fuel System | Karbonious CSL Airbox+OE Snorkel | SS V1 Stepped+Catted Sec 1+Resonated Twin Pipe+Race | 3.91, 3 stage clutch | FCM 400/600 | Vorshlag Camber Plates, RSM | Rogue ASP | AKG FCABs, SFBs | TMS Front Sway, Camber Arms, Monoball RTABs, Pullies | Mason Race Strut + X-Brace | AS 30% SSK | SPAL | Redish Plates | Turbo Toys V2 Hub | WPC Rod Bearings

Comment

Yeah, I just checked and my m3 which JUST had its airbag replaced is now needing yet another airbag. It's on its 4th airbag replacement. My goodness, BMW. Glad it's on their dime and not mine.
                      E46 324i k24/dct/turbo Build Thread
                      Phoenix Yellow e46m3 Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by liam821 View Post
                        Yeah, I just checked and my m3 which JUST had its airbag replaced is now needing yet another airbag. It's on its 4th airbag replacement. My goodness, BMW. Glad it's on their dime and not mine.
                        Did you have a yellow sticker airbag?
                        2005 BMW M3 ZCP Black/Black - HTE Tuning | Kassel CSL DME | 288/280 Schrick Cams+DLC Followers | Lang Head | Dinan TBs | Bosch 550cc | Radium Fuel System | Karbonious CSL Airbox+OE Snorkel | SS V1 Stepped+Catted Sec 1+Resonated Twin Pipe+Race | 3.91, 3 stage clutch | FCM 400/600 | Vorshlag Camber Plates, RSM | Rogue ASP | AKG FCABs, SFBs | TMS Front Sway, Camber Arms, Monoball RTABs, Pullies | Mason Race Strut + X-Brace | AS 30% SSK | SPAL | Redish Plates | Turbo Toys V2 Hub | WPC Rod Bearings

Comment

Originally posted by duracellttu View Post

Did you have a yellow sticker airbag?
                          That is a good question, I don't know, I was just going by the https://www.bmwusa.com/safety-and-emission-recalls.html website. I'll check my actual airbag and see.
                          E46 324i k24/dct/turbo Build Thread
                          Phoenix Yellow e46m3 Build Thread

Comment

Working...
                          X