Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recommendations for ‘05 Xenon headlight upgrades?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not the one who builds them but off the top of my head brackets, stand offs, spacers, shrouds, lenses, wiring, labor.
    IG: @limited.slip

Mystic Blue / M-cloth E46 M3 Coupe S54 6MT
    A̶l̶p̶i̶n̶e̶ ̶W̶h̶i̶t̶e̶ ̶/̶ ̶B̶l̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶E̶4̶6̶ ̶3̶2̶5̶i̶ ̶T̶o̶u̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶S̶5̶4̶ ̶6̶M̶T̶
    Imola Red / Alcantara / Cloth E46 330i ZHP Sedan S54 6MT
    Titanium Silver / Black E39 540i M-Sport
    Touring S62 6MT
    Alpine White / Black E90 M3 M3 S65 7DCT

Comment

Originally posted by kaiv View Post
      I'm not the one who builds them but off the top of my head brackets, stand offs, spacers, shrouds, lenses, wiring, labor.
      OK got it, thanks. I'll wait until they develop a diy kit like they did for the Bixenon projectors. Not paying $1k for this.

Comment

I can't say I've ever felt the need to upgrade the stock xenons. For city driving they're great. On back roads I did the LCM mod so fogs + halogen highs + xenon highs can all be on at the same time. It's almost too much light.

Comment

Originally posted by cobra View Post
          I can't say I've ever felt the need to upgrade the stock xenons. For city driving they're great. On back roads I did the LCM mod so fogs + halogen highs + xenon highs can all be on at the same time. It's almost too much light.
          How do you do this mod?

Comment

Originally posted by dog2bert View Post

How do you do this mod?
            It was probably 10 years ago but I recall using one of those softwares through the obd interface (NCS Expert I think?), you basically just download a text file from the LCM, change a couple lines from 'nicht aktiv' to 'aktiv' and re-upload it. Totally reversible and was pretty easy. Getting all the software set up and configured is the hardest part.

Comment

Originally posted by cobra View Post
              I think it's one of those things where they might be fine as is, but once you have the increased brightness / throw distance you'll never want to go without them.
              '04 LSB Coupe 6MT
              All my money goes towards maintenance.

Comment

Originally posted by dukeofchen View Post

I think it's one of those things where they might be fine as is, but once you have the increased brightness / throw distance you'll never want to go without them.
                I'm also very used to driving vehicles with dull yellow halogen bulbs so the xenons are incredible in comparison

Comment

I can't speak for AL Bosch headlights, but I did the G5R projector upgrade on my ZKW equipped ZHP and I have to say it's in my top 3 favorite modifications I have done to my car. The difference in driving at night and being able to fully light up the road has improved the driving experience drastically, especially driving a lowered car and wanting to dodge pot holes, roadkill, etc. Just my 2 cents on the topic
                  2003 E46 M3 Titanium Silver / Black

Dinan Section 3 - Dual Resonated Sec 1 - Dinan Springs & Bilstein Shocks - GruppeM Intake - Dinan Front & Rear Strut Bars - Hotchkis Front Sway Bar

www.instagram.com/nextlvel

Comment

After driving my F80 M3 with LEDs the E46 admittedly feels lacking on the lighting front. But fogs FTW

Comment

Originally posted by 0-60motorsports View Post

OK got it, thanks. I'll wait until they develop a diy kit like they did for the Bixenon projectors. Not paying $1k for this.
                      Ya, things are cheaper when DIYd lol. But I'm surprised you think that's expensive. It seemed not bad at all to me, given the all the parts and amount of work involved to make it right and plug and play. Have you checked how much Lightwerks charges for the same thing? I haven't but admitedly a little curious now. You could also save a couple hundred by reusing your lenses (although most cars have weathered and sandblasted lenses by now).

Originally posted by dukeofchen View Post

Precisely!

Now that I have bi-led on the E46, the stock bi-xenons on my E90 feel like halogens 😝
                      IG: @limited.slip

Mystic Blue / M-cloth E46 M3 Coupe S54 6MT
                      A̶l̶p̶i̶n̶e̶ ̶W̶h̶i̶t̶e̶ ̶/̶ ̶B̶l̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶E̶4̶6̶ ̶3̶2̶5̶i̶ ̶T̶o̶u̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶S̶5̶4̶ ̶6̶M̶T̶
                      Imola Red / Alcantara / Cloth E46 330i ZHP Sedan S54 6MT
                      Titanium Silver / Black E39 540i M-Sport
                      Touring S62 6MT
                      Alpine White / Black E90 M3 M3 S65 7DCT

Comment

Originally posted by kaiv View Post

Ya, things are cheaper when DIYd lol. But I'm surprised you think that's expensive. It seemed not bad at all to me, given the all the parts and amount of work involved to make it right and plug and play. Have you checked how much Lightwerks charges for the same thing? I haven't but admitedly a little curious now. You could also save a couple hundred by reusing your lenses (although most cars have weathered and sandblasted lenses by now).

Precisely!

Now that I have bi-led on the E46, the stock bi-xenons on my E90 feel like halogens 😝
                        I'm trying to find some headlight bowls to send over to lightwerkz to do the conversion so let's see….that may or may not happen as it's something I don't NEED……but I WANT LOL

Will report back whenever and if that happens.

Comment

I'm just sitting here wishing I didn't have halogens on my 03 haha

Comment

G5BRT project retrofit upgrade by Lightwerkz is beyond worth the cost! Massive light improvement on the road and brings the car to 2024 standards. The light beam cutoff is amazing! I would highly recommend osram bulb upgrade. Warm white will have the best output especially during inclement weather.
                            2005 E46 ///M3 Interlagos Blue/Cinnamon

BBS - Recaro - JRZ - PFC - Supersprint - Haimus - Vorshlag - RKP - DMG - Diffsonline - Autosolutions - ​Koyo - Mile End Composites - YFCM - GC

https://www.instagram.com/justanotham4/

Comment

Another vote for Caesar and the Lightwerkz G5-BRT retrofit. Very satisfied and Caesar is very responsive with any questions and keeps you informed on status of order. He even fixed a broken adjuster for me. Does take a while, they have a backlog of orders. I did a post on it below.​ Also have some parts lying around from me trying to DIY if anyone wants and is local to NoVA area.
                              My long story of trying to improve my E46 M3 headlight performance. I tried to go full DIY, should have ordered from Lightwerkz earlier
                              Interlagos 06 M3, Autologic tune, Agency Power midpipes/exhaust, Fortune Auto coilovers, UUC SSK, ZKW-R lenses. MRegistry listing here

Comment

I'm looking at doing this, and may be a good time to replace the lenses and seals. Has anyone had that done in addition to the retrofit by sending in those parts with the headlamps? Is aiming required after re-installation or is this also performed (at least to some nominal position)?

Comment

Working...
                                X