No announcement yet.

Refinishing Factory 19" Style 67 Wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They turned out great. Thanks for sharing the pics and the website. But did they clearcoat with paint or use clear powder coat? Thanks...

Comment

Guys, what was the turn around time for these services?

maw

Comment

Originally posted by BMWE46M3 View Post
        They turned out great. Thanks for sharing the pics and the website. But did they clearcoat with paint or use clear powder coat? Thanks...
        I think it’s powder coat and then cleared.

Comment

Originally posted by maw1124 View Post
          Guys, what was the turn around time for these services?

maw
          Mine took about 10 days as they said it was pretty difficult cutting them on the machine perfectly.

Comment

Originally posted by SE46 View Post
            I paid $200/wheel last year.
            How long was the turnaround?

maw

Comment

I did mine myself.
              Sanded of the clear coat, sanded in steps with sandpaper from grain 80 to 3000.
              Then pollisht them, then i took them to work (work @ bmw dealer) and got them clear coated in the body shop.
              Took +/-7h per wheel.

Comment

Originally posted by Isi 78 View Post
                I did mine myself.
                Then pollisht them, then i took them to work (work @ bmw dealer) and got them clear coated in the body shop.
                Took +/-7h per wheel.
                Did you just sand any curb rash flat?

Comment

Originally posted by Isi 78 View Post
                  I did mine myself.
                  Took +/-7h per wheel.
                  This is the process I thought any wheel shop should be able to do, but what I kept hearing is strip, paint the inside, polish then clear — which seemed like a good excuse to charge more money to me. At $400 a wheel it was a hard pass, but at $200/$250 we’ll see.

maw

Comment

My turn around was 14 days. Usually shorter but they took them back to fix a couple runs in the clear.

Comment

Working...
                    X