No announcement yet.

Rear seat sound insulation part number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soemone try the new PN and let us know if it helps with reduction in sound. If not then I won't be ordering it.

Comment

Just swapped my order for the new part. Should have it in a month or so

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      2003 E46 M3 TiAg/Cinnamon 6MT
      2005 E46 330i ZHP Imola/Sand

| Karbonius | Schrick | Supertech | Volk | Recaro | FCM | SuperSprint | Turner | Hyperco | GC | PFC | VAC | OMP | Radium Engineering | MPRacing |

Instagram:@thegenius46m

NorCal DME Programming and Coding Expert

Comment

Finally a photo of this properly installed!

It fits well, you can see there's a couple of extra cut outs one on each side which are presumably for the E46 compact or something, but it fits really well. No issues installing. The bit that sits under the trunk carpet has an extra moulding fold that the M3 doesn't need, but it just folds flat so no drama.

All in all very happy I went for this instead of the rubber/butyl part.

2005 ///M3 SMG Coupe Silbergrau Metallic/CSL bucket seats
        Build Thread:
        https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...e46-m3-journal

Comment

Originally posted by karter16 View Post
          Finally a photo of this properly installed!

It fits well, you can see there's a couple of extra cut outs one on each side which are presumably for the E46 compact or something, but it fits really well. No issues installing. The bit that sits under the trunk carpet has an extra moulding fold that the M3 doesn't need, but it just folds flat so no drama.

All in all very happy I went for this instead of the rubber/butyl part.

Awesome thx for the followup, ordered this for BRG build.

Comment

Originally posted by 0-60motorsports View Post
            Soemone try the new PN and let us know if it helps with reduction in sound. If not then I won't be ordering it.
            So interestingly I drove for the first time today with it in (after several months of driving with just rear seat and no sound insulation).

Where I hear a difference is that non-continuous sounds like shifting gears are noticeably quieter. Possibly more quiet overall for road noise as well but a bit hard to tell. I don't quite understand why this is the case - as others have said our rear seats are thick foam. Maybe the sound mat attenuates a different frequency range that the foam seat doesn't 🤷‍♂️

2005 ///M3 SMG Coupe Silbergrau Metallic/CSL bucket seats
            Build Thread:
            https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...e46-m3-journal

Comment

Working...
            X