No announcement yet.

Best replacement cv axles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just reviving this thread. I need a new left drive shaft. I have searched around. looked at Redish but they say they only ship to the UK. There are multiple aftermarket shafts. Trakmotive, Surtrack, FEQ, GSP and API. I could only find a review on the GSP. Both reviewers said they didn't fit, squeeled and lasted about 100 miles. Priced at +/-$100 I question the quality. There was one from Insane shafts that looked interesting. Has anyone know anything about it?

Redish claims the part number has changed from 33207839467 to 33217839465. I found a ...465 but they cannot verify fitment.

Any help appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by slawless View Post
      Just reviving this thread. I need a new left drive shaft. I have searched around. looked at Redish but they say they only ship to the UK. There are multiple aftermarket shafts. Trakmotive, Surtrack, FEQ, GSP and API. I could only find a review on the GSP. Both reviewers said they didn't fit, squeeled and lasted about 100 miles. Priced at +/-$100 I question the quality. There was one from Insane shafts that looked interesting. Has anyone know anything about it?

Redish claims the part number has changed from 33207839467 to 33217839465. I found a ...465 but they cannot verify fitment.

Any help appreciated
      I am surprised there are no aftermarket solutions for these halfshafts yet.

Comment

Originally posted by tlow98 View Post
        I’ve used these. https://www.bmwmdev.com/shop/the-bmw...r-cv-joint-kit

So have some other members. Pretty pleased. The stock ones had quite a bit of play.
        I used these as well, and 3-5k later the rotational play and clunk has returned to some degree. In my case, there’s roughly equal play in my rebuilt diff and these replacement CVs, about 1/2” at the tire for each. The car has almost 200k on those axles, so it may be an issue with spline wear, but I thought it was worth highlighting.
        ‘02 332iT / 6 | ‘70 Jaguar XJ6 electric conversion

Comment

I'd spend the money and get a used OE set and rebuild at a minimum. Its not too hard...just messy.

Comment

Originally posted by Bry5on View Post

I used these as well, and 3-5k later the rotational play and clunk has returned to some degree. In my case, there’s roughly equal play in my rebuilt diff and these replacement CVs, about 1/2” at the tire for each. The car has almost 200k on those axles, so it may be an issue with spline wear, but I thought it was worth highlighting.
            Bummer. But good to know. My car will be up in the air for diff work, as you’re well aware, and I’ll check them then.

I bought an OE CV for the driveshaft and intend to install that as well. The original has a lot of play.

Comment

Working...
            X