Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where Are We Buying CSL Bumpers These Days?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Epoustouflant View Post

I chat with brands and suppliers every other day, even active competitors.

The antagonism that some believe exists between brands just isn't there in reality. I'll talk to him about the weather if I want, Las Vegas is really nice in November - none of which is your business to be honest.

Fly out to Vegas, I'll get you free passes if you'd like. SEMA is an experience like no other.
    Ah ok thank you for the reply GB man. 🤣👍🏼

Why would you think I am dying for free SEMA passes?
    Last edited by 0-60motorsports; 09-02-2023, 10:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 0-60motorsports View Post

Ah ok thank you for the reply GB man. 🤣👍🏼

Why would you think I am dying for free SEMA passes?
      You're welcome!

Because SEMA is an awesome private event for the industry and passes are required with a SEMA membership and proof of relevant participation to the industry.

Even if you're being coy, I think meeting in real life always dampens the mood - we're just people.

Cheers.

Comment

You're welcome!

Because SEMA is an awesome private event for the industry and passes are required with a SEMA membership and proof of relevant participation to the industry.

Cheers.
        Ah ok and why would you think I could not get these passes on my own. You seem to be talking down to someone who has been on this industry much much longer than you FYI 🤣🤣🤣. Any way Good luck with SEMA.

Comment

Originally posted by 0-60motorsports View Post

Ah ok and why would you think I could not get these passes on my own. You seem to be talking down to someone who has been on this industry much much longer than you FYI 🤣🤣🤣. Any way Good luck with SEMA.
          Been at it since '08 on my end, congrats on the further longevity.

My bad on the assumptions, it says senior member on the left. I figured anyone looking to make money here with group buys and such should be titled commercial vendors. It causes further confusion on the mobile app according to the other guy.

IamFODI am I doing this right?
          Last edited by Epoustouflant; 09-02-2023, 10:40 AM.

Comment

My bad, it says senior member on the left. I figured anyone looking to make money here with group buys and such should be titled commercial vendors.

IamFODI am I doing this right?
            I only wanted to pay back the community for years of helping me out by setting up an intro offer with Vorst directly (I'll have nothing to do with it, in fact I'll be getting the same offer). I mean at least do ONE a thing for the community to show my gratitude. If I wanted to make money you dont think I would have done that years ago on the forums?

Also I have all OE CSL parts (minus front bumper) on my car so right now for me personally I would only go for an intake so I can use the OE CSL intake for decor in the shop.

Comment

You're asking me rhetorical questions for which I don't have answers. I don't know how you make your money - nor does it matter, I can see you make/have/spend a lot.

Good for you on the Genuine CSL parts, that's baller.

I wish you the best!
              Last edited by Epoustouflant; 09-02-2023, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Thanks again 0-60 for setting up the V buy!
                Last edited by Chas3n; 09-02-2023, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chas3n View Post
                  Thanks again 0-60 for setting up the V buy!
                  I would say My pleasure but it isn't setup yet LOL. Once it will be and can be done I'll update you guys. Cheers for the support.

Comment

His Guntherwerks cars are amazing having seen them first hand. The VSCL front bumper was woven fiberglass back then. He marketed it as DVWP. It's a little different to pre-preg carbon autoclave in regards to material quality.

One thing is certain: you won't find me dissing a company with a proven track record.

I will definitely discredit opinions on a product's quality from individual with lack of hands on experience - in this case, that's you.

Anyone with any sort of sense can see what you did in that thread I linked. As always, jet_dogg has a way with brutal honesty.

The fact you're inferring Alsatek doesn't fit as well after all this is by definition being butt hurt.

You can just own up to it or triple down. No harm done.

--

Anyways, back to chatting CSL bumpers. Here's a dual hole snorkel produced this month for a member of EuroConnex. It carries a little extra as the cut outs are done afterwards - and then blended in during paint.
                    I don't know what's more cringe-worthy, the etymology of the name of the brand (I can't even bring myself to type it) or the fact the guy has hoodwinked a large portion of the community into believing his stuff isn't chinese basura and actually coveting it.
                    2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post

the fact the guy has hoodwinked a large portion of the community into believing his stuff isn't chinese basura and actually coveting it.

Originally posted by Chas3n

Entertain us OG's on what other product was as good as VCSL…
                      yea seriously, not sure why you have this delusion of how Vorsteiner is perceived but to me at least, they've always been the company that can reliably bring small volume products to market, that aren't a total nightmare to fit. that's why they've moved onto higher end cars, and that's probably how/why they've been successful with Gunther Werks (too many high end customers wanting a faster delivery time than what singer can offer)

Comment

Status Gruppe was dog shit, and a scum bag (Mike Migs) and all the euro scammers that have come and gone, including the CONnex, haven't shown anything in the last 2 decades.

this is always hard to hear about Mike since my only dealings with him were back when he was less well known and his high work ethic could keep up with demand. unfortunately, he couldn't stop over-promising and under-delivering when things picked up for his company, and unfortunately seems to have passed along that business ethic to whoever is running the company now. their carbon fiber products always had decent to good enough fitment though

and imo euroconnex doesn't appear to be a scam company, i just don't care to buy mostly meh products from a guy that can't stop being openly psychopathic

Comment

I don't know what's more cringe-worthy, the etymology of the name of the brand (I can't even bring myself to type it) or the fact the guy has hoodwinked a large portion of the community into believing his stuff isn't chinese basura and actually coveting it.

Entertain us OG's on what other product was as good as VCSL…

Status Gruppe was dog shit, and a scum bag (Mike Migs) and all the euro scammers that have come and gone, including the CONnex, haven't shown anything in the last 2 decades.
                          Cost is usually a good indicator of where it's made, along with the underside craftsmanship.

P.S.: Status Gruppe apparently discontinued their CSL bumper.

See below for a BNIB Vorsteiner V2 DWVP front bumper sold privately in 2021.

For reference, this kit apparently sold for 850 US in 2008.

Click image for larger version  Name:	2a01b8cfd7890ca7d081e4470e1c0720.jpg Views:	0 Size:	96.8 KB ID:	232257
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	22250f74b3b2470834c8d119c243b649.jpg Views:	4 Size:	69.2 KB ID:	232253
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	a7d8f4def1618b6a7ed67035a80b4c94.jpg Views:	4 Size:	67.6 KB ID:	232252
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	61b6ef9bc82d98e6b17d8c106a526774.jpg Views:	4 Size:	79.8 KB ID:	232254
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	2a01b8cfd7890ca7d081e4470e1c0720.jpg Views:	0 Size:	96.8 KB ID:	232256

Click image for larger version  Name:	5c3fdb8d2015af01588f32fffc99050e.jpg Views:	4 Size:	68.0 KB ID:	232255

Here's another used version from 2016. This was roughly 1,800 US back then according to the poster here.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4305.jpg Views:	0 Size:	203.5 KB ID:	232259

The Vorsteiner splitters also appeared to be 2x2 - unlike OEM which is 1x1.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4274.jpg Views:	0 Size:	277.4 KB ID:	232260
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4279.jpg Views:	0 Size:	358.1 KB ID:	232261
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4283.jpg Views:	0 Size:	303.3 KB ID:	232262

For reference, the Alsatek unit.

Click image for larger version  Name:	REC09524.jpg Views:	0 Size:	88.8 KB ID:	232263
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	REC09525.jpg Views:	0 Size:	147.9 KB ID:	232264
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	REC09527.jpg Views:	0 Size:	144.1 KB ID:	232265
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	REC09518.jpg Views:	0 Size:	168.2 KB ID:	232266
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	REC09523.jpg Views:	0 Size:	125.8 KB ID:	232267
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	REC09539.jpg Views:	0 Size:	131.1 KB ID:	232268
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	REC09540.jpg Views:	0 Size:	146.4 KB ID:	232269
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	REC09518.jpg Views:	0 Size:	168.2 KB ID:	232273
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	REC09526.jpg Views:	0 Size:	191.1 KB ID:	232270
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	REC09541.jpg Views:	0 Size:	184.2 KB ID:	232271
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	REC09536.jpg Views:	0 Size:	160.3 KB ID:	232272
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	REC09518.jpg Views:	0 Size:	168.2 KB ID:	232274
                          Last edited by Epoustouflant; 09-05-2023, 09:04 AM.

Comment

I'm not sure why you bothered posting those pics.

People don't mind putting shitty commie sweatshop parts on their cars because they can't afford better.​
                            2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Spoke to Vorsteiner and details will be released as soon as I get them. There will be old skool VCSL parts along with different versions….I've seen some pics and I'm waiting for more so I can start a new thread with the correct info and prices etc.

Comment

I'm not sure why you bothered posting those pics.

People don't mind putting shitty commie sweatshop parts on their cars because they can't afford better.​
                                Are you referring to the made in Germany Alsatek bumper that Epoustouflant posted? People are getting so aggressive that this thread is hard to follow. Might need some clean up...

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                                2012 LMB/Black 128i
                                2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Working...
                                X