Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where Are We Buying CSL Bumpers These Days?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post
    I'm not sure why you bothered posting those pics.

People don't mind putting shitty commie sweatshop parts on their cars because they can't afford better.​
    Trying to keep this factual for everybody else that is reading this and not interacting. There's a lot of actual bullshit going around these cars. Ultimately, you can put whatever you want on your car, as long as you're aware of its +/- and don't try to pass it off as something it isn't.

Objectively, the Alsatek is a better built unit than anything I was able to find on Vorsteiner and my personal experience with their DVWP E92 CSL trunk. The judgement is up in the air on the new parts and I won't be the one to do pass judgment on it for now.

Comment

I will just leave this here
      2001 BMW E46 M3 Laguna Seca / M-Texture 6mt
      2002 BMW E46 M3 Titanium Silver/Black 6mt
      2006 BMW E46 M3 Individual Estoril blue/Black 6mt
      2019 BMW X3 M40i Phytonic blue/Tartufo Individual

Comment

Originally posted by Gt4 View Post
        Glad you did, puts things further into perspective. Superb carbon work.

I had never see the backside of Mile End's - does he replicate and integrates a Kevlar carrier instead of the CSL-like aluminum shock absorbers?

Are you putting one on your car this year?

Comment

Beautiful

Comment

Originally posted by Epoustouflant View Post

Glad you did, puts things further into perspective. Superb carbon work.

I had never see the backside of Mile End's - does he replicate and integrates a Kevlar carrier instead of the CSL-like aluminum shock absorbers?

Are you putting one on your car this year?
            Mile End can do both the Aluminum rebar and the kevlar rebar. Those are for the Kevlar version.

I already have a Mile End CSL bumper, trunk and diffuser on my Laguna Seca M3. The diffuser is from a ‘’new’’ mold that JC did last winter but finally didn’t turn out as good as the first one people have on their car here so he didn’t sold any finally. Working on a new mold this fall.

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post

Are you referring to the made in Germany Alsatek bumper that Epoustouflant posted? People are getting so aggressive that this thread is hard to follow. Might need some clean up...
              No.

Originally posted by Epoustouflant View Post

Trying to keep this factual for everybody else that is reading this and not interacting. There's a lot of actual bullshit going around these cars. Ultimately, you can put whatever you want on your car, as long as you're aware of its +/- and don't try to pass it off as something it isn't.

Objectively, the Alsatek is a better built unit than anything I was able to find on Vorsteiner and my personal experience with their DVWP E92 CSL trunk. The judgement is up in the air on the new parts and I won't be the one to do pass judgment on it for now.
              It is always nice to see some quality work being posted. I'm not interested in any csl bodywork but it's encouraging to see the options exist for others who are.
              2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

and "companies" like Mile End are why companies like Vorsteiner are still in business. because what does it matter how good a part is if you have to wait indefinitely or jump through hoops to buy it?

Comment

Mile End can do both the Aluminum rebar and the kevlar rebar. Those are for the Kevlar version.

I already have a Mile End CSL bumper, trunk and diffuser on my Laguna Seca M3. The diffuser is from a ‘’new’’ mold that JC did last winter but finally didn’t turn out as good as the first one people have on their car here so he didn’t sold any finally. Working on a new mold this fall.
                  That looks really good. Does he pre-install the splitters or they're bonded as part of the bumper? That'd be clever and probably save them from cracking every other Summer.

Comment

Mile End Composites' mounting solution for kevlar bumpers is genius. The splitters are removable and are not pre-installed.

Comment

Originally posted by usdmej View Post

and "companies" like Mile End are why companies like Vorsteiner are still in business. because what does it matter how good a part is if you have to wait indefinitely or jump through hoops to buy it?
                      Exact. People can buy whatever they want. Mile End Composite has never been into mass production.

Anyway, once painted and installed, pretty much all CSL bumper look the same

Comment

Exact. People can buy whatever they want. Mile End Composite has never been into mass production.

Anyway, once painted and installed, pretty much all CSL bumper look the same
                        MileEnd keeps people honest with quality and a fair price - whatever that other guy is saying. These bumpers take 2 weeks to manufacture, at minimum, the pre-preg autoclave process is not rapid. There are many accessories to bond and the molds need to be serviced and maintained.

Anyways. I'll circle back in this thread once mine is on within a week or two for final fitment review.

Comment

I respect the fact that there are some real ballers here. But, why put so much money into an aging platform? To me a really expensive carbon fiber CSL style bumper is going to get ravaged unless it's some concourse show car. And if you're a low mile example awaiting for the huge classic classification wave to hit, wouldn't keeping it OEM or at least real bmw products the best way?

But, I track and beat the crap outta the car.
                          ​​​

Comment

Great to hear Mile End is still in business. What’s the best way to get in touch with them about parts inquiries?

'02 ///M3 Alpine White / Cinnamon 6MT

Comment

Originally posted by simonnim View Post
                              why put so much money into an aging platform? ​​​
                              Because new cars suck to drive.

I don't care what the car is worth, I just want to optimize it for my driving enjoyment. For me, it's the high water mark in BMW-- so I can let it get shitty and fall apart, or keep it nice and continue to enhance it to make it more what specifically I want.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                              2012 LMB/Black 128i
                              2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by AWE46M3 View Post

Great to hear Mile End is still in business. What’s the best way to get in touch with them about parts inquiries?

You need to pm me I am helping JC to sell his bumper cause he has no time to deal with customer. He has a composite business and has other customer other than E46 M3 guys!

Right now, he will only produce Carbon Fiber front bumper, it can be for aluminum or kevlar rebar. Price is 3000$ CAD. Shipping is extra. Ideally we prefer to avoid shipping cause it’s crazy expensive these days (since Covid) in Canada vs in USA or Europe. Depending where in USA JC had to ship, it was around 600$CAD…

Comment

Working...
                                X