To Sell or Mod?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by terra View Post

It’s like judging an M3 based on how a ZHP drove.
    Sounds fair to me. ZHPs are great cars; mustangs are turds.
    DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
    /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
    More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post

Haven't driven a 350, but they're pretty different. 5.2L flat plane v8, upgraded suspension, brakes, gearbox, wheels, etc.
      So are you going to buy one?

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post

So are you going to buy one?
        No but it's still not a fair comparison
        2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Just gotta watch out for those pesky GT350 oil filters coming loose and burning your car down (I think 15/16 model years only? They fixed it with a cartridge style oil filter)
          2005 ///M3 6MT Coupe Imola/M-Texture

Build Thread

Instagram

Comment

Or large crowds

Comment

I owned a 17 GT350, great car, fast, great handling, definitely not a regular GT. Sold it because it attracted to much attention. Traffic lights, parking lots, interstate, Etc. people either wanting a ‘ride’ or a ‘race.’ Picked up the M3 next, always wanted an e46, hoping airbox, cams, headers, etc. improve performance over stock. I enjoy different aspects of different cars. It’s what makes it fun. I liked the GT350 and I like the E46 too.

Comment

Had a GT350 as well... great car. Sounds amazing, fun to drive daily and at the track. It does a lot pretty well. Other priorities drove the sale of it. Still enjoy the E46 over most all I have owned... except for the 1990 964 Targa. Wish I would have kept that one.

Comment

Well I decided to maintain and mod the e46 for now. It’s better than spending 30k on a new daily driver especially when my good ol xterra won’t die. Just got all the besian parts in the mail and I’m half way through installing the headers. It’s almost therapeutic wrenching on the M3 when you can take you time.

Comment

100% agreed. The best part of having more than one car is being able to take your time and not stress finishing the project by a certain time.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                    2012 LMB/Black 128i
                    2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Kids are the reason i only have two cars. One is a daily, the E46M is the toy. There are lots of other cars i’d love to get but none that I’m willing to get rid of the M for and there isn’t time and space for anything else. Keep the daily and whichever toy you like best!

Comment

I have the E92 as a daily basically. My xterra is worth about 3k and I have driveway room several cars. So it doesn’t make sense to sell the xterra to get something nicer yet. I’m hoping in a year or 2 I can convince the wife to let me get a gen 1 raptor to replace the xterra and still keep both M cars. Those damn gen 1 raptors just don’t depreciate which is a double edged sword.

Comment

Working...
                        X