PSA - Lifetime Replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dukeofchen View Post

Yep, over the years it seems like FCP is slow rolling free shipping more and more. When I need parts where the warranty doesn't matter, and faster shipping options are exorbitant relative to the cost/size of the parts, ECS's standard option dispatches faster and transit times are quicker originating from OH vs. CT.

As long as I'm not in a huge rush it's a decent compromise between the long wait times of FCP and stealer prices.
    Hmm.

Being in PA, most of the time the free shipping gets to me overnight.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
    2012 LMB/Black 128i
    2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

More recently, it seems like FCP doesn't ship out packages with free shipping right away. Funny thing is, they process the order immediately to the point where you cannot add a part you forgot. In stock items usually get to CA in about 7 days a good percentage of the time.

Comment

I receive orders fast with the free shipping option via FCP than the paid rush shipping. Kinda ironic eh?

I got some goodies for my X5 daily. I have to admit, I was very impressed with how fast my parts came from ECS using the free shipping option. They used FedEx and I received the package after 2 days once the order was fulfilled (one part was on a 2 day back order).

Comment

Hopefully a little more competition will benefit us consumers. 🤞
          2003 Imola Red M3 w/ SMG

Comment

Originally posted by K-Dawg View Post
            Hopefully a little more competition will benefit us consumers. 🤞
            Really, that’s probably the best take. FCP had been pulling back on aspects of the lifetime warranty— hopefully this ends that.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
            2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

Looks like I'm in the minority that hasn't really had any issues with any of these guys yet.

I am thinking about trying to send my X5M rotors back to FCP for replacements after a few thousand miles though, I'll find out how easy going they are then.
              2004 Dinan S3-R M3
              2012 Dinan S1 X5M

Comment

Originally posted by 9kracing View Post
                Looks like I'm in the minority that hasn't really had any issues with any of these guys yet.

I am thinking about trying to send my X5M rotors back to FCP for replacements after a few thousand miles though, I'll find out how easy going they are then.
                why after a few thousand miles?

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post

Because throwing away perfectly serviceable parts is cool these days. I'm hoping OP meant that they actually need replacement in a few thousand miles. Easy enough to check rotor thickness with a digital caliper.

Comment

Thought about trying out the Turner bump steer kit. The kit looks okay and I'm eyeing options for those anyway, it will likely need replacement fairly soon and often, and is a low cost item, so there's nothing much lost if there is any fuckkery about their definition of "fully used"
                    http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
                    '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
                    '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post

When I did the rear Brembo conversion on the X5 I put on the newer X5M drilled rotors, and Brembo pads all the way around. Since I got it back, it's had an unbearable squealing when I come to a stop.

I think I'm going to swap out pads on it, but rather than have the rotors turned I'll probably ship them back and get new ones.
                      2004 Dinan S3-R M3
                      2012 Dinan S1 X5M

Comment

When I did the rear Brembo conversion on the X5 I put on the newer X5M drilled rotors, and Brembo pads all the way around. Since I got it back, it's had an unbearable squealing when I come to a stop.

I think I'm going to swap out pads on it, but rather than have the rotors turned I'll probably ship them back and get new ones.
                        Really can’t turn drilled rotors unless the shop is willing to ruin their expensive carbide bits.

Comment

Either you need more brake lube or the pads are cheap/too aggressive. Rotors wont help squealing at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Nate047 View Post
                            “Customers who return misused, incorrectly installed, modified items or return items before they have failed or are fully-used, will not be eligible for the Lifetime Replacement Program.

This is the fine print you need to worry about. Send back a brake pad with 1/32th of life left and they might say sorry, that isn’t “fully used”
                            To be clear, is this FCP's new policy, or ECS/Turner/Pelican's policy?

I've swapped out my oil at least a dozen times in the last 5 years, Castrol SRF brake fluid every season, and now CSL rotors/996 Hawk track pads the last 3 season and never had FCP balk at the LRP request. Hope this isn't changing!

Comment

Originally posted by S14 View Post

I've swapped out my oil at least a dozen times in the last 5 years, Castrol SRF brake fluid every season, and now CSL rotors/996 Hawk track pads the last 3 season and never had FCP balk at the LRP request. Hope this isn't changing!
                              ECS/Turner
                              http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
                              '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
                              '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Originally posted by S14 View Post

You should be fine for items you genuinely got the full use out of (80-90% usage). They probably have a system to mark anyone who is incorrectly (abusing) using the policy. Don't return 50% used pads or rotors and it should be fine. Also, their support tends to be pretty good, so you can always make a support case about a return.

Comment

Working...
                                X