No announcement yet.

Phone Mount Setups & Bluetooth integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

+1 for the Panavise mount. Ive had a version of that mount running my 325Ci for 10+ years, i think i got it from Bimmian when that existed lol.

Ultimate goal is to get the bluebus, but currently using AUX input with a bluetooth adapter with a mic. I added USB charger port and the Aux connect inside my sunglasses compartment.

that iBolt phone holder is like 10 years old, looking to replace it with proclip phone holder

Click image for larger version

Name:	MicrosoftTeams-image (17).jpg
Views:	289
Size:	155.9 KB
ID:	229995

Name:	MicrosoftTeams-image (18).jpg
Views:	277
Size:	150.5 KB
ID:	229996

Comment

I went with a panavise dash mount with a gravity phone mount I found on amazon. Didn’t like the magnetic options for spirited driving.

Name:	IMG_2655.jpg
Views:	290
Size:	105.7 KB
ID:	229998

Name:	IMG_2656.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	131.3 KB
ID:	229999

For bluetooth (carplay) I replaced my business cd radio with an avant avin 4

Comment

I use a ProClip Angled Dash Mount with a Magsafe magnet stuck to it. Prior to Magsafe, I had a Scosche Magic Mount stuck to the Proclip. I wanted something plastic with rounded edges in case a passenger or myself comes in contact with it during a crash. The Rennline and Panavise mounts are metal and scare me.

BlueBus sounds like THE solution for most people, and the Carphonics conversion looks interesting as well. I had a Grom BT3 for a while before I went Dynavin (and removed all the factory stuff in the trunk except the amplifier), but it had some sound quality issues IIRC.
        2003 Imola Red M3 w/ SMG

Comment

Originally posted by cobra View Post
          I am aware of the BlueBus thread but I am reading about some weird glitches with it needing to be power cycled and draining batteries and whatnot...
          I actually came here to update everyone on that thread about the drain issue when I saw this post. I'll spare the details for that thread, but the short and sweet is that the issue is resolved, and it wasn't *entirely* the fault of the BlueBus.

As for the two bugs requiring the unit to be power cycled: those have been resolved in the newest firmware builds, for quite some time.

Originally posted by K-Dawg View Post
          The Carphonics conversion looks interesting as well.
          The Bluetooth option they have was lackluster, IMO. I looked at that fairly in depth before I decided to make my own Bluetooth solution.

-Ted

Comment

Originally posted by AWE46M3 View Post
            +1 for Rennline for phone mount. I bought a larger magnetic pad on Amazon and swapped out the stock one Rennline gave me which is smaller so my iPhone 14 Pro (which has magsafe magnets on the back) could be held by the mount without a case that has a magnetic plate in it.

Picture of the magnet pad - the bracket tucks behind the dash trim and is held in by a screw. Super clean (and sturdy) setup.

I like this idea. I actually ordered the ProClip MagMount for the driver side air vent.....I don't like it. It totally obscures airflow from that vent. I just placed an order for the Rennline mount, and will reuse the MagMount from ProClips.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9736.jpg Views:	0 Size:	93.7 KB ID:	230387

Comment

I've been looking for a sturdy and less floppy type of car/phone mount for a long time that's less damaging to the interior (screws or what not). Anyone looked into https://www.quadlockcase.com/collections/shop-car

Comment

Found the Rennline mount that works with my MagSafe iPhone case.
                I have Bluebus ready to install this week!

Comment

Originally posted by theOracle View Post
                  Found the Rennline mount that works with my MagSafe iPhone case.
                  I have Bluebus ready to install this week!
                  I really need to grab one of those, maybe on the independence day sale.

Comment

These are a little expensive, but this is what I'd like to get. A wireless charger base that replaces one of the cup holders and coin holder.

BMW E46 3 SERIES (INCLUDING M3) INDUKTIV Wireless Device Charging Unit Available in 3 colors: Black , Grey , and Tan Works with all Qi enabled devices (iPhone 8/8S/9/9S/10/X/11/12/13/14/15 including Pro / Plus / Max models, Android devices, Samsung, LG, ETC) also works with Qi enabled ear phones (Galaxy Buds, AirPod v2
                    E46 324i k24/dct/turbo Build Thread
                    Phoenix Yellow e46m3 Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by liam821 View Post
                      These are a little expensive, but this is what I'd like to get. A wireless charger base that replaces one of the cup holders and coin holder.

https://induktivcharging.com/product...-charging-unit
                      I'll be selling mine. Its not suitable for the Iphones with the cameras that poke out of the body plus my phone turns shit hot while on charge too (Both android and iphone). Replacing it with OE Cupholders and getting a rennline mount

Comment

Originally posted by 0-60motorsports View Post

I'll be selling mine. Its not suitable for the Iphones with the cameras that poke out of the body plus my phone turns shit hot while on charge too (Both android and iphone). Replacing it with OE Cupholders and getting a rennline mount
                        Well bummer. I have an iPhone 14 Pro Max. Thanks for the tip. 👍
                        E46 324i k24/dct/turbo Build Thread
                        Phoenix Yellow e46m3 Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by liam821 View Post

Well bummer. I have an iPhone 14 Pro Max. Thanks for the tip. 👍
                          The max will fit better than my 14pro. I have to put it in the upper right corner for it to charge

Comment

Originally posted by AWE46M3 View Post
                            +1 for Rennline for phone mount. I bought a larger magnetic pad on Amazon and swapped out the stock one Rennline gave me which is smaller so my iPhone 14 Pro (which has magsafe magnets on the back) could be held by the mount without a case that has a magnetic plate in it.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5397.jpg Views:	332 Size:	108.9 KB ID:	229884

Picture of the magnet pad - the bracket tucks behind the dash trim and is held in by a screw. Super clean (and sturdy) setup.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Untitled.jpg Views:	325 Size:	117.7 KB ID:	229885

I also have the rennline mount and love it. Bought one for my winter beater too (mk4 gti).

I have a question about your dynavin bracket there with the usb hub on it. How is the wiring done on this? I was looking at buying one and wasn't sure about where these get power?

EDIT: I jumped the gun and saw you already spoke about this AND posted an install video. Thanks!

Still stand by the rennline mounts, they are great. I even tracked with my phone on there and it didnt go anywhere.
                            Last edited by M3llowM3; 04-24-2024, 05:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X