Slon Workshop E46 M3 Carbon Front Triangulating Reinforcement Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Obioban View Post

I have actually broken my stock strut tower brace twice, now that you mention it...
    Oh man, now I feel bad for doggin this guy on the book for breaking these…

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post

If you're going for a full cage, then might as well skip those and just tie the cage in everywhere (strut towers, subframe mounting points, etc.). Not going to be very street friendly though...

Wait what, how?​
      The end plates are cast aluminum and like to crack and break.

Comment

Originally posted by EthanolTurbo View Post
        Thanks for the posts and info guys. I want this thing. So sick. Wonder what the car feels like with this, a cage and rear strut brace/reinforcements. Might be my path in the future.
        Shouldn't need a rear strut brace with a cage, and a half cage is as much as you can get while being street friendly.
        Last edited by Cronenberged; 09-20-2023, 08:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post

If you're going for a full cage, then might as well skip those and just tie the cage in everywhere (strut towers, subframe mounting points, etc.). Not going to be very street friendly though...

Wait what, how?​
          I want it to be street friendly but it's also a toy at this point. I don't use the back seats really. I want to do a high quality rear seat delete if I don't swap in the Imola interior.

The Z4M got it right: an S54 really needs just two seats maximum to shine. Driving people in the rear of the E46 coupe sucks ass and never happens.
          Last edited by EthanolTurbo; 09-20-2023, 08:05 PM.
          Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

I want it to be street friendly but it's also a toy at this point. I don't use the back seats really. I want to do a high quality rear seat delete if I don't swap in the Imola interior.

The Z4M got it right: an S54 really needs just two seats maximum to shine. Driving people in the rear of the E46 coupe sucks ass and never happens.
            I have kids that enjoy the hell of a spirited run. Both are boys and the booster seats don't hold them in for shit if I don't lock in their seat belts.

Track days is where the E46 shines...
            2002 M3 Carbon Schwarz/Black 6MT

Comment

Originally posted by IamFODI View Post
              However much you paid for each of your cars, let alone all 6 of them?

For a car?

Huh?

Bro you drive to work, then to Wegman's.

The hell lol
              I have about 5 months of weather to utilize 6 ish cars.

Not every car is a track car/Lime Rock sucks on sound limits.

Also, NE roads are horrendous and I gotta get to work.

I refuse to drive a mediocre car so that I can spend 5k on a strut bar for weekend use lol.

This is going into the "would be nice to have but is as overrated as a CSL intake" bucket.

Truthfully, I was expecting every bit of $2k.
              2004 BMW ///M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon 6MT
              2005 BMW ///M3
              Interlagos Blue/Black 6MT Dinan S3-R

2008 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Bamboo/6MT Track Build
              2000 BMW ///M5 Royal Red/Extended Caramel 6MT
              2004 BMW X5 Toledo Blue/Sand Beige 6MT
              2023 Toyota Supra //A91-MT CULG/Hazelnut 6MT

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post

If you only use your car in a way where it doesn't actually make sense to be driving an M3, then, yes, this product will not benefit you.
                Man you should see my parking garage full of 911 Turbos then lol.

I guess this boils down to the fact that I know the car will never be a GT3 so I stopped trying to make it one.

What I said above still sticks though, seems worth every bit of $2k, maybe this is early buying hyped up pricing?
                2004 BMW ///M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon 6MT
                2005 BMW ///M3
                Interlagos Blue/Black 6MT Dinan S3-R

2008 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Bamboo/6MT Track Build
                2000 BMW ///M5 Royal Red/Extended Caramel 6MT
                2004 BMW X5 Toledo Blue/Sand Beige 6MT
                2023 Toyota Supra //A91-MT CULG/Hazelnut 6MT

Instagram

Comment

Hmm… don’t tell my daughter. The M3 is her favorite car to ride in 😜

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                  2012 LMB/Black 128i
                  2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by Sharocks View Post

I guess this boils down to the fact that I know the car will never be a GT3 so I stopped trying to make it one.

What I said above still sticks though, seems worth every bit of $2k, maybe this is early buying hyped up pricing?
                    911 Turbo is kind of a funny counter example-- outside of the mercedes SL (if we consider that a sports car), it's probably the sports car most optimized for old man comfort cruising? I'd argue it's one of the sports cars that most gets use for what it's actually designed for.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                    2012 LMB/Black 128i
                    2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

It will never be a GT3, but it was the GT3 beater in period (in CSL guise of course). I was also a bit lost on the price of this piece but was super excited for it coming out (waited patiently for the reviews, even though the writing was on the wall with SLON's other products and his personal M3 as an example). Like many of the parts out there, id consider this an end game addition, as in it doesn't get any better. As well, the argument of having so many cars for you to choose from in a shortened time span, imho, makes that much more of a case for this addition to the M3 to elevate the experience. I dont listen to many people on part reviews, the few whose opinions really matter on the subject are here in this forum.

Yes it's definitely price prohibitive, Yes ill still add it at some point.
                      2006 Silber Grau Metalizat ZCP 6 MT M-texture (F2AT) - Turner CSL V2/Schrick 280 272/SSv1/SS Sec1/Sec2 dual res/SCZA TI (raw) - FatCat stage 3 ult 400f/784r - EC7r 18x9.5 ET35/CRS 275/35/18 - RacingBrake BBK/MileEnd CSL bumper/Vorsteiner Trunk/Cobra Nogaro Circuit Mtexture/GC RCA/YURKan Cages/Hotchkiss/Vibra-technics/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/htrlo/

Comment

I have about 5 months of weather to utilize 6 ish cars.

Not every car is a track car/Lime Rock sucks on sound limits.

Also, NE roads are horrendous and I gotta get to work.

I refuse to drive a mediocre car so that I can spend 5k on a strut bar for weekend use lol.
                        You are six figures into "refusing to drive a mediocre car" 5 months out of the year for boring day-to-day stuff on bumpy roads.

I'm not saying that's bad. What I'm saying is, if you think that's reasonable, I'm sure you can squint hard enough to understand why someone might be comfortable spending less than $5k to improve a car by the margins we're hearing about from people who have reviewed this mod.
                        Last edited by IamFODI; 09-21-2023, 10:02 AM.
                        2008 M3 Sedan 6MT
                        Slicktop, no iDrive | Öhlins by 3DM Motorsport | Autosolutions | SPL

2012 Mazda5 6MT
                        Koni Special Active, Volvo parts

Comment

I'm surprised someone with six cars is complaining about the price of an expensive mod.
                          2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Yea, but isn't the entire point of living in a god forsaken winter hellscape to save money so you can do cool shit? Like to make your M3 the best it can possibly be, for those precious few moments you have to enjoy driving it?
                            http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
                            '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
                            '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post
                              I'm surprised someone with six cars is complaining about the price of an expensive mod.
                              I understand his point. $5k buys a lot of parts, mods, tunes etc on other cars. This particular part is more of a sign of the "excessiveness" that the E46 M3 platform is evolving into (excessively priced NLA or maintenanceparts, excessively priced mods, excessively priced entry point) and the excessiveness continues to rise, kinda more into Porsche territory. Pretty hard to justify $5k for a big dog single item strut brace even if it massively improves the car when you can spread that $5k out and do more bang for the buck improvements on other cars.

Dude isn't ballin with a new manual Supra because he unwisely spends his mod money, that's for sure.
                              Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

Originally posted by Nate047 View Post
                                Yea, but isn't the entire point of living in a god forsaken winter hellscape to save money so you can do cool shit? Like to make your M3 the best it can possibly be, for those precious few moments you have to enjoy driving it?
                                It’s so that we can make buckets of money without living in the burning hellscape that is California. Also winter absolutely rules and driving in the snow rules too. I wish we got more of it. Sadly the seven months of winter or whatever is wrong, it’s more like two.

Comment

Working...
                                X