Vorsteiner parts are now available!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

9kracing, bmwfnatic

You guys talking about this where the bumper looks like it's 1/4" too narrow?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2023-10-05-13-17-04-63_3aea4af51f236e4932235fdada7d1643-01.jpg
Views:	399
Size:	35.8 KB
ID:	236728

And side profile looking slightly off?

Name:	246970544-01.jpg
Views:	389
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	236729
    Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

Since these are all the OE CSL rep parts, I'm not super interested.

Also, unsure if the trunk is double sided 1x1 CF like my current trunk is.

The one on my car weighs 9 lbs IIRC.
      2004 BMW ///M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon 6MT
      2005 BMW ///M3
      Interlagos Blue/Black 6MT Dinan S3-R

2008 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Bamboo/6MT Track Build
      2000 BMW ///M5 Royal Red/Extended Caramel 6MT
      2004 BMW X5 Toledo Blue/Sand Beige 6MT
      2023 Toyota Supra //A91-MT CULG/Hazelnut 6MT

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Casa de Mesa View Post
        9kracing, bmwfnatic

You guys talking about this where the bumper looks like it's 1/4" too narrow?
        That, and the pretty big gap right here

Name:	Screenshot 2023-10-05 110414.png
Views:	397
Size:	684.7 KB
ID:	236735

2004 Dinan S3-R M3
        2012 Dinan S1 X5M

Comment

Originally posted by Gt4 View Post

Would you imply that the parts are designed in the USA but manufactured overseas and that the container has just arrived?
          I'm not implying anything especially since dude above stated they're made in GG. Has anyone seen their "facility"?

There doesn't seem to be any transparency, no pictures of any means of production, it's just sheer marketing 101 with processed photos and advertisements.

I see they show some cncs at work but their bread and butter has always been carbon fiber right? Has anyone seen them working on cf before?

PS. The bumper fitment looks sad. Seems they're trying to capitalize on the e46 hype.
          2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Originally posted by 9kracing View Post

That, and the pretty big gap right here

Name:	Screenshot 2023-10-05 110414.png
Views:	397
Size:	684.7 KB
ID:	236735
            That gap actually looks fine to me. I have never been able to get it tighter due to the bumper gasket and on my JB M3 it looks perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharocks View Post
              Also, unsure if the trunk is double sided 1x1 CF like my current trunk is.

The one on my car weighs 9 lbs IIRC.
              Which one do you have?
              Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Casa de Mesa View Post

Which one do you have?
                VCSL Double Sided 1x1
                2004 BMW ///M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon 6MT
                2005 BMW ///M3
                Interlagos Blue/Black 6MT Dinan S3-R

2008 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Bamboo/6MT Track Build
                2000 BMW ///M5 Royal Red/Extended Caramel 6MT
                2004 BMW X5 Toledo Blue/Sand Beige 6MT
                2023 Toyota Supra //A91-MT CULG/Hazelnut 6MT

Instagram

Comment

I just looked at their wheel lineup and holy shit even HRE thinks that's expensive.
                  2004 Dinan S3-R M3
                  2012 Dinan S1 X5M

Comment

Went to order the diffuser, seems only ships to USA… I’m in Canada

Also, the free shipping yesterday seems to be gone… I had added to cart yesterday and was going to ship it to my Ogdensburg, NY address, and it was free…Now it is $280 shipping.

I have an MEC front bumper, but yesterday the Vorsteiner was also free shipping, now $400 to ship.

Hoping MEC comes with their diffuser
                    Last edited by JaredU; 10-05-2023, 08:00 PM.

Comment

I have their Gen1 VCSL diffuser, the front bumper is tempting but I bought an OEM Euro front bumper and carbon lip already. In the future I may look for a CSL front bumper to match everything else but I do like the look of the USDM design if I'm honest.

Comment

Full disclosure, I have no association with Vorsteiner, and I get nothing out of posting this (I wish). I simply called and asked the questions you were all asking. Below is their answers as of 10/6/23:

Trunk:
                        The trunk is 1x1 double sided exposed carbon fiber (inside and outside). It uses all the factory mounting hardware and was designed to accept the factory trunk carpet liner. The trunk was tested on multiple cars and fitment was good. Fitment on sample photos (passenger's side being high) likely an adjustment issue. No weight at this time, weights coming soon.

Front Bumper:
                        The bumper was molded off an original CSL bumper. They ordered directly through BMW after providing a CSL VIN. The bumper was designed for a kevlar reinforcement bar. They added an insert where the bumper meets the reinforcement so that it sits higher and closes the horizontal gap (between bumper and fender) more. The OEM plastic mesh grill and intake mesh grill fit with no issue. No weight at this time, weights coming soon.

Production:
                        All Vorsteiner and Gunther Werks products are made in house at their facility in California. When they produce the next batch of CSL products, they will snap photographs of the mold/process at their facility. Some of their process is proprietary, and they won't photograph/share every detail, but they seemed keen to prove that the parts were indeed made in house.

Shipping/Will-Call:
                        Shipping is as shown on the website. Will-call (free pickup) is available as an option now. They will ship out of the country but not directly from their website. To ship to Canada, etc, you will need to order through a distributor.

Paint/Installation:
                        They offer a paint and installation service at their facility in California. The painter is the same person who does their Gunther Werks cars. Call for pricing.

Nick said he was happy to answer additional questions. Email Nick@Vorsteiner.com

Comment

Originally posted by WestBankM4 View Post
                          I have their Gen1 VCSL diffuser, the front bumper is tempting but I bought an OEM Euro front bumper and carbon lip already. In the future I may look for a CSL front bumper to match everything else but I do like the look of the USDM design if I'm honest.
                          Thinking the same but I have the Euro also - aside question, but is there any carbon lip for the Euro that’s of decent quality ? Does Slon or Karbonius or similar make one ?

Comment

Originally posted by LeeForst View Post

Thinking the same but I have the Euro also - aside question, but is there any carbon lip for the Euro that’s of decent quality ? Does Slon or Karbonius or similar make one ?
                            Karbonius makes the best fitting CSL style splitters and MK Trackparts makes the best fitting one piece splitter/lip - https://www.mk-motorsportteile.de/en...plitter-m3-e46

Comment

Originally posted by Slideways View Post

Karbonius makes the best fitting CSL style splitters and MK Trackparts makes the best fitting one piece splitter/lip - https://www.mk-motorsportteile.de/en...plitter-m3-e46
                              I thought Karb discontinued them

Comment

Hmm. I wonder if V would take in a car and apply the full works and return to the owner as a turn key car. A poor man’s Gunther Werks, of sorts.

Comment

Working...
                                X