Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LeeForst View Post

I thought Karb discontinued them
    It says "temporarily out of stock" on the website, so probably not much demand. Unfortunately, those had the best fitment from the photos.
    Last edited by Slideways; 10-06-2023, 03:30 PM.

Comment

I have them... they're still a bit wonky, despite supposedly being the best there is. I haven't actually installed them yet because of it.

The upper corners stick out quite a bit once you get them fitted at the bottom, enough that the factory double sided tape allegedly doesn't stick... and I can totally see that just test fitting them. One of the other members said he removed the tape and used silicone.

I have a MEC bumper now, I'll probably end up selling mine sooner than later, they're still brand new.
      2004 Dinan S3-R M3
      2012 Dinan S1 X5M

Comment

Originally posted by E36 PWR View Post
        Full disclosure, I have no association with Vorsteiner, and I get nothing out of posting this (I wish). I simply called and asked the questions you were all asking. Below is their answers as of 10/6/23:

Trunk:
        The trunk is 1x1 double sided exposed carbon fiber (inside and outside). It uses all the factory mounting hardware and was designed to accept the factory trunk carpet liner. The trunk was tested on multiple cars and fitment was good. Fitment on sample photos (passenger's side being high) likely an adjustment issue. No weight at this time, weights coming soon.

Front Bumper:
        The bumper was molded off an original CSL bumper. They ordered directly through BMW after providing a CSL VIN. The bumper was designed for a kevlar reinforcement bar. They added an insert where the bumper meets the reinforcement so that it sits higher and closes the horizontal gap (between bumper and fender) more. The OEM plastic mesh grill and intake mesh grill fit with no issue. No weight at this time, weights coming soon.

Production:
        All Vorsteiner and Gunther Werks products are made in house at their facility in California. When they produce the next batch of CSL products, they will snap photographs of the mold/process at their facility. Some of their process is proprietary, and they won't photograph/share every detail, but they seemed keen to prove that the parts were indeed made in house.

Shipping/Will-Call:
        Shipping is as shown on the website. Will-call (free pickup) is available as an option now. They will ship out of the country but not directly from their website. To ship to Canada, etc, you will need to order through a distributor.

Paint/Installation:
        They offer a paint and installation service at their facility in California. The painter is the same person who does their Gunther Werks cars. Call for pricing.

Nick said he was happy to answer additional questions. Email Nick@Vorsteiner.com
        Correction here, it's highly doubtful they ordered a csl bumper using a VIN. Parts tech in NJ put an end to this around 2006 unless something changed which I doubt because they've become progressively more stringent over time.

It would be very, no, incredibly impressive making hundreds of carbon aero parts for all sorts of cars here. Karbonius can't even keep up with a small catalog of bmw parts.​​
        2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Originally posted by 9kracing View Post
          I have a MEC bumper now, I'll probably end up selling mine sooner than later, they're still brand new.
          How would you and others rate the Mile End Composites quality compared to Genuine BMW CSL? And with the MEC, do you need the aluminum front bumper carrier conversion?

If the Vorsteiner front bumper is compatible with the kevlar front bumper support, that's very appealing to me.

Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Casa de Mesa View Post

How would you and others rate the Mile End Composites quality compared to Genuine BMW CSL? And with the MEC, do you need the aluminum front bumper carrier conversion?

If the Vorsteiner front bumper is compatible with the kevlar front bumper support, that's very appealing to me.
            MEC have always been the only one available for the kevlar carrier. And MEC also have a aluminum version.

Vorsteiner was only for aluminum carrier in the past like OEM CSL.
            2002 BMW E46 M3 Titanium Silver/M-Texture 6mt
            2006 BMW E46 M3 Individual Estoril blue/Black 6mt
            2019 BMW X3 M40i Phytonic blue/Tartufo Individual

Comment

I was browsing their website looking for more pictures of the V-CSL Diffuser when I stumbled upon some more products. They rather quietly posted a whole new set of E46 M3 parts. No info posted, but heres what I found reviewing the pictures.

Front bumper
              Dual hole (larger as well) with teardrop shape, lower opening of mouth has 3 scallops (like the M2 competition bumpers), 1-piece lip with vents in the middle.
              Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2023-10-30 at 12.21.55.png Views:	16 Size:	645.2 KB ID:	239928

Hood
              Factory look with two aggressive vents near the power dome. The vents seem to stick up quite a bit. I think the hood looks amazing.
              Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2023-10-30 at 12.16.13.png Views:	0 Size:	927.8 KB ID:	239925

Diffuser:
              Gives off F10 M5/ M5CS vibes, two vents in the middle, matching the piece front lip, two additional fins in the lower middle section.
              Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2023-10-30 at 12.15.47.png Views:	0 Size:	888.1 KB ID:	239927

Fender Vent:
              Again, to me, gives off F10 M5CS vibes, hard to tell but looks goldish in color.
              Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2023-10-30 at 12.16.02.png Views:	0 Size:	804.6 KB ID:	239926

Trunk:
              edit* Not sure what the difference is between this and the V-CSL appears to be the same?
              Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2023-10-30 at 12.16.49.png Views:	0 Size:	621.8 KB ID:	239923
              Last edited by Avedis; 10-30-2023, 12:51 PM.

Comment

I was browsing their website looking for more pictures of the V-CSL Diffuser when I stumbled upon some more products. They rather quietly posted a whole new set of E46 M3 parts. No info posted, but heres what I found reviewing the pictures.

Front bumper
                Dual hole (larger as well) with teardrop shape, lower opening of mouth has 3 scallops (like the M2 competition bumpers), 1-piece lip with vents in the middle.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-10-30 at 12.21.55.png
Views:	331
Size:	645.2 KB
ID:	239928

Hood
                Factory look with two aggressive vents near the power dome. The vents seem to stick up quite a bit. I think the hood looks amazing.
                Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2023-10-30 at 12.16.13.png Views:	0 Size:	927.8 KB ID:	239925

Diffuser:
                Gives off F10 M5/ M5CS vibes, two vents in the middle, matching the piece front lip, two additional fins in the lower middle section.
                Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2023-10-30 at 12.15.47.png Views:	0 Size:	888.1 KB ID:	239927

Fender Vent:
                Again, to me, gives off F10 M5CS vibes, hard to tell but looks goldish in color.
                Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2023-10-30 at 12.16.02.png Views:	0 Size:	804.6 KB ID:	239926

Trunk:
                Appears to be exactly same as the V-CSL trunk, other than being made out of 1x1 instead of 2x2 found in the V-CSL.
                Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2023-10-30 at 12.16.49.png Views:	0 Size:	621.8 KB ID:	239923
                Damn those parts look good! The bumper and hood are very nice.

Comment

This is what I waiting to spend on.

Now I just have to spend on it and I don't wanna lol
                  2004 BMW ///M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon 6MT
                  2005 BMW ///M3
                  Interlagos Blue/Black 6MT Dinan S3-R

2008 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Bamboo/6MT Track Build
                  2000 BMW ///M5 Royal Red/Extended Caramel 6MT
                  2004 BMW X5 Toledo Blue/Sand Beige 6MT
                  2023 Toyota Supra //A91-MT CULG/Hazelnut 6MT

Instagram

Comment

The hood is cool
                    http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
                    '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
                    '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Front bumper
                      Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot 2023-10-30 at 12.21.55.png Views:	16 Size:	645.2 KB ID:	239928

Hood
                      Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot 2023-10-30 at 12.16.13.png Views:	0 Size:	927.8 KB ID:	239925

Diffuser:
                      Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot 2023-10-30 at 12.15.47.png Views:	0 Size:	888.1 KB ID:	239927

Fender Vent:
                      Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot 2023-10-30 at 12.16.02.png Views:	0 Size:	804.6 KB ID:	239926

Trunk:
                      edit* Not sure what the difference is between this and the V-CSL appears to be the same?
                      Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot 2023-10-30 at 12.16.49.png Views:	0 Size:	621.8 KB ID:	239923
                      Looks like an auto zone catalog to me.

Comment

Looks like absolute trash save the boot which is a pure rep. Hood's ok, if you want vents for a track car.
                        DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                        /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                        More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

There sure is a lot going on...the front bumper looks cool but pretty hefty price tag for a piece that's gonna take the most abuse.

For the money, I'm still going to buy OE CSL or Karbonius CSL trunk.
                          /// 2004 SGM/IR - Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
                            Looks like absolute trash save the boot which is a pure rep. Hood's ok, if you want vents for a track car.
                            Agreed. Not really feeling any of it, which sucks because I was looking forward to this release. Moving on ...
                            2003.5 BMW M3 Carbon Schwarz Metallic/Cinnamon 6 Speed – HTE Tuning | Kassel CSL DME | AA Headers | AA Section 1 | SS Resonated Section 2 | SS Race Section 3 | TMS V2 CSL Airbox | TMS Street Plates | Ohlin’s R&T Coilovers | Ground Control Front and Rear Sways | Ground Control Adjustable Camber Arms | DMG Autosport Pro46R | FreakyParts BBK Front | Porsche 996 Conversion Rear | CMP Stage 1 + 1.5 Reinforcement Plates | CMP Subframe Bushings | CMP RTAB’s | SGT CSL Bumper | SGT CSL Trunk | Dr VANOS

Comment

I wonder if they will do any profit on those side grills…
                              2002 BMW E46 M3 Titanium Silver/M-Texture 6mt
                              2006 BMW E46 M3 Individual Estoril blue/Black 6mt
                              2019 BMW X3 M40i Phytonic blue/Tartufo Individual

Comment

no information on any of these new parts too! the lack of transparency is frustrating

Comment

Working...
                                X