Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M3 Stablemates: What else do you have in the garage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very Nice photos and Cars Everyone! Thanks for sharing!
    I originally bought the E46 on the old M3Forum back in '04. I absolutely love the car. Have not been on the forums much lately, as life has just gotten busy, but used to go on some of the group events held wayback then. I originally tracked and streeted the E46, but now it is mostly a garage queen. Will be converting the SMG to manual soon, as that is what I wanted from the beginning, but the deal was really good for it. I enjoyed the SMG too, but overall, prefer manuals.
    Bought the E30 and raced it for 2 1/2 years and now just instruct. Have met a lot of really Great People at the tracks and enjoy driving fast there instead of on the street.
    It has had a lot of development, car originally built by RRT they Raced and I got it from them when they decided to sell it back in '07.
    My Jeep was and still isa fun project and I built it from the ground up.​
    Last edited by Mpassioned; 11-10-2023, 10:26 AM.

Comment

I bought a new daily slash project car. 2018 Mustang GT. Not a single option from the factory. 22,000 miles and super clean. Wheels, tires, coilovers, intake, tune, exhaust, recaros, and chassis stiffening bits are on my to do list. I didn't have a V8 anymore as I've sold two in the last few months. I had a Mach 1 but it was so nice I couldn't bring myself to touch it. Living in TN the color seemed appropriate.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4682.jpg Views:	0 Size:	438.2 KB ID:	246017

3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Ha! Go Vols!

maw

Comment

Originally posted by oceansize View Post
          I bought a new daily slash project car. 2018 Mustang GT. Not a single option from the factory. 22,000 miles and super clean. Wheels, tires, coilovers, intake, tune, exhaust, recaros, and chassis stiffening bits are on my to do list. I didn't have a V8 anymore as I've sold two in the last few months. I had a Mach 1 but it was so nice I couldn't bring myself to touch it. Living in TN the color seemed appropriate.

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_4682.jpg Views:	0 Size:	438.2 KB ID:	246017
          Hell yeah brotha!! These are such good platforms and that Coyote motor is pretty amazing. Keep us posted on what you end up doing with it!!
          Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

Great thread!

93 Acura Legend 6speed
            14 Porsche Cayenne GTS
            91 Acura NSX 5speed
            ​​​​

Comment

I guess I did it backwards - got into old 911s before I got into BMW's but alas here we are.

Comment

Originally posted by SkunkWorks View Post
                I guess I did it backwards - got into old 911s before I got into BMW's but alas here we are.
                Very nice!
                2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
                Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
                Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
                RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
                Instagram

Comment

Just recently got another E46 this past summer after a 5 year hiatus. But I never left the S54 life. They are all manual. The E92 was originally DCT that I converted to 6MT and the E46 was originally SMG, also now converted.

Tons of cars in between. Several E9x M3's, an F87 M2, a 987 Cayman S, etc.

To me, the best M car by my definition is the Z4M Coupe. It is by far the most raw, engaging, stiff M car I've ever driven. The E46 is a boat by comparison (in stock trim). The Z4M does beat you up after driving for a whole though, the E46 does the split personality thing better.

The F80 is the best out of the box, just needs a flash tune and coilovers. The E92 is incredible but mine is heavily modded in the form of suspension/weight reduction/drivetrain mods. In stock trim its very vanilla and leaves a lot to be desired.

Despite having all these cars I still felt compelled to get another E46. Had a bunch of them in my early-mid 20's but I was younger with less disposable income. I feel like I have unfinished business with this platform.

Attached Files

Comment

Me Too e46xi…I sold my e46 ZCP Interlagos Blue M3 in 2015 and my e36 Imola Red E36 M3 in 2015 to explore the Porsche world. Found an insane Porsche 997.2 911 S with only 20,000 miles. Also found a 2013 Porsche Cayenne Turbo. Love them both but always regretted selling the e36 M3 and E46 ZCP M3. Accordingly, I bought a 2003 E46 M3 vert last October. So happy I did. Indeed, I come from the manual world of BMWs and Porsches but have to admit that i am really enjoying this SMG. BMWs are in my blood for sure…I have owned BMWs since 1990. Here is the time line…1990 E30 Delphin Blue 325i, 2003 e46 Gunmetal Blue 330i, 1995 e36 Montreal Blue 325i Vert, 2004 ZHP e46 Orient Blue 330i, 1990 White e30 325i vert, 1998 Imola Red e36 M3, 2005 ZCP Interlagos Blue e46 M3, and finally my 2003 Black/Black/Imola Red e46 M3 Vert.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1642.jpg
Views:	289
Size:	178.3 KB
ID:	247129 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1636.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	182.4 KB
ID:	247131 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0950.jpg
Views:	289
Size:	171.7 KB
ID:	247130 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7536.jpg
Views:	301
Size:	202.2 KB
ID:	247128
                    Last edited by Echo46Z; 12-28-2023, 06:12 AM.

Comment

This thread = holy grail unlocked

Comment

Originally posted by AntRyv View Post
                        This thread = holy grail unlocked
                        It's why car guys congregate online... shared illness... that and DIY tips... my car to people ratio is higher than the TV to people ratio... makes zero sense.

I just realized I have failed to post pics of the stablemates. I guess now I see why… Fn thing won’t let me upload.

maw
                        Last edited by maw1124; 12-28-2023, 10:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by maw1124 View Post
                          my car to people ratio is higher than the TV to people ratio...
                          That's hilarious. I hadn't thought about it before, but same
                          2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post
                            I hadn't thought about it before, but same
                            Literally buying cars like they're TVs... it's a sickness.

maw

Comment

Just got into an E30 M3. Decided to stick with silver cars and got the E30 in sterling silver. A lovely little car to drive.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Actuary View Post
                                Just got into an E30 M3. Decided to stick with silver cars and got the E30 in sterling silver. A lovely little car to drive.
                                Hope to see you around Irvine sometime!

Comment

Working...
                                X