• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MSS54 CSL conversion Car refuses to start , wrong MAP value

Hello guys.
    This is Rodrigo from Spain.
    I have a nice laguna seca 2001 e46 M3.

I recently finish my own CSL replica airbox.
    I had to convert my MSS54 to CSL. So i loaded the full CSL bin and modied the tune after to manual, stock cams, control cruise etc ....
    I can read/write ECU, connect with INPA, testo etc, however i can not read codes with OBD but yes with INPA, no idea why. I took the OBD CSL VMAX unregulated bin, so I imagine i should be able to connect via OBD.
    After finish with the sensors (IAT & Map) i checked values with testo and IAT was correct however MAP im getting 1200 mbar instead of 1000.
    The car tries to start but dies right away. it might be the MAP wrong reading ???
    Im using BOSCH map sensor : 0 261 230 101 and i change 7.15 KOhm resistor and rescaling at 0xC476 change "D3 1C" to "C2 5F"
    i verified the tune and i believe is ok however i did all mods with editor instead of using the martin tool.
    Can anybody have a look on this bin to see if there is something wrong ??

Thanks a lot !!​
    Attached Files
    Last edited by rodorico; 10-11-2023, 01:08 AM.

Your post is a little unclear. Did you convert the ECU from MSS54 to MSS54HP or are you just flashing the software?

Comment

Did you resync EWS? Sounds like the DME and EWS module are out of alignment. Can do this with INPA
      2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

I converted the ECU, changed flash and resistors.
        I synced EWS, changed VIN etc ...
        However i have the EWS signal manipulation error (code 130) that i can not erase ...
        Last edited by rodorico; 10-11-2023, 01:09 AM.

Comment

Ok problem solved, you were right was EWS...
          Seems that I forgot to keep the 0x01 parameter in last step of ews sync, following steps on this post
          https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/s...one-dme-solved
          I was getting sg rejected via INPA so i used the tool32 tool

Also MAP problem solved, there was a resistor leg not soldered
          Last edited by rodorico; 10-11-2023, 04:07 AM.

Comment

Question

If you delete EWS using something like the ECU works program

Why do you have to run EWS sync?

Comment

Hi Rodrico, I was reading your post about having MAP voltage and MAP Pressure issues with you CSL clone conversion. I did the S54 swap years ago and have been struggling with error codes for years. Most of them don't bother me but months after I converted to CSL with MAP using the Kassel Kit I developed a lean idle. After datalogging the ECU I found that the MAP sensor reading is 3.5V and pressure 820mbars. Im at sea level so the readings should be 5V and 1000 mbars.

In your post you mention a resistor.., can elaborate on this ? Is the resistor in the ECU or inline on the signal wire after the MAP sensor?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Phil
              310-766-1923​

Comment

Working...
              X