Best option for headers + cats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cronenberged View Post
    Rogue engineering is about to make an equal length Sec1 as well if there was enough interest to have it made with cats I'm sure they would make some
    I replied to their post and suggested a version with cats to fit the SS V1 headers. Hopefully they do it.

Comment

incase its not obvious the flow doesnt follow the centreline of the tube (the gas will try and straight line it) so equal centreline length means nothing. The same applies to primaries the effective lneght is different to the centreline length so dont get too hung up on fancy phrases and small differences.

These equal length section I are just a marketing thing to differentiate themself to get people to spend money on shiny things. When you have different length collectors its not a big deal when they are 5 to 6 feet long as its a small percentage difference. In reality bends hurt you so doing stupid things like multple s bends to gain a few inches will probably eliminate any benefit a true eual length may have had.

Comment

Originally posted by Cronenberged View Post
        Rogue engineering is about to make an equal length Sec1 as well if there was enough interest to have it made with cats I'm sure they would make some
        Interested.

Comment

Originally posted by digger View Post

These equal length section I are just a marketing thing to differentiate themself to get people to spend money on shiny things. In reality bends hurt you so doing stupid things like multple s bends to gain a few inches will probably eliminate any benefit a true eual length may have had.

even though sunbeam documents power gains, the novel thing about this product is the higher pitched tone you manage to achieve,

which for the S54 engine, is unheard of

i'll let myself out

Comment

⬆️ The whole point is the sound not a power increase. I think it's pretty unlikely this makes (or loses) any substantial power.

Comment

so the sound comes from a couple of extra mandrel bends that dont belong?

Comment

If you don't like the idea, that's fine, but it clearly sounds different in videos.

Comment

Originally posted by discoelk View Post
                  If you don't like the idea, that's fine, but it clearly sounds different in videos.
                  not saying it isnt but there is-nothing to suggest its the equal length concept either. Unless there is a test of identical setup but with the S bend replaced by straightish section its marketing claims

Comment

Originally posted by digger View Post
                    so the sound comes from a couple of extra mandrel bends that dont belong?
                    their intention was to add bends to create an equal length exhaust, they don't even mention the change in tone that's just something users have noted

先日ちょっとお話しましたが、ビークルさんにご協力頂いて自社のオリジナルパーツを検証しておりました。 パワープー

posted earlier in this thread, they compared their equal length decatted, resonated section 1 to what is commonly known as a stock euro section 1

Comment

Originally posted by usdmej View Post

their intention was to add bends to create an equal length exhaust, they don't even mention the change in tone that's just something users have noted

先日ちょっとお話しましたが、ビークルさんにご協力頂いて自社のオリジナルパーツを検証しておりました。 パワープー

posted earlier in this thread, they compared their equal length decatted, resonated section 1 to what is commonly known as a stock euro section 1
                      That’s what I assumed. So they showed their system is better than a stock one but not that the equal length was responsible for the improvement, maybe they gave theirs a tune and the stock one wasn’t tuned like many people do .
                      all I’m pointing out is dont get too excited about the next big thing in exhaust tech

Comment

Question. What's the difference btw running the OEM header/cat and OEM section 1 and someone who has an aftermarket catless header and installs a catted section 1? Is it since the cat is more downstream, there is more power to be made?

Comment

Originally posted by jpy1980 View Post
                          Question. What's the difference btw running the OEM header/cat and OEM section 1 and someone who has an aftermarket catless header and installs a catted section 1? Is it since the cat is more downstream, there is more power to be made?
                          About 10 hp and 7 ft-lbs of torque

Comment

Working...
                          X