Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unlimited Money-What is your first move?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

built s85 for sure (6speed), carbon side panels, ohlins ttx?

With unlimited money can I add a loaded shop to maintain it? LOL

We take the V10 M3 to Fabco to complete the 10 into 1 headers with a 5 exit Oval 3.5" custom exhaust system.►https://www.driftworks.com/ Support our builds b...

Comment

1. tres latinas muy calientes to follow me around in a Tacoma TRD with immediate supplies for a full and comprehensive service
      2. My Ukrainian mechanic comrade to follow me in his E34 3.3L S52 so that he can slap me every time I complain the s54 valve train is too loud "it's a fakeen S54 man what do you vant?"
      3. Karbonius roof, slon strut brace, CSL rear window, CSL kingpins, carbon driveshaft, drexler carbon gt lightweight 10 clutch limitedslip.de , old spec schirmer E88s et 23, dixis 2.5in muffler, 12.5:1 rebuild from Anri first overbore 3.3L and a jar of Tbonem3 's tears 😂
      2006 Silber Grau Metalizat ZCP 6 MT M-texture (F2AT) - Turner CSL V2/Schrick 280 272/SSv1/SS Sec1/Sec2 dual res/SCZA TI (raw) - FatCat stage 3 ult 400f/784r - EC7r 18x9.5 ET35/CRS 275/35/18 - RacingBrake BBK/MileEnd CSL bumper/Vorsteiner Trunk/Cobra Nogaro Circuit Mtexture/GC RCA/YURKan Cages/Hotchkiss/Vibra-technics/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/htrlo/

Comment

Originally posted by oceansize View Post
        Its funny that we all tell ourselves that power isn't what makes our cars fun and yet most everyone's wish list consists of what? Way more power... and paddle operated automatics. Why I have to own V8s to go along with my e46 (even though my e46 is FI).
        My car is a track toy so paddle shifting allows folks that don't drive stick to hop on it and drive it.

S85 wasn't about the power for me but for the exhaust note.

That being said, S54 is too much power for my skill level but with unlimited budget I'll take the V10 to redline all day long with a smile on my face!

Comment

Originally posted by eacmen View Post

My car is a track toy so paddle shifting allows folks that don't drive stick to hop on it and drive it.

S85 wasn't about the power for me but for the exhaust note.

That being said, S54 is too much power for my skill level but with unlimited budget I'll take the V10 to redline all day long with a smile on my face!
          Nonetheless an interesting observation I made. I make no apologies for liking power, as I said I'm FI, but I do know there is a limit and beyond that enjoyment dissipates.
          3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Originally posted by Nate047 View Post
            Slon workshop front brace
            CF roof
            airboxandcamsandheadersandtune see I made that one word like the germans do so that counts
            Number three makes Nate the man!
            Old, not obsolete.

Comment

Full carbon fiber body
              A better manual gearbox
              Custom interior

Old, not obsolete.

Comment

Originally posted by CrisSilberGrau View Post
                1. tres latinas muy calientes to follow me around in a Tacoma TRD with immediate supplies for a full and comprehensive service
                2. My Ukrainian mechanic comrade to follow me in his E34 3.3L S52 so that he can slap me every time I complain the s54 valve train is too loud "it's a fakeen S54 man what do you vant?"
                3. Karbonius roof, slon strut brace, CSL rear window, CSL kingpins, carbon driveshaft, drexler carbon gt lightweight 10 clutch limitedslip.de , old spec schirmer E88s et 23, dixis 2.5in muffler, 12.5:1 rebuild from Anri first overbore 3.3L and a jar of Tbonem3 's tears 😂
                Time to wake up
                DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post

Time to wake up
                  Just one gypsy tear.

Gooby pls.
                  2004 BMW ///M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon 6MT
                  2005 BMW ///M3
                  Interlagos Blue/Black 6MT Dinan S3-R

2008 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Bamboo/6MT Track Build
                  2000 BMW ///M5 Royal Red/Extended Caramel 6MT
                  2004 BMW X5 Toledo Blue/Sand Beige 6MT
                  2023 Toyota Supra //A91-MT CULG/Hazelnut 6MT

Instagram

Comment

Of the three you listed...its kind of a no-brainer. The diff. A clutch style limited slip is a massive upgrade.

For me...

1. S85
                    2. S58
                    3. S65

An S58 would be the winner. That engine is...holy shit. The cars around it are the issue.

Comment

Truly unlimited money, I'd probably call it quits with the M3 and buy a GT3 or something.

Comment

Originally posted by oceansize View Post
                        Its funny that we all tell ourselves that power isn't what makes our cars fun and yet most everyone's wish list consists of what? Way more power... and paddle operated automatics. Why I have to own V8s to go along with my e46 (even though my e46 is FI).
                        Re: S85, power is secondary... V10 noises is primary otherwise I'd swap a B/S58. And I think the DCT accentuates the S85 nature. The 8HP has made my S54 a riot to drive at RPM, can only imagine the similar experience with an S85.

With all of that said if you go to a track day with any long straights an S54 street car (and some race cars) are getting killed on the straights by just about everything made in the last 10 yrs.
                        '00 R11S, '09 HP2S, '12 R12GSA, '00 Gray 332iT (SOLD), '00 Black 323iT, '02 Alpine 325iT (Track Wagon), '02 Japan Rot 325iT
                        Instagram @HillPerformanceBimmers
                        Email to George@HillPerformance.com

Comment

Originally posted by terra View Post
                          Truly unlimited money, I'd probably call it quits with the M3 and buy a GT3 or something.
                          This is the way.

Comment

1. S65 Swap
                            2. Recaro sportster CS
                            3. CSL airbox

I put 1. for the "unlimited money" aspect of the question but the two others are more realistic goals that I don't have the guts to shell out money for but really would like to do.
                            1 is clearly the winner, but 3. is the second winner which I might do ... but 3-4k just for a thrill when flooring it is... ehhh a bit irrational

Comment

I'd create a re-imagined E46 M3 with a carbon body & monocoque, but retaining its original S54 and DCT optionally.

Comment

1. As PSUEng mentioned, send the car off to Redish. I’ll have them do a full underbody paint matched restoration and reinforcement, including every nut, bolt, and line. Throw in an engine rebuild and suspension overhaul while they’re at it.
                                2. Find an experienced body shop to fully repaint the car top to bottom, replace any seals, and restore the interior.
                                3. The finest cuban cigar to puff on while appreciating all the work done.

Comment

Working...
                                X